Got asked this question for a job interview at a pc repair shop

got asked this question for a job interview at a pc repair shop

you are in a locked room with only a standard business pc and you want to light a cigarette

you have no lighter,fuel,matches etc

all you have is a pc and a lamp

how do you light the cigarette without harming yourself or any of the components?

was this question a ruse? Didnt get the job btw.

I vape.

>you are in a locked room with only a standard business pc
>all you have is a pc and a lamp
You didn't deserve the job

I'd use the lamp.

Use the lamp

Order a lighter off Amazon same day delivery

I suppose you could take apart the lamp's cord and touch the two ends this should cause a pretty nasty spark that should light a cig

>you are in a locked room with only a standard business pc
>all you have is a pc and a lamp

Which is it? Are they saying a lamp is part of a ``standard business pc''?

they said the lamp is a standard office lamp that a worker would have on his desk

Use the lamp

you run a game and wait for the nvidia gpu to burn the building down

Lmao google it faggot

how would you use the lamp? trying to solve in on my own here but the lamp isnt generating enough heat while its on

>they said
How convenient that you've just remembered this. You also never specified that you were even in possession of a cigarette.

Go watch some hentai and rub my dick so hard it catches on fire.

Tldr: light it with my dick.

the paper the interviewer handed me had those specifications retard,not the guy interviewing me

That's fairly ambiguous. If it's an incandescent lamp you can probably light a cigarette on it after it's been on for awhile since they can get ridiculously hot. If it's an LED or florescent lamp then obviously that won't work.

Trick question, smoking is not allowed in the building.
On top of that you're not an idiot so you don't smoke.

Another convenient addition to this story, 15 posts in

thats a dum question
also nice album user

rip the cord out of the lamp, touch the two ends

next time I make a post I make sure to write down every little irrelevant detail so some pajeet on Sup Forums doesnt get assblasted

thanks its pretty good

why would they ask an electrical related question at a computer repair store?.where they just rusing me because they didnt want to give me the job?

Break the lightbulb keep it in the lamp, put the cigarette up against the tungsten filament and turn the lamp on

lamp isn't broken, lightbulb is and is replaceable.

OP said a locked room. Could be your own bedroom since the location is not specified, so it can't be a trick question.

This is why you guys are NEETs. This guy posted the answer.

Here's how I would do it.
>unplug the lamp briefly
>unplug power cord from PC but eave it plugged in at the wall
>pull the cord out of the wall a bit so the contacts are visible
>wrap a section of the cord around the cigarette to hold it, use the wire like tongs
>stick the cigarette in between the two contacts briefly, that should light it
>my hand is safe because the cigarette is between the wire, far away from my hand
>the CPU is safe because it's not plugged in
>the lamp is safe because it's not plugged in
>the wire is safe because the electricity went through the cigarette, and not long enough for it to heat the metal contacts or the plastic

wouldn't the technician get electrocuted then

Smoking is not allowed in my bedroom.

>why would they ask an electrical related question at a computer repair store?

Because you'd be repairing electrical components - soldering new capacitors, etc.
You have to have a basic understanding of electrical components to know what you can safely fuck with and what you can't.

they didn't like you so you didn't have a chance in the first place. they literally rused you.

Only if them and their cigarette are less resistant than the filament and other side of the supply wire which I can virtually guarantee they aren't.

You're not trying to get electricity to flow through the cigarette anyways; you're just using the heat given off by the tungsten element to set the cigarette on fire.

If it's an led lamp you can try to remove the led driver's wires. Direct current with probably a low voltage (12v) so it's enough to give a spark, but never lethal.

Or if it's not led, try to look for a reflective component in the pc and use it to direct the light from the lamp on the cigarette.

/Thread

You're not supposed to light the fucking cigarette because cigarettes are harmful and you're locked in a room.

I am locked in a room. That's bad enough.
Why would I make the experience more unpleasant by adding cigarette smoke?

Dismount heatsink from the CPU
Turn the PC on
Wait for CPU to heat up to 90-100 C (it wouldn't burn right away, also modern CPUs are designed to throttle heavily but still work without cooling)
Profit