Does D-Wave actually make a quantum computer or is it just a meme?

Does D-Wave actually make a quantum computer or is it just a meme?

They do but I don't think its very powerful. Its more for experimentation and learning than cracking any codes yet.

Its not pure Quantum Computing, its quantum annealing, its pretty dope anyways, you also have IBM Q which is the real shit, go to google and stuff Morty

Most in the field don't consider it to be "true" quantum computing. It's sufficiently useful either way, Google and several others bought their computers.

its a fraud

>Does D-Wave actually make a quantum computer or is it just a meme?
Google and NASA say it's real. So it's gotta be.

Quantum computing isn't possible

Was just about to say this.

There are many different ways to implement QMs on computing machines. What they do could be called "Quantum Computers" but they will have little to do with what most people will refer to "Quantum Computers" in 10 years.

For my dissertation I designed a formal language for a type of quantum computers, my specification, for example, couldn't run on any of the D-Wave commercial machines, they are not powerful enough and it terms of architecture quite limiting.

Latest study published in '14:
>The study found that the D-Wave chip "produced no quantum speedup" and did not rule out the possibility in future tests.[70] The researchers, led by Matthias Troyer at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, found "no quantum speedup" across the entire range of their tests, and only inconclusive results when looking at subsets of the tests.
Until they start running Shor and actually crack everyone's encryption, it's a meme.

There is no proof that it uses quantum phenomenon in any way. So no superpostion => no qubits => no "quantum computing".

No, it's a quantum annealer which is different. Don't ask me how
Can you just reach out and touch it without glove like the guy in your pic?

No. What they have is a pretty worthless form of quantum computation. Yes it is an incredibly huge meme

It is a real QC
Only problem is: the tech is only useful as a server intermediary, and nothing more.

Sorry faggots, looks like QCing isn't the way of the future for PC.

>IBM Q
They have a Git-Hub for software experimentation on their Quantum machines. This shit is fucking grand :D

My only worry is that Quantum Computers will never reach desktop size because they require incredibly low temperatures to operate properly (2 Kelvin or lower). Still pretty kick-ass. Maybe i should read up on the research papers more and study the maths?

>2 Kelvin
The 2000Q is 0.015 K, a big difference

It's weird that there's still no questions in the thread about gaymes on a quantum computer.

"Yeah but can it run crysis?"

But user, don't you do all your REAL computing in the cloud anyway?

But seriously, the kinds of problems that a quantum computer would be good at solving aren't exactly common enough that everyone would need one at their desk. I imagine in a decade or two you'll see quantum computer offerings from AWS similar to their relatively new FPGA offerings: not super cheap, but still way cheaper than buying your own, and way more convenient.

hahahahah

Fucking brainlet. That's what it looks like when it's being worked on. It's at room temperature in the pic.
>Doesn't even know what a cryostat is.
It looks like attached when cold. An aluminum is placed over it, surrounding the copper plates that the equipment is attached to.

2 Kelvin is literally nothing.

at some point, it can run crysis all at once and pick out the best, most visually pleasing path with the most action set pieces, and someone will upload it to youtube... it will start to play every game like this, killing the let's play community because how can they compare to a computer, who is essentially playing the game as though it was an action movie?duck behind cover, pleak out in just the right way to have bullets wiz by your head, get back in cover, look down, psych yourself up, and run in, grabbing a person as a human shield and throwing it at someone, taking a few hits because of 'sloppiness' but still winning the encounter, slowly over the game getting better and better at what you are doing.

i tried to get them to sell me one and they don't even have a prototype

it's literally just as powerful as a vacuum tube array in theory

The only part that is the computer is a tiny chip at the bottom of the stalagtite thing
Everything else in that picture is a refrigerator
D WAVE is a refrigerator company

kind of a meme. There's a reason no one else is manufacturing a quantum computer, they're useless in their current state. D-wave saw a market opportunity, where tech giants would pay to get their hands on a prototype so they can run experiments and try to develop software to run on it.

>D-wave saw a market opportunity where tech giants would pay to get their hands on a prototype
Is that really going to do D-Wave owners any good if they can't pull off an IPO to cash in and sell out?

You can already rent time on quantum computers from IBM.