Tfw the building heat hasn't been turned on and you're using your computer as a space heater

>tfw the building heat hasn't been turned on and you're using your computer as a space heater

Anyone else do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

ehwiki.org/wiki/Hentai@Home
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Gaming-PC-vs-Space-Heater-Efficiency-511/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I boot up a game or benchmark just to get the heat going.

My PC's airflow is too good and my heatsink isn't shit tier unfortunately...

have you considered upgrading to an i9?

that intel cpu has to pay for itself somehow

I just put on a sweater. Although I must admit when my x61 gets toasty, it feels pretty nice against my junk.

tfw nvidia

good airflow and thermal conductivity would only make your computer a better space heater though

I have control over my houses heat and still use my computers as space heaters. I contribute to BOINC and heat my home.

when my dad wouldn't let me use the heat in my room, I used to play skyrim on my laptop that had an i3 and no gpu, and rest my arm right next to the exhaust vent. When I couldn't stand the cold anymore, I would pause the game and hold my warm arm against my chest and curl my legs around it.

That's pitiful, your dad's an ass.

your dad is a faggot. i know that feel.

set fans to 100%, run stress tests, enjoy warmth

>stress tests
What a waste, contribute to a distributed computing project.

>he doesn't run hentai@home
ehwiki.org/wiki/Hentai@Home

I debated it at one point, dropped it the second I found out Java was involved. I'll stick to SETI and Collatz Conjecture.

Also I don't think H@H stresses the CPU, it just acts as a hentai server, doesn't it?

If 300 watts go in, 300 watts come out, regardless of airflow and whatnot.

This. Christ, people, this is middle school physics.

>300W
kek, my normal electical heater is 2000W and it's barely enough to heat my room

Apple used to release BTU measurements, given their stated idle BTUs I was keeping my room 3ºF warmer just by letting my PowerMac G5 run. Made a noticeable difference keeping my feet at the exhaust as well. All I can find on TDP is that the 970FX CPU had a 30W TDP at 1.5GHz. I had dual 2GHz 970MPs with one core active per CPU.

yes i am buyer of CORE I9

Used to have an i7 920 + HD 6950.

I just closed my door and played some gamen and it was comfy.

I should probably invest in a VPN before contributing

Is this true? So are expensive spaceheaters stupid if you could just buy a PC of the same wattage?

No, a space heater is more efficient.

Your computer does more than create heat, including outputting light, processing information, turning fans etc... All of that takes energy away from the heat.

A space heater on the other hand is designed to put as much energy into generating heat as possible.

Processing isn't work. CPUs are almost perfect heaters

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Gaming-PC-vs-Space-Heater-Efficiency-511/

fyckuo

Not sure who to believe. Just wondering if you're better off getting a power hungry old PC for $20 or if that's wasting power.

Got a small mining ferm at home. So, my heater pays for heat literally.

Check , fine-tuned PC actually beats a real heater

yeah unintentionally and i end up sweating my ass off

7980XE is the best space heater

>"Building heat"
Hahahaha imagine being European everyone

Only the proles in commieblocks have that.

>tfw no more small, loud, toasty server room to pretend to work in during the winter

>tfw my room is the warmest in the home
>keeping both of my PC's on for no reason
it might be cheaper to invest in a space heater but there's no point since my apartment will likely start keep the heat on in a week or so

it's pretty common in the US with apartment buildings
as long as the outside temp is above a certain threshold the radiators stay off the difference between 55 and 57 for example really sucks

>implying that's not the technologically superior solution

I don't own amd cpu. Just an old core 2 quad intel

The energy used for processing all turns into heat eventually, so computers are almost 100% efficient space heaters. Computers also have the advantage of being able to do useful computations in the process of heating your room, like helping some distributed computation project, or mining BTC and the like. The only valid arguments against having a space-heater PC is the higher initial cost, and the fadegradation of the components caused by the heat.

>fadegradation
*faster degradation, I accidentally posted before finishing my post

That`s my exact setup.

>tfw freezing
>tfw no housefire gpu
last time I listen to you faggots

yes, I compile stuff on gentoo

Hentai@home doesn't use really any CPU, it's just a distributed hentai server.

O-or so I've heard