Nokia 5

Yay or nay?

Really great phone for its price tag. Been using it for a month and still don't regret buying it instead of Xiaomi.

Locked bootloader

What about the standard 'adb unlock bootloader' method?

Also, some Nokia guy tweeted that they are willing to unlock the bootloaders, albeit one model at a time.

Shit-tier cpu

There is no way in hell I would buy a phone with a locked bootloader and hope that the company eventually unlocks it. All they really care about is getting your money.

Unlockable bootloader out of the box or GTFO. I don't support phone manufacturers fail to comply.

Expensive for what it is.
Locked bootloader.
Low end.

I'd just get a Redmi Note 4X, or a Mi A1.

Bought it last month. I use my phone for mostly calling, texting and some business apps ( skype, mail, bank apps, Paypal ....) and no gaming, youtube or media ... and I believe I made the right purchase.

The phone looks good, feels sturdy and well-built. Battery is awesome, lasts more than 3 days for me.

Normie.

>Stock Android
>Superb build quality
>Confirmed to get Android 8.0 and beyond

It's pretty yay I'd say. Fuck chink shit.

No custom ROM development means no buy. Shove it up your ass.

>I need custom roms because my chink overlords don't even bother to support anything after release
lul

Your Nokia will reach EOL and you will feel the same. A device is still usable after the OEM stopped supporting the damn thing. Unless you throw away hardware or resell it for next to nothing just to buy the latest product. I like to use my devices at it's full potential.

NO faggot. I want unlocked bootloader, custom roms, custom kernels, systemless root, custom audio driver, wifi firmware monitor mode, theme support, systemless adbocking, immediate security fixes, underclocking and many more.

autism

All of the naysayers in this thread, could you kindly suggest an alternative in the same price bracket?

Go buy an Applel iPhone, fag.

Can I get pajeet ROMs for it?

Why not just load twrp with adb flash

Because you need open bootloader faggot. Bootloader will not accept custom ROM and recovery keys. Is that hard to understand?

Autism but he got the point at least.