/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/4Lang/4
mozilla.github.io/extension-finder/
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how do i convince a normie friend not to buy an i7 6700 non k and buy an r5/r7 instead?
or else, how can i make him feel buyer's regret?
i have an r7 myself and we'll organize a lan party with him to build his pc

It's newer, Skylake is totally outdated. Ryzen has XFR so even a retard gets higher clock speeds.

>can't wear pantsu on head
why life?

Why does she wear the pantsu?

What are some used GeForce cards, better than a 750 Ti, that are worth buying in 2018-1?

My college gives me choice between Python and Delphi. What should i choose?

Python, wtf is Delphi lol?

Anything older than 10xx/R4xx gen is gonna suffer hard. You better be gettin a deep motherfucking discount to go back.

950?

delphi is a language which last conference did't happen cause one programmer caught flu and the other one didn't want to go alone

It's why I was looking at used.
RX cards are shit (good) with the mining craze, and any GTX10 series cards under the 1080 are still pretty inflated.
The thing is, power draw isn't a huge concern, so I was looking at things like the 680, 690, 780 Ti, etc.
I can't even find a used 950 anywhere nearby me on a site like Gumtree. Might just put money in my account and search Ebay bids, hoping to get lucky.

Anyone know what these are?

Intel(R) Sideband Fabric Device Driver Intel Corporation 15.06.2017 1,10 MB 1.0.0.1002
Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Intel Corporation 27.12.2014 1.0.0.1064

they make your pc fater

I accidentally deleted an email from my "Archived" folder, and I can't find a way to restore it. Am I fucked?
I was an important email too.

check trash

I looked, it wasn't there.
I also tried doing that thing where you can recover items deleted from trash, but it wasn't there either.

Which is better, buying a GTX980 for about $230 USD now, or waiting until the mining craze dies down?
It's similar performance to the 1060/580, and we all know how they're priced at the moment.

see if you have a "deleted" folder
also if it was that important, try to get the person that sent you it to resend it
or check your emails on some other devices where you might have downloaded it before

Python.

That's not even a question. Delphi as a language is dead.

why don't we program with emojis?

but we already do

github.com/4Lang/4

I'm relatively new to selling things, so would like some opinions on whether it's worth putting up my old drives on something like Ebay?
>250GB 5400RPM 2.5"
>750GB 5400RPM 2.5"
>160GB 7200RPM 3.5"
>120GB Samsung 840 SSD
>1TB 7200RPM 3.5"
>1TB 5400RPM 2.5"
Roughly how much would each of these sell for?

kek some of the unicode characters are working for me and all i get are boxes

shipping would be more expensive then that shit
it's worthless.

$10-20 each. Maybe 30 for the 1tbs.
If you don't already have feedback, see picrelated.

His coconut, can fire in spurts,
If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt.

>notice slowdown when using desktop
>occasional clicking
>open speccy, 659 days, 10 hours of powered on time

wew, didn't think it'd been that long. Time for a new hard drive then. Used to use a USB to clone my drive, but my current case has a lot more room, better to just install the new drive right to the mother board to clone it, then leave the old drive disconnected inside for a back up? Would any further degradation occur due to the ambient heat in the case (drive averages around 30-35 degrees celsius year round thanks to good intake fan right near it and good exhaust).

I have a List of in which I raise an event whenever a thread finishes processing - but how do I pass the specific Thread List Object to the event? is it passed to one of those: "sender As Object, e As EventArgs" if not, how can I pass the thread list item to the event?

i don't get it, don't you ever turn off your system?

why don't you wait for all the threads to finish first?
otherwise you might aswell just do the "after thread code" in the actual thread code

>i don't get it, don't you ever turn off your system?

Built the system 7 years ago, been running like a champ since. I've upgraded parts over the years, RAM, graphics card, etc. but never the hard drive as it hasn't given me issues.

get a ssd then

Because I want to remove that specific thread from the list

If crystaldiskinfo doesn't show anything wrong with the drive, there probably isnt. As always, have any shit you care about backed up. Your "slowdown" is probably either your computer being old relative to the current software, or years of crap built up in your registry. Clean install will help with the latter. It's time to get an SSD though.

I keep getting this every now and then when I search something on Google, am I infected or what

Ok so doing some testing on this shitty card it seems that theres no clock or memory clock rates. Im wondering what this means since the card still shows up though

are you using a loop? if so then you'll only do that thread thing once

Bought an enclosure for an old laptop hard drive.
It shows an LED indicator and the drive is spinning up, but I can't see it in My Computer or Disk Management. Wat do?

What the fuck is going on with chrome, after it updated it fucked up the colors everywhere, image viewer has this random gray area around it, same goes with any other dark element, but its not in the source of the page

I've thought about an SSD, but $300+ for 1TB is pretty steep for me. Lost my job in January, just got another one last month, so I had to use my upgrade savings account to help pay bills in the mean time.

I have two lists, one is the pool the other one is active threads and the finished event would pull in from the pool into active and remove the finished thread.

Scratch that. It's showing up in Disk Management now.
It won't let me assign it a drive letter.

Does anyone have experience with using a TV tuner on PC? How does it compare to using a cable box?

My ISP gave me a second static IP because I wanted to expose my Raspberry PI to the internet to have my own cloud. Now they activated the second IP and said that I have to configure both IPs as one WAN. My router allows me to put only one static IP in the WAN config. Do I need a new router? I'm not good with networks

Is there a way I can disable specifically the bookmarks button on Firefox's menu bar? When I open it it lags the browser for a few seconds, and scrolling without tags is obsolete when I can ctrl + shift + b to access the library with search. Not that trackpoint scrolling appears to work in the bookmarks dropdown. Literally this being enabled only punishes me if I happen to hover over it, how can I disable it?

Do what everybody else does. Get a 240gb for $60 and store whatever wont fit on an HDD.

Bane?

Anyone ?

what is nightly ?

Did webms just stop working on FF Nightly's newest version?
The controls are all messed up now, and a constant error message appears saying MIME isn't a supported format" or something

Halp?

King Arthur's littlest servant.

I noticed that too, there were two green loading bars superimposed at the top left of the webm. It didn't happen with "image expansion" (default) in the Sup Forums settings though, only when I open in a new tab. Which was fine enough for me to ignore it considering webm-specific tabs don't have loop without right click enabling it anyway.

Firefox 58

So figure get a 1 tb HHD and clone over from the failing hard drive, then when I can pick up a smaller SSD and set that up as my boot drive?

Sorry to respond to you twice but actually I just woke up an hour ago and my Nightly updated during my sleep, so maybe they fixed it, maybe not.

Son, you fucked up. Now is the time to be steering AWAY from the new firefox bullshit. Come back in 6 months when that shit has settled. ESR FTW.

Look up 'Queue' in the documentation

Not him but some programs specifically check HDD performance, pic related. There are also other ones though but I forgot them/ never used them before and ended up pirating this one.

Nightly works just fine, I just can't export my Sup Forums X preferences, which is a pretty minor problem.

Roughly. I'd take the opportunity to upgrade to a larger hard drive, since they're a better price per GB. Now is probably a good time to get rid of the junk by clean installing. Normally I'd say swap out the SSD first, but if you've only got a single copy of your shit, you want that backup asap. If you're planning on getting an SSD later, you can separate your media from your boot partition to make the clone easier.

If I took of those panties, would you die?

>Comes back 2 days later with a different problem

You merely adopted the pantsu, I was born into them!

Groovy, thank you kindly for the help. Just knowing that I can do it at a later date is good, I can always look up the particulars when I am ready. I've never done dual drive systems so I wasn't up to speed on the particulars.

Might as well ask a somewhat stupid question. When using an SSD and a HDD, lets use steam as en example. Would your SSD boot drive just be for windows with steam and all of the individual game folders and files on the HDD, or would steam be on the SDD as well but store all of the games and their data on the HDD? Basic shit, but again I've no experience with multiple drives in a desktop, apart from external hard drives for extra storage space.

I did and it seemed rather complicated for just the thing I wanted to do and I didnt really get how I would really limit how many items the queue processes etc

You install on the SSD what you want to be fast. So if you want a game to have shorter load times, you install it on the SSD. It all depends on what you want. Just don't be a retards and put your movies/music on the SSD, no benefit there.

Super groovy, thanks again.

>old hard drives
>Less than 1 TB
>4TB drives are now ~120$

Maybe the 1TB ones for 20$

You generally want software on the SSD and media files on the HDD. Steam itself will be on the SSD. However large games don't benefit a lot from SSDs, except for load times, and they're hard to fit on there, so you'll probably want to stick most of the big ones on the HDD. Steam makes it very easy to move them around.

Well the Queue just takes items in and when it's time to process them, it removes it from the queue then processed them, ensuring that it doesn't do it twice.

otherwise, you might be better off just creating a copy of your list with threads and then use that to process, then always have an empty list that gets new threads into it

honestly the queue is alot easier

Are you on a company network or behind any sort of proxy/VPN/Load balancer? Google only shows that if it gets hundreds of requests from the same IP

Thanks anons. Thats what i checked when i got form this morning. Its kinda shit though, bc it was just choosing preffered shit and there is still possibility i will end up on delphi.

I'm at home with my home connection, something is occurring

Not him but I live in Canada and prices for the 2.5" 1TB still be retarded up here. But I got mine for 60 CAD two years ago and though there wasn't much price discrepancy between 500gb and 1TB models, which I was told was due to tech not advancing in a linear way. Anyhow though yeah, no one's willingly paying equal price as 1TB for less than 1TB, any less isn't worth it.

Why shouldn't I use ExFat on all my external drives?

something about partitions and space allocation, can't remember exactly why, just that not using ntcf or whatever it was called, caused a ton of problems for me

There are no alternatives for Firefox 57 legacy extensions. Where should I look for them?

After googling further it seems like I would just add to queue all the threads, then dequeue, but still how do I limit it, so I don't spawn too much threads at once?

mozilla.github.io/extension-finder/

how to learn dos programming?

What do I need if I want to re-install my windows? The product-key and windows iso? Is that all? Like would windows install the drivers on it's own or how would that go down?

in speccy what does the numbers after the ram stand for?
for example (14-14-14-34) in what do they show?

Thanks!

Not him but I thought you did the equivalent of drop a lmgtfy link but looking at the title of this this seems way better. Thanks.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

It usually get most/all of the drivers. You might have to go digging around for a few that don't auto-populate.

Are there any extensions/addons to deal with Nightly's webm problem...?

>expecting webext to be able to counter beta browser bullshit
wew lad.

I've tried the code for several pacman games in java but everytime pacman is invisible, he interacts with everything fine but I can't see him as he eats the dots. Any clue why this might be? It's true across several implementations.

just add a check before you dequeue
change your loop to a 'while' loop instead, that way it'll constantly try to empty itself even when you tell it not to
you can add a check based on the count of threads active
you can change this integer when you add and when a thread finishes with your event

What is botnet

CBS and piratebay

I solved it, youre amazing user, thanks, I just dequeue immediately 50 items at the start and that basically starts the queue - after a thread finishes it dequeues another item, so theres always only max 50 threads at once

>there wasn't much price discrepancy between 500gb and 1TB models

There still isn't. You pay around 50$ for 1TB while 4TB is only 120$. After 4TB most manufacturers have to fill the enclosures with helium so they can get more platters in which removes the value proposition. If you ever need more, buy 4TB unless you're using them in extreme conditions.

If I take it off will you die?

When I open Network and Sharing Center in Windows 7, it's completely unresponsive, CPU usage spikes up massively and the "Network" icons are flashing rapidly. Have to close it through Task Manager and then Explorer crashes. What the fuck.

If that's your only problem, could be a fucked up network adapter. See what comes up in device manager. Otherwise check drive health and run sfc /scannow. Also scan with malwarebytes.

Something about the timings, never understood it myself but I think you want them to be the same number.

>tfw
>6tb ssd never
why did manufactures stop increasing ssd sizes for consumer products? it's like they all went "shit i don't wanna do this anymore" and just gave up