Does every single nexus 5x device bootloops at some point...

does every single nexus 5x device bootloops at some point? it's an awesome device but i need a working phone that won't die on me randomly

>does every single nexus 5x device bootloops at some point
yes, but not because they're nexus devices, but because they run android

mine has never bootlooped
didn't even know it was an issue

please explain this one to me, and use some examples

Ive been using android phones for like 4 or 5 years and never had a boot loop

Only LG manufactured devices bootloop after a certain period of time.

Never buy an LG phone. Problem solved.

this happened to my brother, never even rooted it or nothing, just one day his phone shut off and tried to turn it on but kept sending him back to the lg logo.

Just buy an iPhone next time

then just buy iPhone

The Apple iPhone 8 Plus doesn't have this problem.

I had a g3 that got bootloop for a little while before it stopped turning on. Its not very sudden, it will do something like freeze when it gets too hot or not turn on for a little while, removing the battery and putting it back will fix it, when you start getting the green screen then its time to replace, mine took like 6 months to die on me

this happens to me on my iphone so clearly it's not only an android issue

Lolno

It's a hardware issue

My Google Pixel started bootlooping last week. It's out of warranty. Phone carrier wouldn't replace it.
Will never buy another Google-produced phone again.

I was told by a guy at the phone shop that it's due to BGA becoming loose, btw.

Same here. I've had my nexus since android 6-point-something, updated it regularly, now it's running Oreo and I've never had a bootloop.

It only happens when your dumb ass drops it often. I have a old tab 4 that runs smooth as fuck until one day my gf drops it from less than a meter height (40cm) and it kept bootloop until i hold the power button long enough to force restart.

>LG
Found your problem, m8

My 5X never bootloops, but my leg triggers the fingerprint feature and makes it vibrate making me think theres a notification. I eventually got a Sony XA1 ultra and been happy since.

Its a hardware failure from shitty manufacturing.... How does rooting it have anything to do with it?

I've owned both a Virgin LG and a Google Fi Nexus 5. Never experienced boot loop on either. Clearly you're in the minority, at least in this thread.

>Never buy an LG phone
Out of 3 LG phones I've had 2 shat the bed for no reason. Nexus 5 wifi-bt module stopped working suddenly and an Optimus G NFC module crapped itself one day. Curiously my E970 that i've used as a mini tablet everyday for 4 years keeps going strong.

I know 8 friends with a 5x, 3 of them bootlooped

my 5x has never bootlooped
I run it w/ unlocked bootloader using Google factory images + sideloaded root

first nexus phone, i still used as a 2ndary phone, bootlooped itself to death last year

shitty hardware or build in obsolescence feature

N5x user here. Never had a bootloop. Running custom roms here and there no issues.

But it might.

Totally objective and scientific; I've had an LG G3 and a LG Nexus 5x. The former died slowly, the latter is now on its 3rd motherboard (under warranty).

Won't be buying LG again

It's because of the solder on the SoCor something, every LG phone from that generation have this

>nexus 5 user.
sent back mine about 3 times once every year.
first time it was because the gpu broke, second was due to the cell radio braking, third time was because of the boot loop. Bought mine off google play and got a rma every time.

There is a patch to save booltlooped nexus 5X on xda

It's an SoC issue, direct all concerns to Qualcomm about that