Why retards say watercooling is better than aircooling for overclocking?

Why retards say watercooling is better than aircooling for overclocking?

Kill yourselves watercoolingfags shills

Removes more heat with less noise.

Well, if you build an open loop. Closed-loop all-in-one watercooling is pointless, its just a way to spend more money for the same performance as a fancy air cooler, and without any of the hobby-project fun.

>watercooling
what happens if that shit leaks?

>removes more heat
if you manage a proper airflow it can even perform better than your shitty piss poor liquid

fucking shills trying to shill their garbage

user if it leaks it doesn't actually harm your device. even though it is called water cooling it is actually a sort of oil. Technically it's oil with anti-heat (opposite of anti-freeze). And it does not harm electronics. In fact i sometimes crack the tubing and pour the oil over my gpu and fans to really make sure that my devices stay cool. Though i have to get new oil every couple of months but i think it's worth it.

this, AIOs are stupid.

It doesn't if you're not a retard and use hose clamps.

It shorts shit out and destroys your components. Don't let the loop leak.

A custom loop is definitely going to remove more heat. Most AIOs though lose to pic related.

>pour liquid coolant over devices
Do you also wash your motherboard with water ?

noctua, I have those gigantic lil shits, they perform like beasts. Also watercooling is shit you watercooling donut

whose right?

it's too big

watercooling is superior when you have a crammed case full of very hot components.
but for most uses, even for gaming, it's worse.
and for super quiet setups it's worse.

Actually there is nothing wrong with washing a mobo with water.

Look at how the industry removes flux residue.

>solvent
>rinse with hot water

watercooling is used because it has a higher heat capacity so it'll stay cooler for longer, the only downside is that it has a higher heat capacity so it'll be slightly warmer for a bit longer when dropping to idle

still have a nh-d14 and my my 140w tdp cpu won't go above 70c on overclocking torture tests, can't say the same for my gpu however which routinely gets up to 94c

they both are, distilled water isn't conductive but dust and other contaminants on your board can be conductive

Watercooling is nice when you don't want to worry about clearance issues. Not everyone can put a NH-D15 in their PC.

Kill yourselves gaymer shills.

Poorfag detected

>his GNU+Linux rig isn't watercooled

lmaoing at youre live

Reminder that ducting your heatsink is cheap, easy and improves performance while lower noise.

Literally no reason not to do it besides laziness

>
>still have a nh-d14 and my my 140w tdp cpu won't go above 70c on overclocking torture tests, can't say the same for my gpu however which routinely gets up to 94c

Checkmate athiests, dumping all that hot air directly into your case increases it's overall temperature... Who knew
Only brainlets use air cooling or intake watercoolers.

leaking isn't an aircolling problem :^)

>tfw using one of these with only one fan
>1800x never goes above 60°C with all cores maxed
I should put the other fan back on.

>dumping all that hot air directly into your case increases it's overall temperature... Who knew

Duct it

How the fuck is your case laid out?

It Barely is though.

At least for Open Loop solutions.
Closed loop solutions are highly neck and neck with air cooling.

>dumping all that hot air directly into your case increases it's overall temperature

I never got this meme, isn't the fan supposed to push the air from inside the case, through the radiator and then out of the case like an exhaust?

Wtf is up with people who mount radiators at front intake?

You sound like you're either too poor or too stupid to water cool your machine. Poverty makes people angry and violent. Maybe one day when you get a job, you'll be able to afford to properly cool your PC and live a happier life.

Ensures that the coolest air, straight from outside the case, goes through the rad, instead of warmer air from inside the case. Also this is the way to set things up if you want to maintain a positive case pressure for dust control. Finally some people do it just because it makes laying out the components and tubing easier with some cases.

But that's wrong, with proper cpu and gpu blocks covering even the vrms, there would be no "hot air" inside the case, and you can still mantain positive pressure with more intake fans that exhausts.

and you sound like a plebeian faggot whose tell people what should they wear and say

Calm down my dude

Anyone have that guide for how to hook up your computer to your home's water supply?

It was a gimmick thing, but quite amusing.

Can someone please give me the source of OP's picture?

Liquid water is roughly 780 times more dense than liquid air. Thus, it takes much longer to raise the temperature of water, so the fluctuations in temperature are leveled out.

On top of this, you can place the radiator anywhere you want, resulting in optimal cooling and space usage.

Yandex

>he doesn't use vapor phase change cooling

Since this thread is here, what is the best air cooler that I can get that will still fit in the same space as a hyper 212 evo?

TRUE
Megahalems

>Thus, it takes much longer to raise the temperature of water
And yet iron that is even more dense than water takes less energy to heat up.
It's almost as if you have no idea what you are talking about.

Further the cooling ability is based on the exchange of heat. The radiators used are generally much less efficient at heat transfer than air coolers. They get around the lower efficiency by having a medium that does take more energy to heat up and have a tank of water to heat up adding to the time of cooling you have.

But on the long term of many hours of high load air cooling beats water cooling due to better radiator design.

The concept he was after is specific heat capacity.

Anyway the benefit of water is that it lets you easily move the heat to a different place to be dissipated. Your radiator can be several times as big as that of an air cooler, can easily have push/pull fans, and can easily be put in a better place for airflow. This can easily overpower a theoretically lower efficiency.

Water coolers take longer to reach equilibrium than air coolers, but not that long. "thermal inertia" is only really a thing if you have a very large reservoir.

as long as it had no residual charge and was allowed enough to dry, you could was a mobo with water and be fine.

just wondering but is it possible to cool a PC with piss

It's pretty much water with urea and some other shit, so yeah you could. Might corrode some components