Would you ever trade modern Europe for medieval Europe? Without the plague and shitty living conditions obviously

Would you ever trade modern Europe for medieval Europe? Without the plague and shitty living conditions obviously.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Without the plague and shitty living conditions
But then it wouldn't be medieval Europe. The pure essence of it was life was brutal, shitty and short and your only hand to hold was Christianity.

>Without the shitty living conditions
I can't really think of it as medieval if the living conditions aren't medieval.

Then what came before medieval times? The Roman Empire?

>Without the plague and shitty living conditions

Then its not really medieval europe then

So would I trade it for a videogame world is what your really asking?
No? because I'm not autistic

>living without medicine
>living without electricity
>living without heating
>living with a food horizon of 24 hours
>mandatory working >for free for the local lord
>forcefully enroled as fodder for the permanent wars between butthurt lords

sorry, but no

But maybe you consider all of this as part of the "shitty living conditions"? In case your post wouldn't make sense though, as it would be pretty much living like "modern Europe"

It had plenty of plague and shit living conditions.

A time run by the jews and Catholic church. Threat of constant war because the town next over is pissed. If war does break out I'll be killed, my wife will be raped and my child will be left to die.

No

I dunno, I suppose you could refer to it as late antiquity or the late classical era. You can also refer to it as the migration period depending on the context and what you want to focus on. Life wasn't all rosy back then either. Just because you happened to live in the Roman Empire didn't mean your life was necessarily a good one.

any day.
too bad I can't find that YT video in french about corporations
idk if the word is the same in english

for example, to be a baker, you had to belong to the corporation of bakers, like if your father was a baker.
the historian further explains how life was guided by corporations from birth to retirement, no anxiety, no unemployment, no career to choose, social protection in every instance...

really makes you understand how the progress they sell us on TV is a scam.

>inb4 "you couldn't even have fun here without a computer and programmers!"
Without a computer, middle age, I'd be working in the sun in a field with my family, before playing cards *IRL*, then spend the night listening to tales by the elderly, children in my arms, faithful wife at my side.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't as many outcasts.

though I had a laugh the other day, reading a quote (through gg images) from the XVIIIth century, some famous writer was feeling for the elederly of his time, who contrary to older generations, had the misfortune of being old in a world they couldn't recognize, having changed so fast since their youth.

pic in OP reminds me of "downtown" Rouen, Normandy

The romantic XIXth century literary movement tried to save the middle-age, after the "enlightenment" dissing.
A good example being Victor Hugo, in Notre Dame de Paris (still today, foreigners care for that church because of the book)

lifespan is about 30 years with a lot of suffering and working and wars for surviving against many invaders.
Are you masochist Canada?

>shitty living conditions
Compared to where I live now I think it would be an improvement to live in medieval times.

Also even you only got 30 or 40 years old I'm pretty sure life felt longer than now, as there wasn't such an information/entertainment overload.

Live would probably be much more "natural" than nowadays. War, fighting, surviving, etc. is all human nature.

>lifespan is about 30 years
for the plebs? not far from the truth.
for the rich? total myth.

look most biographies of middle age famous men and ancient times men, for example Plato en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato

did he die at 30 because modern medicine and vaccines didn't exist.
no. He lived till 80 years old.

now even for plebs, I'm sure many would prefer a good shot life to an awful long life in front of Netflix.

how many of us woulda made it past like 4 years old though, i had a fever that would have killed me or at least boiled my brain without modern medicine when i was a child

this

I've never had the opportunity to have a steady job, I will never own a home, spent my life alone.
I'm not saying Modern Times are hell for everyone, but they are for me.

yes
obviously someone like me would have been a lord
it would be great

>life was short
This shitty meme comes from faggots including infant mortality in the average lifespan. If you made it past that you could probably live to 60, and if you died in childbirth, well you probably wouldn't even know it.

First bring knowledge from future and then be torched for heresy.

yep but you have the right to fuck any girl in your kingdom though

this

Nah not medieval. But maybe the Renaissance. I would be an engineer working for a dutch trade company. Maybe join some trade journeys and fug exotic babes in far away lands. It would be great.

lel
What an informed and thoughtful post. You have really expanded my knowledge on this subject. Thank you dearly.

So basically how to live a rural life but with all the bonuses of the modern world?

You do know that the mortality rate for child-bearing for example was 1/10 depending on how good your mid-wives were.