Honest question here: is chromium botnet ?

Honest question here: is chromium botnet ?

No

yes

Probably

Certainly

Ask again later

Isn't Chromium completely open source? If yes,wouldn't the community notice possible backdoors and vulnerabilities?

No

>Isn't Chromium completely open source?
Yes
>wouldn't the community notice possible backdoors and vulnerabilities?
Yes

Yes. The core of the browser is open source but it automatically downloads closed source binaries on startup.

Projects like ungoogled-chromium attempt to remove all these things, but it's not 100%

Nightly is the recommended botnet-free browser

i dont know anything about chromium, used it only a couple times, and am not in any way an expert on chromium or anything. but i think so, yes.

That's exactly my thought
It even on Debian main repo, if the dev really notice possible backdoors he would have removed it

Even on linux? Damn nigga.

It's open source, but not free software. Also, google still does its tracking on you when you use it.

I guess i will go with firefox beta/nightly

What about derivatives, like Vivaldi and Slimjet?

>Nightly
I'll take Waterfox. They let me use my add-ons.

Botnet != Vulnerable

It is, that's why Debian ships it a bit stripped, Iridium removes some blobs and even further, Ungoogled Chromium removes all of that plus more.

>Chromium
A little bit
>Ungoogled Chromium
No

By the same principal that android is open source but still a botnet, chromium is just a shell around googles proprietary frameworks.

If its built without a developer key, sync is disabled and it atleast stops the most blatant spying.

>chromium
I'd like to ask a question. Are the developers mostly from Google?

What about iridium?

A little bit. Turn off all the settings which integrate with Google services, and it's one of the best options you're going to get.

Android's botnet functionality is in the closed source Google Apps bundle.

Use Yandex if you're a man.