Which Slav language should I learn and why?

Which Slav language should I learn and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

citajmedetom.pravda.sk/klasicke-rozpravky/clanok/19435-janko-hrasko/
youtube.com/watch?v=MvFj4N1Lc3k
youtube.com/watch?v=5-exHLA67b8
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZstFSgziTo
youtube.com/watch?v=5sbmsnNbr4w
vocaroo.com/i/s1sAZ7uLaPkD
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Lower_Pannonia
youtube.com/watch?v=fCmXpiCtRjs
old.nuk.uni-lj.si/bs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

russian

I wish the banana was my dick and she shoved it deep inside her throat

this desu

Is that what ahmed is doing to your gf right now?

Russian because others are completely useless

What the fuck is wrong with you leafs? You are all so fucking cringy and unfunny. Is it just you shitposting or are you all autistic?

>cringy
>unfunny

Take your buzzwords back to redddit kid

Actually, zhang, I do not have a gf at all.
And I am sure you have even less.
Now go back to your Australian friend and be unhappy together.

Oh wait, they are full :^)

>I do not have a gf at all.

Not surprising

Russian is the only relevant Slavic language

why would you learn other slavic language than russian

learn slovene
it’s the most archaic so you’ll have a decent foundation which will enable you to understand other slavic languages to a certain extent.

I heard the same about Slovak, and also about the Prekmurje dialect of Slovene.

Btw how much do you guys understand Slovak? A sample
citajmedetom.pravda.sk/klasicke-rozpravky/clanok/19435-janko-hrasko/ . I linked a traditional Slovak fairytale - less loanwords and neologisms more pure Slovak so more cognates with Proto-Slavic.

Looks like Polish without the cz sounds. Tbqh a sound recording would be better.

>youtube.com/watch?v=MvFj4N1Lc3k
Here is an example of the purest Slovene dialect.

I'm pretty sure Russian has more native speakers than every other Slavic language combined, but I don't remember the exact numbers. You can easily find it on Wikipedia. Make sure to account for second language speakers, since Russian actually has those, unlike the other Slavic languages.

Russian, if you want to get some use of the language
Polish, if you want to be bros with Voldemort
Upper Carolinian, if you want to understand the universe

Wait, that does not even sound Slavic, sounds like Swedish or something. I hear recorded Slovene before, that does not sound like it.

Slovak:

youtube.com/watch?v=5-exHLA67b8
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZstFSgziTo

We have the cz, sz, ż sounds actually, but we have a different orthography and write them as č, š and ž respectively. Btw how much did you understand that text?

Basically this

>Swedish
lmao
I was messing with you because that's pretty much the closest any Slovene dialect gets to German, especially with the pronunciation. It's very far from the standard Slovene which you probably heard.

I understand words in every sentence but altogether, I don't understand it very well.

Do you get the general meaning? Can you post real pure Slovene dialect, something least Germanized?

Is the spoken or written form of Slovak easier for you to understand?

I don't really know which dialect that would be and there aren't many videos on Youtube. I guess the Pannonian dialects don't have as many german loan words.
>youtube.com/watch?v=5sbmsnNbr4w
(ignore the reporter since he's speaking in standard).
Still, one of the guys in the video uses a loan word in the second sentence, kek.

After checking the above videos I came to the conclusion I understand both to the same extent - not very much.

you mean upper carniolan...

i sometimes have trouble understanding people that live in the same valley, just 5 km away.

Slovenian pls, so it doesn't go extinct.

the children story is easier due to expressed emotions. That really helps.

Btw, I had a slovak family come into a tourist agency a few days ago. They insisted that I speak slovene, and they understood most of it. But I had to speak slowly and properly.

Also, I was once in a hostel in Bratislava, and the receptionist qt3.14 explained everything in slovak and referred to me and my friend as slavic bros. Quite interesting how much that "slavic soul" mentality is wide-spread.
Before that I had a similar experience in Zagreb, Croatia.

Interesting language. Supposedly closer to West Slavic ones than other South Slavic ones, but I understand Serbo-Croatian a lot more. Written Standard Slovene in Wikipedia is fairly understandable to me through.

Do you understand these sentences?
vocaroo.com/i/s1sAZ7uLaPkD

Russian is the only relevant one.

I understood dobri večer, Mihael, /in/, 4chanu, pozdravajam and idiot.

I had a decent conversation with an Ukrainian who is also fluent in Polish and Russian, using a Slovak-Russian mix.

I am a bit fascinated with Slovene (even if I find Russian, an East Slavic language a lot more understandable), because what the inhabitants of pre-Magyar Pannonia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Lower_Pannonia spoke before the arrival of Magyar tribes was probably in-between the ancestor of Slovak and Slovene.

I understand old-Slovene perfectly youtube.com/watch?v=fCmXpiCtRjs .

Switch your damn pc's interface to Slovenian.

written it is,

Dobrý večer, volám sa Michal mám 23 rokov a rád navštevujem Sup Forums časť 4chanu. Pozdravujem všetkých uživateľov, ktorí si túto nahrávku pustia. Cítim sa ako idiot keď tu to nahrávam.

*should be ...volám sa Michal, mám 23 rokov (comma)

Here's some more of the Freising manuscript, if you're interested.
old.nuk.uni-lj.si/bs.html

Ďakujem :).

Btw are the subtitles in modern standard Slovene? Sometimes they are very different from the old text and the spoken word.

The darkening around the eyes that middle easterners have makes them look like subhuman demons

If I hadn't heard this word before, I would not know it meant thank you.

>Btw are the subtitles in modern standard Slovene?
Yes.

How is ďakujem in Slovene?

hvala

It's metaposting.

Georgian

perfect gf material

Oh, so like in Serbo-croatian then.

We actually have a word like that, chvála, with a different meaning, but clearly related, it means praise. So I can easily understand "hvala" as it is basically "be praised" as a way of saying "thanks".

I don't know what sort of word hvala is in thank you is but as a noun, it does mean praise in Slovene.

So the same then.

Yes.

>slovenia and slovakia are two different countries

Whoah.. . really makes the ol noggin tick.

Anyone else find it disgusting how her eyes are literally black?
Like you can see that there is no soul in there

need more muslim girls being unintentionally sexy