We need more outliers for Vega

We need more outliers for Vega.

Other urls found in this thread:

hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/44446-asus-rog-strix-radeon-vega-64-oc-edition-im-undervolting-test.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Source. Asus Strix undervolted and overclocked.

hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/44446-asus-rog-strix-radeon-vega-64-oc-edition-im-undervolting-test.html

AMD needs to tune their power delivery system.

The Vega 64 is at 1080 level maybe tiny bit higher. The marketing was horrible though, but thats just AMD as usual. Shit marketing department.

It's 40w more than a 1080Ti when undervolted. I could probably tune it more. I tend to run mine at 1030mV or less depending on what I want to run. We are talking about a GPU that is being pushed to the limit with no real driver optimizations (yet). When I run FM7 the GPU is hardly breaking a sweat and underutilzed. It will be VERY interesting once primitive shaders are enabled (Vanguard already have a working driver but they are keeping it close to their chest for now).

this is getting interesting

What the fuck.

Fine Wine Drivers?
Probably.

No, the drivers are yet to arrive.

just proved AMD shit at driver and need "Fine Wine" tech to work

This is Vulkan right? No surprise.

This is getting interesting.

>(Vanguard already have a working driver but they are keeping it close to their chest for now).
goddamn just show it already...

NDA.

Wut, the Vega shooter wasn't enough for ya?
Tsssssssss
Gahead, babe.

If vega can consistently start delivering this tier of performance i'm sold - I want a card capable of handling 4k with nearly all the bwells and whistles and i'd rather not buy an Nvidia card.

You should see what vega does to a 1080ti in forza.

keep in mind that this is just undervolting and overclocking on half finished drivers, other games should see some kind of fps improvement with proper drivers

DOOM, Forza 7, Dirt 4, Civ 6.
Any other games where Vega performs better than the competition?

True but that still brings with it the nature of silicon lottery (along with the reality of there being no good air cooled vegas without the likes of bolting on a raijintek morpheus). Given i'm rocking a 290x I can afford to wait longer for AMD to sort vega out.

If you listen to Sup Forums and places like OCN for some odd reason those games suddenly turned to shit and nobody plays them.

Is vega still pumping 1.2V all the time on stock or did they fix that already?

Don't tell me about it, I'm still on a HD 6670, I'd do some serious shit to get even a 290

Still the same although it's not actually 1.2v when you check in something like GPU-Z or HWInfo. It's about 30-50mV less. I've settled at 1120mV with a 3200 RPM fan profile since it is the point at which it is at it's highest default clock rate (1630Mhz) where it stays stable at 1570Mhz. I have HBM at 1050 and the voltage floor at 900mV. I could go lower but for the amount of time I actually spend putting the GPU under load the power savings are miniscule.

I hope AMD gives some news soon, I'm starving for information while they're NDA'ing the entire RTG department for some reason

Nah, 1.2V now only for DPM6 and DPM7.

>four games

pathetic

That's something for GPU that doesn't even work properly.