If android isn't shit... then why is google replacing it?

If android isn't shit... then why is google replacing it?

Are you actually retarded or just pretending?

Why would you start from the ground up when Android is already been in development for years?

>Why would you start from the ground up when Android is already been in development for years?
Ask google ... not me :^)

Gotcha, so you're retarded

you haven't used a single argument

There is no argument to make, the entire premise is retarded.

You could say the same thing about iOS being locked down garbage that doesn't let you do anything outside of what it was specifically designed to let you do. Why doesn't apple replace it with something decent?

The entire thread is a non-argument.

The difference is that google is actively working on another operating system designed for smartphones

The current state of Sup Forums. Nice

Because Android is much more focused on tablets and smartphones.
Fuchsia is aimed at being a universal OS, able to be used on anything from phones, to desktops, to embedded systems in your car or other specialized equipment.

Fuchsia isn't supposed to just up and replace android, and in fact Fuchsia and android share several things in common, especially regarding UI and other graphical design elements.

Also, Android is a monolithic kernel, whereas Fuchsia is using a real-time OS micro-kernal. They're totally different underlying OS approaches and are good for different things.

kek this thread

>They're totally different underlying OS approaches and are good for different things.
Yeah

Linux is good at being freetard shit with no stable driver abi and fuchsia is designed to be used on commercial products :^)

kek, this retard

They're replacing the Linux kernel wit Fuschia. The Android layer will stay.

Considering only one OS is currently shipping in commercial products I guess we know which that is.

Also, Fuchsia is open source just like the Linux kernel, not sure why you think it'll be vastly different for actual end products.

Fuchsia has no drivers.

They want full control.

You're a dumbass OP, android is getting replaced because carriers are fags and drop support whenever. Fuchsia will have more control over it from google like how apple gives out updates

Being open-source and being freetard shit are completely different things. With that said, linux is open-source and isn't freetard shit. The problem is usually on things that stay on top of it, including all the GNU-crap.

why do they want to change it to fuchisa in the first palce? what benefits does it have

Probably to get to decide the licensing. They can't get their tentacles around Linux because it's forced to be open for everybody.

Google is actively making the latest botnet OS, with awesome features like undeletable location tracking with extra packet interception. Oh its going to be great. Just dont be evil ;-)

do they actually benefit by having it closed source though? id never use it if it went closed source.

It's not closed source as was already mentioned in this thread.

Both Fuchsia and Android are open source.

so then why bother with changing the liscence? i doubt thats the primary reason.

Is Fuchsia under GPL?
If not, that's probably the reason why they want to replace Linux.

Again, as was already said in this thread, they're two completely different kernel types and are aimed at different things.

Monolithic kernel vs real-time OS micro-kernel.

Nobody gives a fuck about what you use.

both have the same results in the end.

>Fuchsia is aimed at being a universal OS, able to be used on anything from phones, to desktops, to embedded systems in your car or other specialized equipment.
isn't that basically what linux already is?

Says who?

You've never once used Fuchsia in your life.

ah yes, fuchsia, the only micro kernel

Yeah, just completely ignore the fact it's an RTOS.

Largely because Linux + a java mess is stuck in the past and Google has to move forward without it.

>Fuchsia is aimed at being a universal OS, able to be used on anything from phones, to desktops, to embedded systems in your car or other specialized equipment.
>they're two completely different kernel types and are aimed at different things
They can't be "aimed at different things" if they both go everywhere. That means they are aimed at the same things.
>Monolithic kernel vs real-time OS micro-kernel.
This has some very specific use cases where the difference is vital. But PCs and mobile devices have nothing to do with it. Only some flying drones or self-driving cars need it. Otherwise changing the kernel is just a meme. This is why people are right to be suspicious.

This fucking thread shows how many idiots read and post their false info here.

>android is shit
>android is only for tablet/phones
>new os will be focused on smartphones

Are you literally that stupid?
If you don't fucking know, don't pollute, if you aren't sure, place it as a question.
25 replies and only 2 got it?
>full control
>gpl

Only those 2 understand that alphabet wants the perks of oss, e.g. free support from idiots, and perks of bsd, e.g. place botnet and say noone.

I am fucking saying it in all fuckshiet/bsd/e.t.c. threads, bsd license on core components is bad.
Bsd offers nothing to the oss, it is a corporate friendly only license.

Googlshills are going to get wet with their new oss kernel, alphabet is going to be very happy with their new free labour working faggots and hmd is gonna unlock the bootloader...
Fuck off alphabet.

Which is why I specified that Fuchsia is meant for more than just desktops, phones, etc.

I even said
>embedded systems in your car
like idk, maybe self driving.

what languages will be used when developing apps(sorry for the trigger) for fuchsia?

>google moves to fuschia
>carriers move to fuschia
>carriers don't update fuschia either
>google moves to something new in ten years

And I said
>Otherwise changing the kernel is just a meme. This is why people are right to be suspicious.
Like idk, maybe they want more control. Why would you defend Google getting more control? Do you work for them?

By the way, there are also self-driving cars already out there. If they create a standard kernel for cars it might be a good thing, unless they hold all the strings.

Nah, linux is struggling on stuff like embedded, because its become bloated.
Even linus recommends QNX or shit like that for such scenarios.
Also suffers from a lot of modern requirments(like direct energy managg) being stuff that was bolted onto an aging server architecture from the 80's

Well currently licensing is:
>BSD 3 clause, MIT, Apache 2.0

seems fairly open to me

I feel like this fits the pattern with Google; even if they know they aren't going to succeed in a given area (see Google+, Hangouts, Chromium, etc) they will create an alternative to generate competition if only for the sake of competition

Go, HTML & javascript for web apps and java

>Fuchsia is aimed at being a universal OS, able to be used on anything from phones, to desktops
>Fuchsia is using a real-time OS micro-kernal
Something is fishy here. :^)

>hmd will unlock the bootloader
Please be true

They wont replace android. Just the kernel that android runs on. Magenta will replace it.

Fuchsia OS is just some demo OS to show off the magenta kernel.

>free support from idiots
>google still uses chatedral development modell everywhere
Well, some oss project may exploited/killed but still mostly a self sustaining ecosystem. GPL is snake oil with the huge irredeemable amount of security holes making linux a laughing stock. Android should fuck off.

You can't hotswap kernel in the android. Bionic uses linux syscalls and some droid crap too, but ms could emulate linux with few code monkey (project astoria), but i never seen any efforts to do that.

this

>using the smiley with the carat nose