Ios 11

fucking gross

It's pretty practical actually. Niggas are having the baby duck syndrome as usual.

You wouldn't say that if a man designed it

this is the more annoying change to me

Did a woman design it? I wasn’t aware until (You) told me just now.

>windows phone did the same thing
>its shit
>only Apple does good things

>c418

People actually praised WP for doing something new with the tiles, it's just that everything else sucked(though this is obviously a bit different)

gaussian blur under offwhite windows
looks good. if they did away with flat philosophy it would be even better.

Why didn't apple get rid of the power and volume buttons.

I'm sticking to iOS 10 for a while at the moment atleast

>tfw you really liked windows phone but it's dead as fuck now

Minimalist design philosophy is the best software change to ever happen to mobile computers and you're either dumb or retarded if you disagree. Maybe you've forgotten the shit we used to put up with because everyone got their act together.

Why is it that iOS gets more shit with every version?

And ios was the good one. Android was suffering in a whole different way.

>shit
>implying
tiles were shit on desktop, the win8 UI was amazing on touchscreen devices like smartphones

why the fuck is every UI designer obsessed with using icons instead of letters?

>C418
12 year old detected.

tl;dr

I hate it that the music player isn't showing the album art

>not wanting to be able to listen to Taytay in secret

>Why is it that iOS gets more shit with every version?
It's not just the iOS, every piece of tech is getting "Child Friendlier". Even most games developed today follow the same path.

"The computer industry is the only industry that is more fashion-driven than women's fashion." - Richard Stallman

Windows 8/10 "metro UI" suffered this first.
Google's "material design" looks like a children's art project made out of colorful illustration paper
Then most websites and //apps// followed this "modern/minimal" meme. Companies are targeting a different age group now, it's pretty obvious at this point.

It's become a fashion fad that changes few times a year like "celeb" hairstyles or clothing.
The real fact here is that it's just piling up that Mt. E-waste that no one ever even wants to recycle (maybe a few people do but the cost is greater than the revenue and it's easier to produce new disposable technology than to clean up all that mess).

The bigger picture here is it's gonna take a toll into the environment.
No, don't give me that hippie "mother earth green movement" 'whitewash' meme.
Be ready. No wonder trillionaire groups already decided to move back into the big pharma and biotech.

>who's to blame here?
Well. Steve Jobs? Somebody else would do it anyway (touch meme).

>got any more message?
Hmm. Free energy is just as dangerous as free power.

A woman designed it? No wonder.

why do you think everything is shit now? youtube, google, phones, etc. jews are laughing at us. they put niggers and women in charge and now they're rolling out the changes.

It sucks.

So you don't have to read

This. WTF were they thinking

>android
That's touchwiz which is a custom skin dumbass

One picture tells more than thousands words, faggot. An icon is instantly recognisable and intuitive.

why the fuck would they do that? reading a word takes tenfold the time than looking at an icon. an icon represents a thing, simplified, so its meaning is immediately apparent.

even worse are these acronyms and shortenings, jesus christ you have to have deep knowledge of intricate systems at play in the whatever-you're-using to even grasp the controls of it.

So, upgrading from an iphone 6, is the iphone 8 worth the extra money over the 7?

Steve Jobs' corpse has been spinning non-stop for years at this point

concise, clear-cut and easy on the eyes, i like it

or would you prefer this? do you even own an iphone? what are you complaining about

both look fucking terrible. this one is cluttered and the one in op looks like it broke apart with the horizontal tiles breaking everything

>being homophobic

>Believing a sourceless post
Sasuga. Did you know Steve Jobs is actually still alive?

Is your 6 that badly crippled that you're upgrading? It's hardly an upgrade at this point, whether it's 6s, 7, or 8. If you value camera performance, thats pretty much all you're getting when you upgrade.

better than stock android's

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, c418 has several great albums apart from the minecraft soundtrack.

>saging this shitty thread

how is that so ugly

Nice B8
Are you implying that a walking breeding vessel would express a human talent such as design?

I'm getting some early-2000s-flash-animation vibes from this, weirdly enough

with every update coming out, they make it more gay

>cellular
>Bluetooth
>WiFi
>all on
pic related

Jesus

I personally prefer this

this Control Center was awful

i like it a lot actually. much snappier

>cellular
for phone service
>WiFi
for internet service
>bluetooth
for my headphones and watch

?????????????

op here I don’t use anything bluetooth but seriously what the hell
Why would I want to turn cellular or wifi off? Smartphones are supposed to be able to browse the internet at home and on the go.

Is it worth upgrading to 11 if I have an SE?

>Why would I want to turn cellular or wifi off?
I turn WiFi off when there's no free WiFi. Don't burn battery looking.
I turn Cellular off when I'm low on credit and can't be certain the free WiFi is going to reach beyond the food court.
It is fun to scan BlueTooth to see what ID people have on their phones, especially when it's obvious they didn't do the setup themselves.

It actually freed up space on my 6S. Seeing as you are pretty much a small 6S without 3D touch and a shitty selfie camera, I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with 11.0.2. It does take a day to get used to, though.

as long as it works for you guys, I guess
battery life is my main priority so I only turn any of them on when I need them

This looks A LOT better than what we currently have.
It's also way more usable.

Yeah that's my biggest annoyance. I liked the previous one because it's cool seeing that enlarged album cover.

No way, touchwiz still looks ok.

You retarded. Android Notification center is godlike. When you can toggle everything in a tap of your finger and see your notifications at the same time.

This is a superior design in every way. It actually has a hierarchy and looks like it was designed.

>looks like it was designed.
yeah, poorly

because retards and kids

autism detected

It's actually really nice.

The only improvement I wanted was the ability to disable cell phone signal from Control Center while the phone was locked, so a thief wouldn't be able to disable Find My Phone without unlocking it, but I could still mess with the flashlight, DND, Night Mode, etc without needing to unlock the phone.

I couldn't care less how it looked, only that it would do that. And it doesn't. You literally can't remove the upper left square.

Holy fuck, you apple cucks are actually using that on your phone??
It looks like a PSD shape pack or a shitty custom widget....

That looks like a bad joke, holy fuck how did they make it so shit compared to iPhone 5-era iOS?

They'll change it again in a year so it's no big deal. Just stay on iOS 10 or whatever.

That's nice... scrub bar moved down, clock and date actually show, more centralized.. Doesn't really blend into the background as well as it could and the bigger artwork is a miss.

One thing I never understood about Android phones on stock and such

Why is a separate app drawer considered better? I've been setting up my phone in a way that I have access to all applications from the homescreen. iOS does that. On Android it's a more manual thing. I just don't understand, do people love their wallpapers and big clocks that much?

State-of-the-art UX and UI design right here

>12 year olds knowing who C418 is
Fuck off

minecraft was like 7-8 years ago user. Also, fuck you. his earlier ambient stuff (including MCVA) is great.

>the good: surprised me to see the green Cellular icon showing up now (you had to turn it off on Settings)
>the bad: Airdrop is back as a feature that you can't exactly turn off completely (this is now in settings as "stand by just in case, but don't accept any Airdrops")
took me 10 minutes to get used to what they did with the damn features

What's the last good iOS? 8?

>tiny fiddly controls for music that I use every day
>non-removable buttons for gyrolock, night shift and screen sync that I use once in a blue moon
H1B was a mistake.

iOS 6

it was most likely designed by committee
and yes i also think it's ugly but maybe it's because i just haven't gotten used to it

>sliders are smaller
>music controls are smaller
>buttons are no longer on a grid
>pulling up this menu hides date/time/battery
>1/3 of screen real estate is COMPLETELY EMPTY
delet this

>slider is larger, allowing precise control
>buttons are arranged on a grid
>date/time still visible
>notifications still visible
>screen real estate used 100%
better

with the hidden menu, this design made the most sense

ideally, you'd have a grid of buttons with two horizontal sliders for volume/brightness, plus date/time/battery info still displayed in the top bar

but that's just my two cents

I like the screen recording and the Files app but everything else is garbage. This is the first time that I've ever regretted updating iOS.

Why would I want a dedicated digital volume slider if I have two buttons to control it already?

Fucking Split View needs two hands to use now. It’s retarded.

Only way around it is to put the apps in the dock, which has a size limit and looks unwieldy when full.