Buy new phone

>buy new phone
>get home and see this

Do those usb fucks ~really think we needed ANOTHER new type of cable??

it has been around for at least 2 years

USB C cables aren't expensive. Quit whining OP. Not having to check orientation late at night when it's dark is great.

it is actually an direct upgrade from micro usb

Return it, Tyrone

Android phones had been using the old usb cables basically since they came out, relax sweety

Yeah, but it would be nice if they didn't release a new type every 5 seconds.

Maybe everyone should just accept apple's lightning connector, they seem to know what they're doing.

On top of what was already mentioned, every dipshit on the planet thought micro USB was so Universal that they were literally charging everything with any micro USB cable and any headpiece.. Causing devices to either burnout or permanently kill the battery..tho the typical tech consumer is an absolute fucking retard. Just because certain devices need different charging cables it isn't a bad thing

Yes pajeet, that's how progress work. Micro usb was a terrible standard that was long due a complete overhaul.

>every 5 seconds
>6 years after micro

when was the last time they made physical changes?

That's USB type C and it's basically going to be the future of cables. It's a pain in the ass now but imagine a future where you can charge your laptop and phone with the same cable because of USB-C. You can't do that now with a normal micro USB cable. It also delivers charging and data transfers faster than any other generation before it.

You'll look back on this post in the future and feel like an idiot for ever complaining about the cable.

It's magical fuck off

They use USB-C as well for their laptops.

This doesn't happen

I can charge my phone with a Dell laptop charger now

I've never had any issues charging a phone using my Shield tablets 10W power brick. Only issue I've ever had swapping between different wattage wall warts and USB cables is sometimes they can't supply *enough* amps and it trickles power.

>see girthy fingers

>durable
>can plug it in from both orientations
>fast
>cheap
OP is an applefag. USB C is based

This
Just how fucking fat is op?
I'm very obese and my hands aren't as fat

>actually complaining about usb-c
jesus christ what a retard. use that port for a month and then try going back to microusb and see how shitty it is

>those hands
>obese

Retard alert

I'm actually pretty clever haha

It's superior to micro USB in every way. It's even more sturdy, so you'll replace them less.

Care to explain why?

I have a usb c on my switch. Its a superior cable to micro usb in every aspect. Anker has good cables

is saw people wasting 1 minute or more trying to connect a mini/micro usb, with those at least you reduce one failing vector, now they have to totally remove the female and male meme and we wont even bother with the proper direction the cable

>1 minute or more trying to connect a mini/micro usb
How is this even possible? Worst case scenario you need to flip it around, how can that take longer than even 10s?

Why bother when wireless is coming? USB-C is like Blu Ray or HD DVD right now. It's clearly superior to DVD in every way, except it's expensive because it's new. Give it a few years and everyone will have a player.

And any successor disc formats will be memes because the real future for the movie industry is digital streaming via Netflix/Hulu, or home streaming through Plex/Kodi.

Same thing with cables. USB-C is a stopgap, the real endgame is wireless.

na wireless is insecure and your data can get spoofed all the time, the transfer rates are lower and increasing frequencies will just toast your brain.

My fucking original Motorola Droid had usb micro. The connector has issues and really needed to be replaced. USB C is a great upgrade and we'll probably be using it for 10+ years.

Say, i'm literally blind

And drunk

Need to charge my phone (micro usb) late at night, it's pitch black, somehow manage to find the cable but OUCH! Just slammed my toe against the bed, whatever, I rest a finger on the cable it's straight, turn the fucker, I feel some bumper, are the metal bits that fasten the cable, I recognize that it is the correct orientation and plug the cable

>Do those usb fucks ~really think we needed ANOTHER new type of cable??
Yes. USB-C is the new standard and is far superior to all other types.
All others will be phased out eventually.

This is actually better than Apple going from the 30 pin to Lightning because Lightning is just a reversible USB2.0 (3.0 on iPad Pro) cable. USB-C is reversible too but you can pass a lot more through it like; video, analog audio, networking and more.

Basically, eat shit you dumb nigger.

>wireless is insecure
wrong. Protocol != media

>your data can get spoofed all the time
wrong. Protocol != media

>the transfer rates are lower
The transfer rates are bottlenecked by your phone's shitty flash storage. Wireless transfer rates have been in the gigabits for years now

>increasing frequencies will just toast your brain
That's not how nonionizing radiation or highly regulated industry standards work, but ok.

>except it's expensive because it's new
Dude, I can pick up USB-C cables for $1 down the road.
It's not expensive.

Does USB-C have wireless interference as 3.0 does?

>he's never seen a triple-, quadruple-, or quintuple-flip
get out the basement

Wireless can't carry fast charge power and only has 40-60% efficiency. Anything better than what we have now will require more weight and volume in the phone because of physics. Investigate how transformers work; that's exactly what a wireless charger is.

I'm sorry user, I don't know any blind or handicapped people. I haven't even seen my elderly grandparents have trouble plugging in an USB connector.

USB-C is a major upgrade in both the standard and the fact that it's bidirectional. Those tips are meant to encourage adoption until even the chinks have to move on to the superior standard.

It's unreliable, the hooks that hold the cable to the interior are easily worn or otherwised deformed to the point that they're rendered entirely useless. The ports and connectors likewise are easily deformed which causes poor contact. By fitting them out the way they did USB C is much more robust and resilient to damage and wear, it also allows other features that weren't previously possible with micro USB.

I'd have to check on that but I think it might when purely in 3.0 modes.

If you're using Thunderbolt over USB-C then probably not.

I'm not arguing that wireless is going to be able to meet 100% compatibility with wired, you dunce. I'm saying that it will get to the point where the trade-offs with wireless get reduced to the point that the benefits of wireless will outweigh them, and then the market will shift. And cables will stay behind for the 5% of the market that needs the additional resilience of wired.

I wouldn't want us to move our production servers to wireless either, but I don't give two shits if the users want to use it on their laptops, because the negatives are outweighed by the positives for their use case.

>>wireless is insecure
>wrong. Protocol != media
makes no sense what you typed there, are you implying that you can send that in a secure way without using protocols? lel

>the transfer rates are lower
the transfer rates are very very very fucking slow (corrected)

>Maybe everyone should accept this proprietary DRM'd shit connector
>From this company who makes you buy a dongle to use it with your laptop from the same company
>Oh and forget about Thunderbolt 3 or anything, who needs that

No, I'm saying that by your logic, an insecure protocol means the entire media is insecure. You said wireless is insecure. That's like saying CAT6 is insecure.

I just hope you don't use memory in your computers because Heartbleed happened one time.

Wait are you talking power or data? Most physical connections are for power, data is already almost all wireless in consumer electronics. Power is the problem and wireless just won't be able to replace wires for a long time.

USB C should have been genderless.