LAPTOP/DURATION OF OWNERSHIP SURVEY

If you own multiple laptops only list the main one you use.

I'll start
1. Dell Vostro 3300, the handsome motherfucker in the picture
2. 5 years (bought July 2012), still works fine, runs Ubuntu nicely, battery died a couple of years ago though. I won't replace it until it totally craps out, and I have a secondary laptop I use sometimes anyway

I have a dead Vostro 3300 lying around. Best laptop I've ever used, hands down. Got mine around early 2011, lasted until 2016. Used it for achool, so it was in my backpack constantly getting abused and exposed to the elements. Loved it to death.

Shit I thought it was just me. Good to know others have discovered this little gem.
What do you use now?

A Lenovo T510, bought it on eBay like 6 years ago. I'm thinking of getting a new one, probably from system 76

late 2014 MacBook Air

got it early 2015, used it for the last two years. Haven't had problems, really. Can't game on it, but that's not a priority.
just werks with my iphone and i like macos a lot desu

Thinkpad Edge, almost 6 years with it. I didn't buy it because of Sup Forums though (it's not even a "correct" one from IBM), it was in my price range with better specs compared to other laptops in the store.

Battery almost died, lasts for 20 minutes. I use it daily, still works great, I just added 2 GBs of RAM more (which are needed today even with XFCE).

A T420, even though I own a T430.

Asus Zenbook UX305CA

I see zero reason to upgrade in the foreseeable future. If it runs too slow for my needs I'll just switch to Ubuntu and work for some more time.

I may replace it with another fanless ultrabook if there are more models with discrete GPU (so far only those new Acer 2-in-1s have them) but I'm not that much into vidya.

Lenovo ideapad y700, O bought it 1 year ago, although it has great specs for its price and it doesn't throttle that much, I feel like the build quality and weight is making me regret that purchase. I hope it lasts me a while because I don't have money to pay for a new one but after this one I will never buy a gaming PC ever again.

T420. Bought it for $100 on ebay. Came with an i3, 2x1GB sticks of ddr3, 900p screen, and 9 cell battery. $200 later and I upgraded to
>i7-2620m
>2x4GB DDR3
>Dual 9-cell batteries
>120GB Crucial SSD primary and 320GB WD Black in the ultrabay
>New keyboard

Still works flawlessly, running Windows 7. But the backlight bleed of the LCD panel is making me want to buy something else soon. I also own a Chromebook with 1080p screen that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL compared to my shitty one in my Thinkpad. So I've probably been spoiled.

Waiting on the Thinkpad A475 before jumping on anything else.

Acer R5 471t, ultrabook, had it a little over a year after trading it out for my asus G53Sw. Was a great trade, the g53 was cinderblock. The funny thing is that the screen is way better and the HD 520 is good enough for most things that In still able to play everything I used to on the g53 with decent frame rates.

Only beef is the screen is too dim, but w/e

Eee PC 1000 netbook. It's almost ten years old, but still usable. I don't need a huge amount of processing power when I'm not at home, this thing can of course do basic things like web browsing and email. It can also play HD video (1280x720). The battery lasts for over an hour if I don't do anything that requires a lot of CPU intensive.

Damn, at that point I'd say it's just not worth it, I see far more powerful laptops given away for like $40 on my Craigslist.

There may be, but how many of them are netbook form factor? It works better than you'd imagine.

>Acer Aspire One AO75
>CPU: Intel Celeron 877 (2) @ 1.400GHz
>GPU: Intel Integrated Graphics
>Memory: 602MiB / 1774MiB (with Pale Moon open, running Debian base with Openbox)
Bought from Best Buy for ~$200 in 2012
Few dead keys after years of PvP mashing, but otherwise in pristine working order.
Is what it is, good enough for what I use it for.

Mid 2012 Macbook pro with quad core i7 and nvidia GT 650M
My dad got it from work around the time it came out, As with all his work stuff that companies don't seem to want back, he gives it to me. I got it maybe a bit less than a year ago. Some keycaps are a little damaged from when he used it, and the battery might be failing, but other than that it does what I need it to do, and the specs are more than enough for my purposes

7 year old vaio, acts as a desktop and its always closed below my monitor

>Acer Aspire, 11.6'' with some weak 1.0ghz amd apu
>Jan 2015

I bought it because I needed something cheap, light, and asap for work at the time. Since it's not my main pc, its condition is pretty good.

An HP Envy 17 Touchscreen.
Father bought it around 2014 I guess. Then got a new Laptop from work and then I got this.
This is an overheating piece of machinery that I love.
i7-4702MQ
8GB Ram
Gt 750m 4 GB DDR3 one.

You should consider a Chromebook. Can usually get OK models for sub $200. If you don't care about weak hardware, Chromebooks are the way to be.

Try the 2 in 11. 6" baytrail or cherrytrail tablets. They're basically modern netbooks and you can find the no name ones used for like $40 to $60. They're miles better than 1st or 2nd gen atoms and can drive a 1080p panel with no issue.

got a macbook pro 13" mid 2012, i5 model with the shittiest config. Upgraded ram to 16gbs and removed dvd drive, left the standard 500gb HDD and got a 500gb SSD as the main drive.

Great machine, got it on January of 2013 with discounts and what not and it was no more than 500 dollaroos.

Right now I'm going back and forth between that and a couple of x220 that run Arch (got those almost two years ago)

>Celeron 877

Damn son that's commitment to non upgrading. I'm pretty sure my Athlon XP 1800+ from high school stomps that

It was the last thing I could afford before my life spiraled completely down the drain, from which I have yet to reemerge. I actually had two of em, but I traded one for half a gram of coke.

HP Elitebook 2540p, picked up from e-waste at work, deemed dead by IT professionals, cleaned off orange juice, spare ram, ssd, boots up does Dr Frankenstein it's alive impression, wife was concerned cat fled from scene, what was I doing? It has replaced my clevo p370em which died peacefully of system board failure

X230T
Since 2012 release date to present
using 2 original 6 cell batteries for ~6hours

It's been through a lot but still all original parts
While better than TN the IPS panel is shit and has light ghosting