Is screen warming software like night shift/flux a meme or does it actually provide any tangible benefit?

Is screen warming software like night shift/flux a meme or does it actually provide any tangible benefit?

Other urls found in this thread:

justgetflux.com/research.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It works

I know blue light (standard light from screens) has been proven to be harmful, but I don't know if night shift has been proven to be helpful either.

Why don't you install it and try it for yourself, and then FORM YOUR OWN OPINION instead of being an indecisive beta who needs to be told what to do by the anonymous denizens of a Tibetan yak butter churning bbs?

Nice trips tho.

do you not know how to google?

justgetflux.com/research.html

It just makes my eyes hurt, not very aiding in sleep

>t. Sup Forums autist that hates actual discussion and would rather screech INTEL BTFO LITERALLY ON SUICIDE WATCH SHILL SHILL SHILL BOTNET BOTNET

...what?

You know exactly what I'm talking about.

For me it does. It may not work for everyone.

I love flux. I work at a helpdesk and start at 7AM and right now it's dark during that time. When I show up my screen is comfy and cozy in a dark room and helps my eyes adjust to 'day' use. Don't take my opinion for it, though, try it out yourself.

>does it actually provide any tangible benefit?
If you have the brain of a retard.
They've done repeated studies showing that people who can handle artificial light without adverse sleep effects are routinely more intelligent.
If you use these things you're literally a brainlet.

nice sources bro

Exactly. It's good to have a comfy screen, especially when it's really late or really early.

So, people should pretend that blue artificial light doesn't bother them to fit into some study? Your logic is skewed. If I'm a brainlet, I am a brainlet. Not using flux won't help me.

It's not rocket science. It's based on easy-to-understand biology. The easiest concept to wrap your head around is that too much light (and that's all light in all colors) at the wrong times will mess with your sleep. I can't imagine anyone would disagree with this. The next leap is that there's a difference between sunlight at sunset (and also at sunrise, technically) and sunlight in the middle of the day, and that these two differences impact sleep/mood/etc. You might need to see actual research, but it's not the biggest stretch to imagine that evolution has made living beings good at adapting to the sun.

IMO, a big thing that many of these programs don't emphasize is the importance of brightness. You should seriously consider lowering the brightness along with lowering the color temperature (that is, making it "warmer" or more red). Doing both will not only help your eyes but probably improve your sleep quality (assuming your surrounding lights aren't brighter than your phone/computer and of higher color temp).

>hey bro
>i pissed all over you phone
>here's it back bro
>thanks for letting me borrow it

S8+ here
I use a small 40 to 50%
It makes things look more realistic in color and nicer than it turned off

for me it doesn't make a difference as far as sleep goes but yeah it's pretty obviously better for your eyes anyway

my house's paint and furnishings are based on looking nice with "warm" lighting
i feel very comfortable with displays set to be "warm" as well
my workplace also does not use fluorescent lighting

"cool" and "natural" blue whites are not colors i am used to being surrounded with, so they cause discomfort when staring at them for long periods
the idea that these change depending on the time of day is not relevant to me, i like them on at a fixed setting with a yellowish reddish bias

>I feel very comfortable with displays set to be "warm"
>I like them on at a fixed setting with a yellowish reddish bias
Never tried this, but I might at some point. As someone who works with computers all day, it might be good for my eyes

for me it just makes the screen quality worse. if if I want to save my eyes I just tone down the brightness

Yes
The dress is gold. Only 250+IQ kids know that.

Pretty true. Sadly it's a common trend in the tech scene for tech niggers to just screech RTFM RTFM, "lemme google that for you", or "you don't know..." Type bullshit. It's sad they'll never understand the nuance of conversations

You guys are good people. I mean don't get me wrong, I love calling out botnet shit as much as the next Sup Forums poster, especially jewgle's, but at some point, a nuanced, calm conversation needs to happen about various topics. People are so quick to have a 'kneejerk' reaction, and then just stick with that and have that be the end of it, without examining the issue from multiple sides. I also agree about the 'RTFM' attitude. Not only is it often unhelpful, it removes an opportunity for communication. Often very retarded, autistic communication, but communication nonetheless.

This.