Who is ready for the Sony takeover?

53 hour battery endurance, IP 68 certification, 4.6 inch screen, wireless and wired audio processing, 3D scanning, underclocked flagship Snapdragon 865 processor, 4GB RAM, 960fps slow mo camera, best video recording, pink, blue, black, and silver colors.

gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z1-review-987p3.php

Faster app loading than a Note 8:youtu.be/eeM5KZEZIYo

Whose body is ready?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/how-to/xzp-camera-distortion-sadly-xz1-compact-t3680275
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1_compact-8610.php
youtu.be/vKnX_2FTuQM
phonearena.com/news/Sonys-next-generation-phones-will-have-an-entirely-new-design-company-executive-confirms_id98403
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ordering the xz1 compact in November probably

Can't wait to ditch this fucking 6p

>no radio
Trash phone.

>2013
You shitting me?

still giant bezel, no wireless charging, sharp corners, no amoled, no ois, terrible camera software, etc. Im quite a sony fanboy but i would never buy their phones for myself. maybe for a family member.

>maybe for a family member
Do you hate your family?

I had Xperia X compact. Loved it but I moved to s8+.

Definitely my favorite small phone. Best iPhone SE replacement. Battery lasts two days minimum. Comfy to hold, but the corners could use a tiny rounding.

BEZEL
E
Z
E
L

Feels bad man, only LG and Samsung still include them in their flashships now it seems.

>they actually fell for the bezelless marketing meme
Is having is proper rectangular screen a bad thing now? I wouldn't want that shit on my desktop or laptop, why a phone?

It's a fantastic phone, but an AMOLED screen, wireless charging, smaller bezels and more ram would be nice

>$600.00

no thank you

i am enjoying my xperia X however

Giant bezel is functional housing front firing stereo speakers. Meme charging is memerific. Better than smooth rounded turds that slip from your grip. No screen burn in with quantum dot screen. EIS is good enough for the PixelXL. You got me on that one. Maybe a camera app that captures raw photos could help.

It's one of the best phones on the market.

Not gonna get it since it won't be coming to Republic wireless

Not him but OLED has gotten better in terms of burn in, unless its a store display you won't see any burn in for years except maybe on status bar and soft buttons, but software can help pervent that

>53h battery endurance
Top kek
That is so fucking bad

I have a xz premium, hands down best phone I've owned. Battery line is excellent, nice screen and very snappy. Camera is great, specifically the 960fps mode. Had a lot of fun filming things in super slowmo. Also helped me identify monitor flicker so my eyes don't hurt.

Moto too.

>no bezels is a (((feature))) now

I want Reddit to go

There is no reasons bezels are better. Sony is also starting to make bezelless phones after the xz1

I'm not even sure why they bothered to remove FM Radio when previous phones have it

It's 108 hours according to GSM Arena's "proprietary tests", but I'm not sure how accurate is that

>
>I'm not even sure why they bothered to remove FM Radio when previous phones have it
> (You)
>It's 108 hours according to GSM Arena's "proprietary tests", but I'm not sure how accurate is that
Xz1 is 82 hours, which is pretty average

That's not the compact The compact version has a MUCH better battery life.

I don't even understand anymore what phone op is talking about. Photo is x compact, link is z1 from 2013 and he's talking about some sd865 phone that'll probably exist in 3 years

If you're talking about the compacts, then the xz1c will have very good battery life even with only 2600mah battery. X compact was pretty bad for some reason

>no amoled

Sony make their own displays you faggot, it's called bravia, it's the only display in market that competes with Samsung.

But Bravia is just software that makes the colors more vibrant

Pixel 2 xl is bezelless and has dual front speakers

All phones have it, only certain models have it enabled in firmware. There are some hacks that allow you to enable radio on some phones.

>no CDMA model

Someone please free me from this purgatory

This nigga gets it. OmniBalance is the pinnacle of phone design. Tasteless plebs need not apply.

>Pixel 2 xl is

A much bigger phone and so apples to oranges comparison is meaningless.

I was contemplating getting this (provided it comes to Softbank) but was reading about possible camera distortion issues

forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/how-to/xzp-camera-distortion-sadly-xz1-compact-t3680275

If this is more reported then maybe pass.

>less than 5,5 inch screen
>>>

I have the xz premium which also has the issue, but i haven't found it noticeable in the real world. Unless you love taking pictures of keyboards and brick walls, it's probably fine. If necessary, you can run it through a geometry fix for particularly special photos or something.

there's nothing about this phone that is unique or different from other phones 4 years ago, sage and hiding another phonefag thread

>no bezels is a feature
man this make me cringe

2700mAh actually, although I wish they increased it to 2800 this year.

>X compact had bad battery life
Probably due to the 28nm sd650 which was built on the same process as the sd800 from 2013/4 and was a hex core big.LITTLE so basically a dual core at full whack when doing anything mildly intensive.
Would have been better if not for that.

>4.6 inch screen

>Sony niggers killed Sup Forums
>Sony niggers killed /p/
>Now Sony niggers will kill Sup Forums

Sony Shills are the worst

Looks good. Is the SE not good anymore? did applel kill it with updates yet?

I always want Sony compact phones on some level but they always miss a bunch of things that prevents me from pulling the trigger.

It's been years. Are their camera algorithms not shit yet? Why are the bezels still big? Why does it not include wireless charging? Why does the camera not have OIS?

I like the idea of a compact phone. It's a shame Sony can never completely realise the concept.

>720p display

No thanks.

>make a nice phone
>ruin it with bloat that makes using the phone an ordeal
Why?

>53 hours endurance

I'm not even bothering with phones that aren't at least triple that now.

>He took the bait

I have a Xperia X performance, such a great phone, desu.

Is this the $500+ phone with a plastic body and 720p display? I'm good, thanks

wow its actually pretty good
bezels are useful, cucks

Found the lanklet/compensating manlet

I'm still using my 2014 Z2, and would keep using it for a couple more years
It just werks

Not an argument.

>Bezels are a feature

How much are they?

The only real problem here is shit camera firmware. I have z5

This desu

Same here.
They kept it updated for quite a while, the camera is top notch, the screen is bretty gud, the performance is more than I will ever need in a phone.

It wasn't shit on the Z2, but they fucked up with Z3 onwards.
I have compared the camera software of Z2, Z3 and Z4 side by side, and the Z2 has the only always-smooth cam and recording.

Still looks like shit

OLED when?

Did Sony fix the issues with frame stiffness? The previous phones flex way to easy and caused leaks on the waterproof models.

iHeartRadio

I've got an xz premium, it's alright, pretty comfy

What's wrong with a plastic body? Is it just the fact that's not "muh premium materials"? Ceramic cracks, glass shatters, aluminum bends, plastic is boss
I still wonder why they don't make carbon fiber phones though

Probably because its a bit too expensive for a plastic phone. I prefer (matte) plastic backs too and I'll wait until the xz1 compact gets a bit cheaper. Right now its too expensive for what you get IMO.

>4.6 inches
Who gives a shit, 5 inches is the sweet spot

That's not what she said

Makes me wonder if it's a problem with the plastic lense, or the post image processing in Sonys software trying to artificially soften sharp lines and "improve" photo quality.

I use a real camera for important photos anyways.

The GSMarena link says 5" though

>tfw poorfag
>tfw can only afford a xiaomeme
>tfw wish had a sony

I upgraded from HTC one m8 to xz premium.

Can't believe how much of a difference 4k screen makes.

Phone is incredibly well built, great hardware.

Software feels very similar to stock Android, with a few smart machine learning additions from Sony.

My only worry at this point is that not enough people buy Sony phones and they stop making such good phones in the future.

One negative - either I'm more careless, or this glass scratches slightly easier than my HTC.

It's a fiberglass impregnated plastic meaning stronger than straight up plastic, less prone to shattering like a ceramic, and much, MUCH stronger than ultra thin aluminum used on most phones. The XZ1 C is also slightly thicker than the bigger cousin.

Still better than the iPhone X

OP is a dumbass and linked the Z1 from 2013. The new phone is the XZ1 compact:
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1_compact-8610.php

For what purpose do they disable it in firmware.
Maybe don't include the app for that if too you think nobody wants it, but don't just remove it for no reason.

The KeyOne also has a radio so add blackberry to the list.

>Can't believe how much of a difference 4k screen makes.
I recently switched from 720 to 1080 and honestly don't feel any difference. It obviously makes a difference on big screens but for info ones it's meaningless past 720.
Enough with the shilling.

im happy with my 130 quids chinkphone that lasts 4 days on average. its been a while since i was 12 y/o jerking off to specs and features ill probably use once or twice and then forget about them. but hey, its your money. though the part about takeover is abit retarded. not like this phone is gona end all the other companies...

How can you not seen the difference?
On my S8 I can see the difference between 1080 and 1440. It's normal massive difference, but it's there. 720 looks terrible in comparison.

>no amoled
lol what? amoled screens may be efficient but they terribly burn after 2 months of usage.
I'd rather have that pre-calibrated bravia screen
>wireless charging
you mean unusable phone while charging? and low efficiency charging?
>giant bezel
what is landscape gaming? bezels are good especially if you play those tapping games (I don't)

Do they ship with Oreo?(it includes treble hardware then)
Do they use Vanilla AOSP? (doesnt matter since id have ability to flash anything)
Can you unlock the Bootloader? (TWRP)

is the battery removable and sdcard expandable?

would look to be a pretty suitable mini device to pocket.(not everyone wants a phablet)

> (You)
>How can you not seen the difference?
Simple, I'm not a shill and I have no buyer's remorse.

any video samples of this 960fps mode? That shit sounds insane! What's the res?

resolutionfags are the audiophiles of the smartphone world, sadly. I have an xperia XA with 720p screen and it looks as good if not better than many mid-range 1080p screen phones out there, even with the bravia engine and super vivid mode turned off.

apple still sells the 4.7inch phones with sub-1080p resolution and nobody complains about the screen. well maybe because they are "sheeple" but still, people don't notice anything in practice until you tell them the numbers. then they would go "oh, well yeah there is a difference." pretending to see shit they never seen before.

>AMOLED
>Burn
Is this 2011?

I've had an S6 for over 2 years now and there's zero burn in.

youtu.be/vKnX_2FTuQM

>tfw if you want a phone with an interesting color its either Sony or random Sharp phones
>Sony either overheats/no battery life/ridiculously expensive
>Sharp doesn't sell their shit in the west and unlocking used phones is a crapshoot

JUST

>those giant bezels
u could get 5.5 screen in same body, also those specs? nothing special.

>but they terribly burn after 2 months of usage.
What year are you living in?

this is like 2017 mi4c except it cost 600$ instead of 100$ and doesnt have fullhd screen.
>AMAZING VALUE.

What's new app is appallingly intrusive. Worst thing about Sony phones

Who's fuckin' ready for the MWC 2018?

phonearena.com/news/Sonys-next-generation-phones-will-have-an-entirely-new-design-company-executive-confirms_id98403

>What's new app is appallingly intrusive

I have to agree, and you can't really disable it. at least you can go into options and disable as much shit as you can. It's not bothering me anymore.

You have to root it to disable it which havent tried yet. My issue is it uses a lot of data and processing

>4.6 inch screen
I'm officially ROCK hard
fuck anything with a >5 inch screen

Is this really the only decent competitor to the iPhone SE?

>muh xperia
Apple is much better, just trust me.

(You)

>not liking small phones
They got Xperia XZ premium for you, 5.5 with 4k.

Yes iirc.
Almost vanilla, everything built for AOSP works basically.
Yes, with official tutorial, just remember to copy the DRM key before you wipe the bootloader.

well first disable stuff from the app's settings menu, then go to android settings and revoke any permissions that are given to the app, including using background data. i think from marshmallow -or maybe even lollipop- and upwards should let you edit permissions manually.