C++

How do I learn C++ if I already know Java and C?

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list

Pic book is great ... if you know C++11

>learn C++ if I already know Java and C

I'm in the same situation. I think many CS/CE students are in the same situation. They learn Java first and then they have computer architecture or operating systems course where they learn C.

The problem is that most of the industry has already transitioned to C++. Even embedded 8-bit MCUs can be targeted by C++.

Same here. I'm too lazy to read Stroustrup's 1200 pager. Do you know if "learning C++ with Rajesh" is any good?

>pages are stuck together
>brown streaks on the corners
>everything smells like poo

B.. but... I hour per day! Ain't that a good deal? Stroustrup's book is longer than the bible.

Probably the same way you learn everything else - by getting appropriate resources and not procrastinating.

So it's actually beneficial to just go straight into C++?

I feel pity for modern students. We were taught C in the first semester, C++ in the second semester, and only the next year the languages department switched from C++ to Java.
So for us it was easy.
Now what are they teaching, Javascript?

>live in croatia
>first two semestars C, VHDL
>second two semestars C++
>third two semestars C#, Z80 assembly
>fourth two semestars webdev (html,css,js,php), mobiledev (android-java)
>fifth two semestars fapping

learn it the same way you learn any other language, you already know two, it should be easy.

The community here is dead.
>"How do I learn something, Sup Forums"
>"I've already learned something else"
My fucking god this site is such shit.

If you already know c study the basic differences in c++ ( you can get everything in the first 3 chapters of Stroustrups book ) once that's done learn the boost library and c++17

Java for entire core ( not including webdev,asm,bash powershell) if you want you can take c classes otherwise all java. This should explain all the java shills you see on here.

They still teach C on FER? Didn't they switch to Python?

>= C++11 is a fucking mess

Sure thing grandpa

C++ these days looks like a little girl trying to look like a grown sofisticated woman (other languages) and its ending looking like a ridiculous clown slut shit like std::future , std::move , their lamda way is a bunch of crap even ECMAScript 6 looks like compared to that C++ bullshit.

I only knew C but I still found it very interesting and helpful

How do I learn C++ if I can hit a keyboard with my Phalanxes?
Or What do you, random user reading this, Recommend as "babby's first programming language" or "the one that's easy to learn but also actually useful

I have the C++ by Malik, I was thinking of reading the book, then doing all of the programming exercises at the end of the chapters, then moving on to just creating my own projects. How many hours a day should I spend doing this if I want to become mildly proficient by February?