C vs C++ what's best?

C vs C++ what's best?

Java

C++.

Depends on the application you're designing your program around.

Enjoy your shitty syntax and insecure plugin

>straightforward things
C
>cathedrals you'll get frustrated with and abandon
C++

C is good, don't let the fags here tell you otherwise. They're either Rustkike shills or just here to spread "muh unsafety i cant program for shit" useless arguments.

But UE4 uses C++. Should I use the final solution or learn sookumscript?

C++ if you're smart > C > C++ if you're dumb or working with dumb people.

Unironically C++, but it'll require much more knowledge to avoid triggering unneeded things at runtime. C is better if you want straightforward implementations.

Java sucks

I prefer a bastardized editiin, c+ (one + only) which consists of C and borrowed features from c++:
Stl
Strings
Functors
Overloading (operator and functions)
Ofc objects with limited inheritance
Rvalue reference for speeding up some data stractures
And a few tiny things that I am forgetting right now.
Why I do this? First of I like my code Laconic. I want my code to be easily maintained by others, thus I use a handful of c++'s features along with a standard code style e.g. like the linux kernel and most oss projects. I manage the memory myself, which keeps me always aware to be careful, with the help of valgrind ofc.
I hate most newbes which write c++17 just because it's new and has features. They write something between java and perl. Java because they abuse & and &&, autos, auto_ptrs, e.t.c. and perl because...have you seen c++17 code?

C++ is better to be avoided on more than a handful of devs project. Everyone has a completely different coding style and perseption, that's why c is there to stay on projects who want to live across generations of coders.

>C++ is better to be avoided on more than a handful of devs project. Everyone has a completely different coding style and perseption, that's why c is there to stay on projects who want to live across generations of coders.

Does your company not have an enforced style guide?

>Does your company not have an enforced style guide?

That's like a giant middle finger in the face.

>Implying he actually has a job or makes productive code

How is that a middle finger? It solves the problem you're bitching about. Yeah it's shitty that I have to prefix all my private variables with _, but there's at least some sense to it, and I can expect that everywhere I go.

When you work with million+ SLoC codebase, you need a consistent style

Not everybody follows it, but code gets accepted if "it works".
As I saw bellow, you mention things like _ for member variables or other similar conventions for coding...that exists but nobody is going to forbid you to use lambdas, instead of inlines which can be more universal and more usefull or even preprocessor directives.
You cannot put a junior or a senior coder in the same project and expect everyone to follow the rules.
In my c++ projects, which revolve around sdr/gnuradio and embedded code for soft processors like microblaze, we follow the coding style of the libraries, gnuradio has its own, xilinx sdk has its own.
When I need to write linux drivers, I use C.
The rest of my work is done on verilog, with is as low as C, so there is no need to define a book of rules, just a handfull and the code is perfectly the same for every dev.

C++ is objectively better.

C++ is horrible. Use other languages when you need C++ which is full of clutter.

This is why I use Sun Java only.

Haskell

stupid question

>works the way a computer really works
>le close to the metal meme

lol learn how a modern computer works fgt

Depends on what you're trying to do, and which libraries you'd like to use.