I DID IT Sup ForumsENTOOMEN!! I INSTALLED GENTOO

i installed gentoo on virtualbox just following the gentoo handbook
it was easier than i expected
the little experience i had with arch installation helped tho

It's not hard. The maintenence is too autistic for me though.

If you're not dumb and are able to read a manual there's nothing hard about Gentoo

what should i expect?

great, now install source mage

>wasting your time installing certain distros when all of them are the same

install LFS

It ain't terribly hard if you have a bit of Linux knowledge. Configuring the kernel is probably the most daunting part.

Why?

Ubuntu works just fine

i wanted to get familiar with installation before i try it as my main distro

Now isntall CloverOS.

Nice. Stay with Gentoo some more days, boast about it with power users here, spend hours and hours to set even the basic aspects of your OS. At some time, late at night, when you're alone at home while your friends are having fun with their gf outside, you'll feel a strange sense of boredom inside and you'll wonder what's not satisfactory about this experience; it will be then that you'll try out something totally different, like Xubuntu, and you'll be amazed by how fast and accurately it does the same things as Gentoo. Gradually, step by step, you'll start to go out more often, hang out with real people and maybe you'll even find yourself a caring and beautiful woman. At that point you'll ask yourself: "Did I just waste my time on Gentoo?" You'll already know the answer and you'll keep on living like nothing happened.

[citation needed]

i dont have/need friends
nice pasta faggot

> pasta
You are wrong

if you're configuring the kernel manually expect to have to configure, compile and install a new kernel frequently until you get all your hardware/etc correctly setup

until you have the distro set up fully expect to have to wait a very long time while installing stuff because you'll usually be pulling in a lot of deps that you have to compile manually

updates aren't that bad if you're using stuff like binary packages but if not expect your browser to be the slowest thing to compile

once it's all set up properly it's mostly like any other netinst distro

>having friends with gf's
either have nerdy friends or none at all.

install gen- wait

> failing to meme arrow
I expected much better from you, user-kun

>implying
>it
>wasn't
>on
>purpose

Why would you do that?

Why not?

Easy rolling along with super trivial problems like portage asking you to pick between mutually exclusive use flags and packages. The odd dispatch-conf assisted configuration change.

Easy as long as you got a little bit of processing power or time.

install slackware