Neofetch

neofetch
>Just got a new server
>What to do

Install Gentoo, of course.

Suck it's dick

obviously install neofetch and shitpost on Sup Forums about it!

> numix
> arc
Based user, but...

> icons and title crammed in the left side
...you messed up!

>Icons and title crammed in the left side
What do you mean user? I didn't know you could put them on the right (If that's what you mean)

I'm realizing right now that you're using Unity. Your bad for not using the superior XFCE.

I have shitty integrated graphics and can't find proper drivers, and without them XFCE screen tears way too much, I honestly love XFCE and wish I could use it, but Unity is second best

>"Just" got a new server
Update your kernel, 4.10.0-35 is the current one

That sounds strange. XFCE lets you change the position of elements on the headbar very easily.

4.13.2-041302 is the current one
The way it would screen tear is that is would have a big line going diagnal across the screen, even with compositing off

It might be blasphemy but I've used compiz with XFCE before, it's a bit heavy handed but it did fix my screen tearing.

I've never had screen tearing on XFCE, maybe I'm just lucky. It almost looks like something more serious is going on in your screen.

I turned the compositor off and it was still tearing, it still tears with Unity, just to a lesser extent, my dumbass bought a Thinkpad from a pawn shop without checking the specs or looking for drivers before hand

I meant the "current" one in the standard ubuntu repos, of course there have been new releases since 4.10, just pointing out that OP is missing security updates (or bullshitting).

that's not how you memearrow user

Ah, alright

Had to install Debian because Pacman -Syu broke xmonad and I don't have the time tinker with my system right now.

>inb4 own fault
It actually wasn't. After an update Haskell libraries stopped working, so I couldn't import stuff from xmonad-contrib via xmonad.hs. I tried using a backup of xmonad.hs and it didn't work. I also tried re-installing Arch and the problem persisted on a fresh install. The same config works on Debian though.

Is that Gnome?

xmonad