How does Ubuntu MATE get that shitpile of a DE to look so fucking good?

How does Ubuntu MATE get that shitpile of a DE to look so fucking good?
And the font rendering god damn..
Seriously, how do I get arch or fedora looking that good?

google.com

No really, ootb fedora looks like utter trash compared to this.
Even when you set the fonts to hintslight etc. it still doesn't look as good

(((Rohith)))
Oh goy.

Here's the BEST I could possibly do in fedora

holy shit that's fucking ugly

All fucking ugly as shit

font rendering is only good on debian-based distros. arch/fedora devs know nothing about design

>arch/fedora devs know nothing about design
and also about how a good distro should look

Why is this though?
Don't they use the same fontonfig libs and stuff?
Where is there such a gap in rendering between distros?

ugly

post better
>inb4 wincuck

not him but eOS looks nice. It's workflow is shit, though. Win95 + emacs keybindings are the killer.

>TWO
>FUCKING
>TASK
>BARS

all you need to do is change to updated proprietary drivers and adjust the system fonts, if that doesn't solve the problem it's because the distro is really shit.

>the distro is really shit
Or it's so libre that even subpixel rendering considered a botnet.

mate is god tier DE

maybe I am an authist but this panel look like shit. It's just a fucking line without any border, edge, etc. It's okay if you go for something flat nad amateurish but with Clearlooks you want something more complex.

>rohith

>Seriously, how do I get arch or fedora looking that good?
install KDE

IDK, don't flame (well, do if you want), but in my opinion it looks like shit.

It's mainly just personal, but those gradient overlays feel like pre 2010 shit.

Also, the font looks cheap, in a way. It's too, je ne sais pas quoi, you know? doesn't vibe. obviously, that's just subjective

Don't get me wrong, windows, with the polar opposite metro look went full retard, but I feel it was a step in the right direction, except instead of taking a step they launched a rocket and landed on the wrong planet.

that's just, you know. you know?

He didnt ask how to install ugly, bloated, buggy trash that will eat up all his ram.

Lol pajeet where you from? Maharastra here hope youre not from Bihar

>be me
>install kde antergos on my fagbook
>couldnt do anything because KDE keeps crashing at startup
>uninstall and go back to ubuntu
What is up with that clock widget in the bottom panel of KDE? creeps me out..

>pre 2010
I dont understand why we have to constantly change interface designs because something arbitrarily considered outdated. I dont think of technology as a piece of fashion so I dont really care how it looks as long as its decent and it works. I dont change the style of my clothing every 5 years so why should technology be any different?

of course, your point is perfectly valid

but I feel like the world constantly refines design. Slowly, and certainly not surely, western design (or is it global?) becomes better tailored to what the human brain wants - obviously due to market demand in part.

I believe that, and If I see something I like better, I adapt to it.

the gradients thing was a good decision back then to move away from the pixel bevel, but I prefer the flat-ish designs of 2017 more now.

i'm not even being a fake trend sheep here. this is my honest opinion.

>I dont change the style of my clothing every 5 years so why should technology be any different?
Thats why you're not getting laid