A few days ago while i was playing Overwatch i got some weird 'Rendering device has been lost' error a couple of times...

A few days ago while i was playing Overwatch i got some weird 'Rendering device has been lost' error a couple of times and had to restart the game
After that i started getting some minor coil whine and started randomly losing signal on monitor and it wouldn't come back even after a restart
I figured my GPU died ( I have an r9 280x) so i plugged the monitor directly to the Integrated Graphics output
It worked fine for like an hour and then it started losing signal again, and again not getting it back after a system restart
I switched back to the GPU and it worked like nothing happened, even the coil whine was gone
..until i lost signal again
I tried using a different cable and even connecting the monitor to my laptop and it works just fine, so it's not a problem with the cable or monitor
What the fuck is it? It's driving me crazy

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744354236
support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I did a clean reinstall of GPU drivers and it didn't help either

>gaymer shit
fuck off back to manchild.

>inb4 playing Overwatch
stop

Fuck off, it's not gaming related

bump

overwatch ruined my windows 7 partition from all the crashing and bluescreens

nvidia card

AMD drivers have a bug. Overwatch crashes a lot on drivers past 17.something (I forget Google it).

i don't give a fuck about Overwatch, i can't use my fucking pc

What PSU?

Raidmax Thunder V2 635w

>Raidmax i wouldn't trust that psu but how dirty is your pc? consider cleaning it also check the crash log on windows.

I'm going to guess that the problem is not in your GPU.

I don't have a crashlog because windows doesn't crash
The pc keeps working normaly there just isn't any signal on my monitor

is it happening all the time or just when you play a certain game?

All the time, it happens randomly
Yesterday it worked like an hour without losing it and today for like 15mins

bumb

Use a different monitor. It may be the problem. Also find another PSU ASAP.

The monitor is not the problem, it works on my laptop now just fine, i've been using it on that PC for a year

if you have an old PC test the GPU there with something like furmark and test the temperature. Just swap hardware till you find the source of the problem.

From a terminal: dmesg
You should see a list of errors related to your gpu.

GPU is dying, replace ASAP. 280x is outdated anyways.

The same thing happens when i connect my monitor to the Integrated GPU so i guess it's not the GPU that's making the problem

sounds like a motherboard issue to me.

Like...duuuh!

the psu could be fucking the voltages up, switch it.

are you new or illogical?

No you dumb fuck is correct, Overwatch will crash randomly when you use a driver newer than 17.1.2, it happens to me as well. You'll either get rendering device lost or the screen will go black and you have to restart your computer.
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744354236
support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes.aspx
See
>Known Issues:
>Overwatchâ„¢ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.