Please help me

I'm building my first pc and can't get the screws to descend into the holes. I've tried pushing hard but the motherboard bend and doing the backwards turn doesn't do anything either

Pls help :(

Have you tried installing Gentoo yet?

Pls no memes the springs are so stiff that all my force is transferring to the motherboard and I'm scared

put something under the board (plank and pillow on the plank for instance) so it won't bend. mounting cpu + ventirad requires a firm and strong hand

Is the other side screwed in already?

No I have made no progress at all

Good idea I think I just need more force

try moving cooler 90° to right (try 3 times), as maybe sth is fucked with MoBo or cooler dimensions

Just to make sure: you removed plastic covers or such stuff from the heatsink/CPU, there was just the metal surface and the pre-applied paste on the heatsink, right?

If so, it is probably just the fitting being stiff. make sure the backplate of the cooler holding thing rests firmly against table and press the cooler and the screws down.

U can do it op

Take the HSF and mounting frame off the motherboard and screw it together a few times to make the springs more flexible.

Then try again.

Lift the cooler up and post a pic of underside of cooler and one of the CPU

Yes I reached the thread! A meme guide was telling me to assemble my motherboard on its box but I switched to directly on my desk and it's working better!
Thanks guys!

>A meme guide was telling me to assemble my motherboard on its box
Wow, this really IS your first time building

Yep..thanks reddit..shit guide

No. The motherboard box is god tier.
A) it stops all your screws flying shitwards if you go ham on the bag.

B) It's non conductive and relatively sturdy, gives you a clean surface to build off of with no chance of surface stains or moisture causing damage to the motherboard

C) It's a fucking box, they're infinitely useful, I have like 50 empty tubs of airrifle pellets that I keep screws and shit in

the springs are there for a reason

Which slots do I use for my ram?

refer to mobo manual

you dont have any super drives installed into your express ports

Thanks it was 2 and 4. Hope i had them facing the right way!

rtfm

I don't think you should be building a PC on your own lol...

It's pretty hard to push them in incorrectly you'd definitely break the tooth or make another notch on ram stick

they really only go in one way user, look at the bottom, it has guides there

Now that's something I haven't seen in a long ass time.

There's a first time for everything

He's not.
He's here.

Building on his own would be better. That way if he fucks it up, he can only blame himself, not user who told him to do it correctly then he thinks it's wrong.

Don't spoonfeed OP, if he's too much of a dumbass to google and read a manual then tough shit

Does someone have the Tobasco Sauce build?

>"haha I'm fitting in with Sup Forums r-right g-guys!?"

It literally says in the sticky Sup Forums is not tech support

people telling other people to figure out shit for themselves has been around longer than Sup Forums

if you were older than 18 you would know that, so deal with it

As if rules mean that much on this website.

2 4

I have connected a 24pin MB on motherboard to 20 pin MB on power supply, and 8pinCPU to motherboard from 8pin power supply too. Is this correct?

pushing the "anyone can build a PC" meme was a mistake