$20 Google Audio Jack

When where you when Google turned into Apple?

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/10/4/16425738/google-pixel-2-usb-c-headphone-dongles-20-replacement

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rykmwn0SMWU?t=45s
gizmodo.com/5945889/some-third-party-adapters-might-not-work-with-your-new-iphone
innerfidelity.com/content/apples-lightning-headphone-adapter-analog-or-digital
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apple dongles cost $9.

>mfw Jewgle is LITERALLY trying to outprice applel with even worse hardware

>replacements cost money

w0w

lol um sweetie Apple's is only $9 and has been for over a year

They're outjewing Apple by a 100% margin!

Impressive work from Goolag.

This is hilarious. Google used to be the best budget brand with Nexus stuff (S, Galaxy, 4, 5). Now they're just a jewish niche brand that copies Apple.

Be honest, you'd buy it if you could afford it.

mfw Apple really is the innovative market leader after all

I like my Pixel, if I was needing a new phone I'd consider pixel 2

Just leave it attached to your headphones and you'll never lose it

MFW Apple is cheaper than google!!!!!

They should just make headphones that are usb type c instead

shoo, shill

Fuck off shill faggot
Yep, truly the shittiest timeline.

>trusting chinks to put a decent DAC in the adapter

l m a o

Why not just buy USB headphones? Sound quality will be so much better.

>Israel

((Chaim))) {{{Gartenberg}}}

>bend the part where the usb-c connects by accident
>"Am I retarded?"

You can't buy a pair of cheap $5 USB headphones at the corner store, user.

That's never happened

>DAC in the adapter
There no DAC in the "adapter"

Yeah that died with the Nexus product line, because they were meant to be developer phones. Pixel is supposed to be a "premium" line aimed at Apple customers.

Was there any major restructuring at Google toward the end of the Nexus lifespan? I wonder what caused such a radical change.

lol nm

>only $9
>cost less than 15 cents to make

>DAC
You mean the one that's already in the phone?

USB-C outputs a digital signal, no?

there's a dac in there though.

damn

I dare you to buy a DAC with ARM signal processor for $0.15. And a miniature one at that.

Apple's cable at $9 is understandable to me since a lot is going inside of it.

Google's $20 connector is a passthrough. Just fucking wire.

20 dollars to MUCH better sound on amazon.

To be fair a lightning adapter is a lot less useful than a usb-c one.

my first thought
Pixel doesn't deserve any sales, it's a worthless product line

On my N6P with audio jack and stereo front speakers ;^)

the apple adapter is like 40 isn't it?

USB-C spec has an analog audio accessory mode

>The headset shall not use a USB Type-C plug to replace the 3.5mm plug
Yeah manufacturers are definitely going to listen to that

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

>This is now the norm
I give up.

So Apple really was brave.

>Courage

It seems, now, we truly see. Apple really was courageous. Other companies wanted to but didn't dare to first in a major way at least, a phone or 2 from some chink manufacturer has no impact. While Apple made fun of the headphone jack in one promotional video, they stated that its only unsuitable for a portable device, because it actually is. The world will move to wireless or USB-C/Lightning headphones. Google however must have known what the Pixel 2 was going to be while making the Pixel one and must have known that they too much axe the headphone jack. They must have had some kind of plan longer than 4 fucking months. Its hilarious and shameful to watch the same company bash Apple for removing the headphone jack then doing the same around 12 months later. Google is a shitty, dumb company with no real vision.

youtu.be/Rykmwn0SMWU?t=45s

God, I hate Google

>defending a proprietary audio plug standard

iNigger confirmed poor

>being this buttmad and diverting the discussion
stay mad kiddo. stay mad.

it's because of that pajeet running the show (Sundar Pichai)

Implying this chink adapter won't burn your phone.

>(((CHAIM)))
>GARTEN(((BERG)))

so now that the pixel 2 is confirmed to be hot garbage, what the fuck is a good phone right now? It seriously all looks like shit

that's the point of 2017

Oneplus 5

I think they may have realized developers are the kind of users who probably can afford to pay flagship prices, and they are trying to be Apple of course also as well as pulling a Microsoft Surface type move to drive the high end where the good margins are up even higher.. though they seem to be interested in putting out quality affordable devices also with the Android One project.

GS8 Active once it's freed from AT&T, get bootloader unlock, and root.

>S, Galaxy

neither of those were budget

The main difference is that Google always overcharges for their accessories on the Google store. You don't have to buy them, since most third party manufacturers build their shit for cheap anyway. Official cases and other shit like that have been expensive as fuck on the Google store for years.

Apple's gear is proprietary and they charge fees for third party manufacturers to use their shit.

That extra chip is just there to Jew you

gizmodo.com/5945889/some-third-party-adapters-might-not-work-with-your-new-iphone

Xz1 compact. At least that's what I'm getting since I want a smaller phone. Regular pixel would have been fine but they had to remove the headphone jack. Fucking retards.

>When where you when Google turned into Apple?

I don't know about that. Based on my short experience with the new Pixels yesterday, Google has become better than Apple in assistant AI and image processing algorithm.

>2012
>not even related to what we're talking about
shithead, you're fucking desperate. top kek!

Apple's cable has a DAC in it

Googles is just some audio cable because USB has analog output

Yeah, it's the biggest jewing ever. It's just a piece of cable and $0.25 worth of connectors. Ridiculous.

Maybe it's that Indian faggot who's incharge of google now

>And a miniature one at that.
are you seriously implying that smaller DACs cost more? how stupid are you?

>1 year later everyone just copying apple but doing a worse job

how do they keep fucking shit up.

Google's new wireless earbuds don't go in the ear, they use that braided cable as a loop to sit in the arch of your ear to hold them in

how is that comfortable

Google is also ending unlimited photo storage for pixel phones in original quality.

Will end 2020

you're a moron. a super magical moron. stay mad,. goolag shill. stay mad!

So a $9 cable with a super cheap shit-tier DAC inside is somehow better than the other analogue solution which takes full advantage of the 835's Aqstic capabilities inside the phone itself. You Apple drones are hilarious.

So, let me get this straight.
The "innovators" remove an "obsolete" feature, only to offer it in an external form factor, with an adapter that occupies the single port of an entire device.
It's like the lack of fm radio in recent "highend" phones, although socs are built with a radio receiver.
Whoever buys those phones and dongles, is the cucklord in the cuckdom.

A 3.5mm break out costs something like 0.01$ in big quantities, that's 900 times more expensive than the official dongle.

iPhone 8 or the upcoming Sony XZ1 (?) compact.

>make fun of chadpple for no 3.5mm
>virgle remove it themselves 1 year later
Like clockwork. What's next? Dual camera for pixel 3?

Chinkshit Mi A1 or Mi Mix

6p is already a red flag. i stopped there

Being some Asian frick trying to use some cryptology to figure out what you're trying to say was the hardest part of my day. Google is always gonna be the best and Apple will always be the worst, simple as that.

> Google
> the best
Corporations aren't your friends.

They probably looked at the fuckload of money Apple was making from dongles and accessories and decided to follow suit.

>Unsuitable for a portable device
>3.5mm Earphones/Headphones are portable as fuck and never have to be charged and can be taken anywhere just like Bluetooth variants
>Wireless or USB/lightning headphones where the latter USES A WIRE LIKE 3.5MM HEADPHONES but to your brainwashed head one wire is different to another that does the same purpose
>Convinced himself that Apple was right
You are way too stupid and opinionated to be valid on a board that has nothing but stupid and opinionated people

The main reason I say it is that my dad's an Employee and I'm brainwashed to worship Google. Please help I'm confused.

You're too dumb to even understand what I mean. People don't exactly care about high fidelity audio when they're out and about. That and single purpose ports on a smartphone in the modern day is a dumb thing. I DID say there's a move to wireless and most headphones and even AirPods have great battery life.

You clearly rarely go outside because having a cord from your ears to wherever your phone may be is cumbersome and annoying. Fine when you're sitting around in your basement but not when you're outside.

They already haven't but it doesn't matter. As long as they send analog through the USB-C there's no issue.

The problem does arise if they put a DAC in the dongle though, because they could easily do that and not connect up the audio bridge and then the phone would output digital to the dongle and the dongles DAC would take care of it.

The other side of the coin is that USB-C doesn't have the same kinds of royalties that Lightning does so there are much cheaper adapters that work just as well.

The only way this is acceptable imo would be a second usb-c port.

The fuck? That's probably not a DAC in that cable. I was extremely skeptical when that first teardown was performed, as nobody actually proved it was a DAC. Then, that article came out where people compared the output voltages and impedances of the lighting to 3.5mm adapter on different devices and something seemed a little fishy. Then, I saw this article. Kinda shows that I wasn't the only one thinking about how fishy this is.

innerfidelity.com/content/apples-lightning-headphone-adapter-analog-or-digital

It's probably that same validation chip to make sure you're only buying official Apple accessories.

Either that, or it's a really shitty DAC

>jewgle shows it's true colours
>normalfaggots surprised
It's the beginning. Don't fret, for this is the future you chose

Well, they made fun in their video that there is no need for 2 camers "just one".
So, yes. Pixel 3 will have 2 cameras.

who is copying who now, droidfag btfo

headphones are cool

Is this trend of not having a headphone jack on phones so they can save $2 not building a jack and dac into the phone??

Christ, if you insist on using USBC then include two fucking ports on the phone. Not being able to use the headphones when charging is a total deal breaker for me.

it's about saving space, dummy.
also less complexity and so on and so on.
it's a good move, the market is just not ready yet.

>defending the senseless headphone jack removal
Samsung seems to be able to keep the headphone jack on their phones

>needs a dongle to 3.5mm jack

Apple and Google are patetic!

We've seen this time and time again in every product line

Retarded companies, full of pajeets, like MS and Google, copy all the bad shit that Apple does, but they don't grasp the concept that Apple is successful despite that.

Removing the jack was a horrible decision, but Rajeesh and all the rest of the diversity hires in the design team equate Apple did it = we need to do that too

They also think that raising the price to match Apple will cause the consumer to equate the pixel to being a more luxurious or better product than the iphone

The MS surface pro is another great example of this. It's failing because it copied all the bullshit ideas that Apple does, but none of the "just werks" shit.

>can't compete with Applel by having decent products at a fair price
>make completely inferior and/or useless products and raise the price above Applel
The fuck are they planning? I refuse to believe a company of that size can be run of complete morons.

>senseless
Again, it's so save space, weight and reduce complexity.
If we had more headphones with USB-C it wouldn't even be a problem. It will just take a while for the market to catch up.

Where would you need to do it tho? Last time I recall loading phone and listening to music was when I had S2 since the battery sucked. Now every phone lasts long enough for intercontinental flights, what's the point?

>So a $9 cable with a super cheap shit-tier DAC inside is somehow better than the other analogue solution which takes full advantage of the 835's Aqstic capabilities inside the phone itself.
Yes.
Fuck off Google shill.

I have a nexus 6p and it fucking sucks. the battery is already down to 60% of the original capacity in less than 2 years

>trusting chinks to put a decent DAC in the adapter
>l m a o
The absolute state of neo-Sup Forums.