What allows ios to beat flagship Android phones at speed tests with less ram and a weaker cpu and why does Sup Forums...

What allows ios to beat flagship Android phones at speed tests with less ram and a weaker cpu and why does Sup Forums get so butthurt about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8kpD3XCp49o
youtu.be/IbSjUq_kvSM
lmgtfy.com/?q=ios 9 lawsuit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Biased benchmarks do.

Operating System optimized for a handful of phones instead of 10000+ different devices

Custom hardware designed by Apple

Developers put more effort into Apple than Android.

iOS is optimized for Apple's hardware.

Ask an Android user what bytecode is and wait for the laughs.

>an OS running on a small set of custom tailored hardware and heavily optimized for it is faster than the Windows of smartphones
Truly a mystery.
>a board full of autistic teenagers that waste time shitposting and arguing over other people's personal choices is mad at something
Truly a mystery.

benefits of Machine Code vs JavaVM

This answer is more than sufficient. Thank you but, why won't Sup Forums acknowledge this? Why do they keep spouting off about RAM and battery size when they know damn well it doesn't equate to speed or longevity?
Also, if they're so concerned about privacy why don't they back the only company who was willing to go to federal court against the FBI in defence of it?

Never ever seen Iphone beat anything above 500

Insecurity, mostly.

explain why google's own phone has the same bench issues against ios even though it's """""""optimized"""""""

Android supports ARM 32/64, MIPS 32/64 and x86/x64 while iOS 11 only cares of ARM64.

iOS isn't pure shit. It's not just the custom hardware, Applel also has faster CPUs (outside of some multicore shit but most software blows at that) and NVMe storage. If anything, they should be much faster. Read up about how much of a mess Android is, it's stunning how they manage to make it bearable. The real question is, not about Apple but how Android manufactures make do with a horrible software.

If you're a normie then iPhones are more than enough. But if you're a power user then Android is significantly ahead. A 4-5k mAh battery Xaomi phone will last for days while iPhone must be on the charger by night time. 8GB of RAM on Oneplus 5 means you can throw any app at it including GameCube emulation, iOS can't handle that stuff.

this tho

I'm not going to take the time to link one of many YouTube videos of ios beating $650+ phones because you know damn well you're lying.

>weaker cpu
What are you on about, retard? Apple literally builds the best ARM CPUs on the market.

>8GB RAM
>OS needs 6GB at any given moment for simple tasks

kek

>A 4-5k mAh battery Xaomi phone will last for days while iPhone must be on the charger by night time.
Why would you lie on the Internet for free?

>phone
>poweruser
Pick one. Besides, if you have 8gb of ram and you're os is hogging up 4 of it you're only left with 4 anyway.

Better optimisation.(less important)
Apple cpu is actually amazing at single core performance if Android phones had the same cpu the diffrence would be much lower(more important).
It's a myth apple cpu is weak it's actually really great but it doesn't have as many cores(basically because it doesn't need it and it doesn't make much difference in really world usage also it's battery consuming).

iphones do better on synthetic benchmarks, but in real world usage a flagship android shits all over it. nobody wants to stare at a barely 720p phone screen irl, you're tethered to your iphone charger by sunset, and you must pay for simple stuff like webm support or a Sup Forums app.

>power user
>muh gaymes

nougat uses 2gb at max

Just gonna leave this here...

youtu.be/8kpD3XCp49o

it's just a fact that iphones don't have outstanding batteries. if you use it often you will be on the charger by night guaranteed. meanwhile chinkphones with huge batteries can go days without charging, I know from personal experience during a days long power outage from a hurricane.

SE and the plus ones can easy last you 2-3 days if you're not updating facebook every second or record 4k videos.

android is faster

in standby maybe, screen on time is terrible compared to my chinkphone. you literally cannot compare a 4k mAh bat

This. It's what made me abandon my iPhone 7 Plus and get an S7 active.

Also tye headphone jack, micro SD slot, higher res screen that can display the color black, and the ability to torrent and download youtube videos with ease.

>iPhone takes 0.2 seconds longer to open an app on average
Woah, throwing it in the bin as we speak.

On the topic of battery usage, wouldn't the iPhones fewer but more powerful cores use considerably less power than Android phones. I mean, do we really know if iPhones battery is shit or are we just assuming cause it doesn't have "muh 4,000 hertz"

They've always been faster after dalvik but have been bloated with shitty software to the brim. Samshit finally realized that and changed their ways I guess.

iphones definitely have more power optimization but it's not like you can't do the same on android with removing bloatware and optimizing your apps. you just can't compare a 1.8k mAh battery to a 4k mAh battery.

You have to remember you're paying almost $1,000 for either phone. So why go with an inferior phone for the same price?

>of all the technical advantages Android provides autistic retards consistently point out """"torrenting on a fucking phone""""
This why I will forever mock you even though I like the OS.

Samsung, heh.

How has no one posted
fpbp
/thread

iPhones have especially abhorrent battery life for their battery capacity rating.

youtu.be/IbSjUq_kvSM

t. ex-iPhone 7 user who had to charge his iPhone twice a days occasionally.

"I don't like thing therefore this is dumb lmao XD"
neck yourself

Because right now I prefer things iOS offers with its shortcomings. Also, opening an app a fraction of a second faster is probably the most retarded ""argument"" ever made.

>this man is shoving food up his anus
>why?
>NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE REEE RETARD NECK URSELF
Okay, sweetie.

I got around 10-12h on my SE (plus 80h standby) and it has a 1.3 mAh battery. More efficient software and hardware plus fewer pixels to push around does wonders. I don't doubt that a chinkphone with 4k mAh would beat it, just you'd probably need to deal with all the bloat first, and maybe underclock the CPU.

paying $800 for a iphone with no SD card support, a 1800 mAh battery, a below 1080p LCD screen, and no customization is worse than getting a $600 galaxy s8

The storage is faster, the smaller battery lasts about as long and the PPI is not noticeable unless you bother with VR shit. Besides, it runs better and will get updates for half a decade.

I'll bite, what is so fucking dandy about iOS that you would sacrifice things like a headphone jack, msd slot, better battery life for it?

lolnope, cry harder

You can't meme your way out of this one billy

LMFAO

see lmgtfy.com/?q=ios 9 lawsuit

faster storage doesn't mean shit when you're out of space.

paying more for weaker specs is in no way justifiable.

paying $600 for a phone that will have no support in 18 months and runs an OS treated as second class by every mobile dev out there is worse than getting an iphone

It doesn't even make a difference. All that 1337 speed and it still lags like a motherfucker to $400 chinkshit.

I paid $180 for my Galaxy s6 and I got a security update a few weeks ago.

If you're not an idiot, you can buy the amount of faster storage you'd need. You have the option though. With Lagdroid there is only the size of slow storage to decide about.

>paying more for weaker specs is in no way justifiable.
>faster
>weaker specs
Nigga, what? It's like buying a HDD over a SSD because of muh storage.

>sacrifice things like a headphone jack, msd slot, better battery life
I don't use headphone jack, can't fill 128GB of internal memory and battery life is one of the things that got me to iPhone in the first place after Marshmallow destroyed it on Z3C. iOS provides consistency, support and excellent ecosystem. Some UI decisions are painful and I'd love to run a Samba on it for easy filesharing, but apart from that it's the best phone for me.
>You can't meme your way out of this one billy
There's nothing to meme out of. Torrenting on a phone is retarded any way you look at it.

Yea, everybody is running linuxes on rooted iphones,...

see
Also why do you assume we're all like you? What if I value my money and don't want to shell out $40-60 for the latest SJW movie I'm gonna regret watching?

SOC design that’s years ahead of commodity designs.

Not anymore, see I'm pretty excited to use the Note 8. I'm a drawfag but I have a job irl so this will be perfect for me.

That’s contrived as fuck. All one would have to do is make sure that the apps they were opening were hibernated in the iphone and the android would appear faster because they would have to be moved from persistent storage while the android is just loading them from ram.

Nope, it's the A11 constantly overheating and thermal throttling.

Why are you backlinking the post to which the reply was addressed? I didn't say torrenting is retarded, I said torrenting on a phone is. Contain your contrarian autism, I'm not really trying to participate in your underage discussion of which product is "objectively supeeryor". Just listed my personal reasons of using an iPhone and not Android right now, as you asked.

nice blogpost, I subscribed

It's pretty easy to optimize an OS when you lock everything down and leave it exclusive to basic usage.

>It's pretty easy to optimize an OS when you lock everything down and leave it exclusive to basic usage.
Really? Well, I'm convinced!

>Power user
All you use it for is ricing or playing shitty mobile games. Although RTC Classic is nice.

>iPhone
>power user

I hate to break it to you sweety but between 2007 and 2012 iPhones were the power user with the best hardware and jail broken os and the best apps. It took a long time for android to get gud... Even still it's a close tie depending on what you exactly value

>angrybirds
>power user

t. iToddler