Retro

Post your obsolete machines.

Other urls found in this thread:

fc05.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/046/c/5/Longhorn_5203_XP_Visual_Style_by_robmayer.zip
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=retro
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/retro
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/retro
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you that fag who was trying to get people to buy your shitty notebook a while ago? Thanks for taking away the tripcode faggot.

No?

Where's the mouse in that thing?

it's that rubber nipple next to the screen on the right

it's actually not that bad to use

Duuudddeee I got a libretto 50ct too. I just need to get a new HDD for it.

He looks like a tranny without the hormones. Like if they somehow had a control group for trannies where they didn't let them take hormones, he's the after picture.

There

Everything here, including the computer in that configuration, was saved from e-waste except the controller I found at Goodwill. Oh and the duke3d mousepad from arts(three letter word for bovine which is spamfiltered for some fucking reason).

Pentium 233 MMX
S3 Virge DX
3Dfx Voodoo 2
Creative AWE64
2.1GB HDD w/ Windows 95 OSR2

And then I added in that 360k 5.25 floppy drive so I could write images to disk for...

I see a vertical mouse, whats the name of it and how is it?

nice!

This fucking thing. Also pulled from e-waste, completely functional TRS-80 Model 4. I still can't believe it. I really like these for some reason and I emulated one for a while, didn't think I'd ever find the real system for under $200 but here we are.

There was a box beside it with that cassette player, music synthesizer add-on and tons of cables, Walkmans, micro cassettes and even some OS/2 beta CDs.

Powermac 5500/225
225 mhz
96mb ram
2 gb hd
24X cd-rom

Can into Quake, X-wing, and Tomb Raider.

dump those disks please

IBM PCjr
8088 4.75mhz
256k ram
360k 5.25" floppy
DOS 2.1 for PCjr

Hooked to my HDTV
Mostly play Packman(not misspelled) and Defender.

Comfy 12" machine

>three letter word for bovine which is spamfiltered for some fucking reason

FUCKING WOW

I haven't thought about that site in years.

I remember Sup Forums had some coupons for free shit up to 20$, and everyone was going nuts. I got a cigarette case with the original Pokemon badges, a coaster with the NOD logo and a few microfibres cloths, one with ace attorney yelling OBJECTION and the other the white scene from the end of mgs3

UMPC collection I own and it's growing right now.

Fuck this is amazing. user, do you know the names of these? I've been collecting UMPC's recently, but only have GDP win and GDP pocket. Would love to check some of these out

hi chris

What do you use them for?

I picked up a umpc that I paid way too much for off eBay the other month, and I am full of regret. I have no idea what I thought I was going to use if for when bidding on it, but now I have it, I have even less ideas

Im away from my main machine with my pics but I have in my posession:

Giant AT server tower with door and window mod, 300w dual redundant psu
Asus P5A-b
AMD K6-2+ 550ACZ
3dfx Voodoo 5500 PCI Mac flashed to PC with dual output
768mb ram
Soundblaster 16 ISA
Some sort of 320SCSI card with 5x 73gb 10K rpm Seagate Barracuda drives in RAID 5
Various drives
98SE with the SP3 thingy

Can into CS 1.6, UT99 GOTY, etc.

Not that guy but I got a couple. You can use them for the same thing you'd use a phone with a keyboard for. Even outdated machines will run a SSH client just fine. Email clients work fine.

If you're looking for a neat cheap little UMPC project, the Zipit was fun.

Not obsolete anymore, it has a modern Xeon inside.

I know you hate this stuff, but the logic board was FUBAR and I wasn't letting such a beautiful case go to waste.

Sure, from far left to far right.
Sony Vaio GT3/K
Sony Vaio VGN-U71P (own 2 units)
Sony Vaio VGN-UX390N
Sony Vaio PCG-C1VN
Samsung Q1
OQO Model 02
Toshiba Libretto W100

Not on the pics as I just got them few months ago or waiting for them to be ship out

Sony Vaio PCG-C1MR/BP
Sony Vaio PCG-C1MSX PCG-191N
2x Sony Vaio PCG-U1 (The 2nd one will be use to learn the internal of the unit and maybe back up parts. Also, additional add on)
Sony Vaio PCG-U3
2x Libretto U100 (2nd one will either modify for English unit or backup parts)
KOHJINSHA DZ (Not really a UMPC but very unique for it's dual screen at the time).

Most of this UMPC are for history purpose and I am slowly trying to gather as much info I can as I can (how to take it apart if need to fix the internal to take pics of internal for other people online to use to document the unit) as quite a few of them are coming from Japan and they is very little document of the unit online (unless if you can read Japanese). Even if you can, they're still hard to come by unless they're popular in the retro computer.

May I ask what UMPC you got from the win bin on ebay? For those unit, majority of them are relic and won't be useful in win OS. If you want to use it, you might want to look into a light weight Linux OS but depend on the UMPC, they is no guarantee all the internal system will work out of the box.

The only unit I still use on and off is the Sony Vaio VGN-U71P mostly because I need it for certain Japanese software. This might change once I get my Libretto U100 which is still oversea right now. Do ask questions as I do test all the unit a bit.

You can use a CF card but you need either the original floppy drive or another old laptop to format the card and reinstall Windows 95.

>May I ask what UMPC you got from the win bin on ebay? For those unit, majority of them are relic and won't be useful in win OS. If you want to use it, you might want to look into a light weight Linux OS but depend on the UMPC, they is no guarantee all the internal system will work out of the box.

This one. It's got mint on it, the seller asked if I wanted win 10 or mint, figured since it's almost a decade old that win10 would run like absolute dogshit

>
That look like psixpda. I don't know much about this unit so, can't help you much. Reading the spec and impression of this unit feel a bit underpowered which most UMPC are but with a Linux OS like Mint OS will try to streamline to make it workable. I guess it comes down to what are you trying to use it for.

Even though I'm a pure Amiga fag, that is sexy!

how do you keep something so clean; dirt- and corrosion-free?
you'd think it was kept in the box since it as made. or sealed behind a glass display in vacuum, away from sunlight...

I bought it because all these retro threads made me think it'd be cool to have.

I genuinely didn't have a plan for it when I bought it..

My old cumputer

>green caps

Nigga im in love

Not really retro, but here's my Dell Latitude D620. I have two PCs that are older than this, but they're no older than 2001 (Dimension 4300 and ThinkPad G40).

Sorry about the image quality (they were taken with a Shititar camera).

In case you're curious, the theme is the Longhorn 5203 theme for XP (requires a patched uxtheme).

web.archive.org/web/20130306124626/fc05.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/046/c/5/Longhorn_5203_XP_Visual_Style_by_robmayer.zip

There's also mouse buttons right behind the screen.

Name?

My Samsung NC10 netbook is obsolete, but the battery is new so it gets like 8hrs of battery.

Cool. How well does it run 3D console emulators (such as ePSXe and Project64)?

Beautiful!

>tfw first gen atoms are retro now

Some of the netbooks do have a neat aesthetic desu.

You need to collect the Fujitsu U810/U820.

the control key is in the right place!

Currently setting one of these up as a modern media machine, going with XP MCE and Firefox, and installing MPC and K-lite

finally got music to work on this fucker
turns out just soundblaster mode is fine

underage detected.

>Atom N270
>Released in 2008

I was 23 when this came out you absolute newfaggot

>N270
1.6Ghz .. obsolete
you are a fucking noob

The poor man's UMPC

ayy

>durr hurr megahurts means everything
>calls me the noob

How's that Pentium 4 treating you kiddo?

name of everything in this pic?

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=retro

enough information for you fagget?

>unironically using ud for definitions
Wew lad

Can your goalpost moving get any more obvious?

nobody is being ironically here when we talk about retro machines, so please make us a favor and erase your post.

I don't think I'll ever be into G5 mods but you respect the hardware and did a good job of making it not as triggering as the big, hollow BUT MOM I NEED THE FULL TOWER-tier shitheaps I usually picture when I think of one, and you didn't disgrace it with some baby mITX i3 build either.

The context, internals and the way everything fits together is a huge part of the appeal that I think a lot of prospective modders really miss when it comes to these things.

aaaand grammar. You've been a great player, thank you and have a good night!

not related to any of this mess, but man i fucking love the pentium 4
it got so much shit but it was honestly just kinda cool, 3.8ghz desktop processors, absolute housefires but there was a time when either you had a pentium 4 or an athlon xp, and everything was nice and simple

I haven't tested those. I just have snes, gb, nes, sega, gba.

Let's not start another one of those arguments. It's as retarded as the GNU/Linux naming argument.

Doom can run on anything, like the exact opposite of Crysis.

You did good. I'd rather see the cases get used than be kept around to gather dust.

>like the exact opposite of Crysis
Or Minecraft.

I don't have a picture of mine, but I've got a PowerBook G4 12" that I picked up locally for $40. It needed a new battery but it's in perfect shape and came with a case and all the software/documents it originally came with.

I grabbed a new battery off eBay and maxed out the RAM, then installed Debian. I think that it might still be usable for basic stuff like word processing and web browsing.

>Top tier
>G4

Enjoy top-tier bootloop.

That whole early Vista era of tech looked nice. I can't stand how everything's either gaymur or fake Apple now.

from the golden age of Apple

>I've lived long enough to see early 2000's shit being posted in a retro thread
This is not a good feel

sexy

is that a phone showing the time?

Pics for some other life (most are in boxes).
I have:
Thomson MO5
Commodore C64
3*Amiga 500, 1 transformed into an i7 Computer
Atari 520 STF
Atari 520 STE
Amiga 3000 UX (very rare, with AmigaOS/Unix dual boot)
and, less interesting, an Apple iBook G3

missed one of these on eBay and it ended up going for fucking $26

thinking of caving and just paying jew dollars for one but it would probably be better just to put the money into restoring my IIfx

Got the exact same model with windows xp, was my main computer for a few years, by the end the thing was falling apart and it got stolen. Kinda miss it.

>drawers

i hate touchscreens i want to go back

I'd rather have touchscreens infecting devices than trackpads. Keyboards are still the best with optional clit.

You did good.

>Makes /retro/ thread
>Calls them "obsolete" when people in these threads have a use for them

I lold

Hi fami

>urbandictionary
Holy shit I kek'd hard.

Here, have some non-brainlet definitions.
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/retro
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/retro

As you can see, Mr.Brainlet, it's a very personal definition for old or nostalgic things.

The worst part is some of it would be very usable today if it wasn't for how cancerous the modern web has become.

Stuff like is still perfectly usable until you start doing stuff on the web.

still got my PB G4 15" from 2005. it was a hell of a machine back then. still works.

>original floppy drive or another old laptop to format the card and reinstall Windows 95.
Why?
Why not just use a CF card reader and virtual machine?

Those mouse buttons tho.

Trackpads are great when they're done right

I mostly want mouse-like devices to leave. I've been a primary-keyboard user for forever and now I've got my shit set up just right. Any other touchy devices just get in the way.

wow so 1337

Even win98 could be run without a mouse, they had special accessibility stuff that would eventually enter a state where if you pressed delete it would hard reboot.

well that's just like your use case man

which do you think are the most usable and unusable

iPhone 7

I'm flattered! :3
Hi there

So since this thread seems UMPC-Centered, here's a pic of my Q1 Ultra.

Probably the best G5 sleeper I've ever seen.
The videos were interesting too.

I guess the umpc I use the most is VAIO VGN-U71P mostly for one of the 1st UMPC I collect and it have a dock where I did made it a old desktop for work long time ago when my laptop was on repair.

The least useful will go to Samsung Q1. Very slow for what you getting into even on XP. Never have much use for it when I got it and just get the documents of the unit internal and that's about it for the unit. Q1 extra is a better unit over this I would say and would get that if u can.

where do i find old crap like this?

I am interested and did see one on eBay right now minus the AC adapter and battery. What stopping me is the eBay seller have the stereotype Jew logo which you see here on Sup Forums.