I just realized that I can't use android pay on my rooted OnePlus 5. Is there any way around this at the moment or no?

I just realized that I can't use android pay on my rooted OnePlus 5. Is there any way around this at the moment or no?

Enjoy your blacklisted device for anything related to android pay and bank apps :)

nope. can't use netflix on rooted devices either.
I keep my S8 stock

Use cash.

I thought that was pure android without carrier add ons. Why did you root it and what did that give you?

Look up Magisk. It's a game of cat and mouse though.

you should use the android pay botnet anyway but magisk

God damn. Well that's what I get for fucking around with stuff for fun without doing proper research. Thanks anyway

I was just repeatedly told how easy it is, plus it seems to allow you to run certain apps that require root access. Basically just did it for fun, did not realize what it would cause

So I can use magisk after having gone through the entire normal rooting process already?

yeah as long as your bootloader is unlocked you can do anything but your going to have to get rid of SuperSU and flash magisk instead.

Yes, but Google frequently upgrades SafetyNet and breaks it, forcing you to wait for a new version of Magisk.

Hey, if it makes you feel better, I rooted my android way back in the day (I was in high school still), and they blocked my account from ever accessing the app store again

It's the price of messing around with the OS. However, I wonder if you could emulate or something on it.

why would you root your phone anyways?

F-Droid

There is any way to partially root the device? Or bypass this shit, like blocked Netflix install?

My unrooted G4 runs f-droid fine.

People actually put up with this cucked botnet shit? What's next, that you don't even own your own phone oh wait

But does AdAway work

I can confirm it works for the most part, as far as host list blocking can work.

magisk SU

I used adaway for a little while when i was borrowing a friend's phone. it was super cool, but i'm not gonna give up functionality in applications i frequently use just to avoid ads.

I have a rooted samsung galaxy s6 edge with a custom rom, android and samsung pay do not work, but, my bank apps for chase and capital one still function. I never fell for the nfc meme, something about it makes me paranoid.

dns66 allows you to block ads without root

Use magisk retard

thanks for the rec, user!

Dns66 doesn't work at all for me. I just use firefox with ublock and newpipe, pretty much covers most ads without root.

But I want to block ads in Chrome and Youtube

chase and discover both work for root

The absolute state of lagshit

What?
Bank apps don't give a shit

Notch

Using Android pay is fucking retarded to begin with. How about you take your card out and hover it over the machine instead of wasting everyone's time unlocking your phone then turning on nfc then opening the payment app then verifying yourself then hovering it over the machine then failing because you forgot to turn on payment in the app then WOOO LOOK AT ME I'M SO MODERN

Fuck you.

Just use fucking Magisk and Magisk Manager to get around the SafetyNet

>blacklisted
>what is magisk including the magisk hide module
Found the iNigger

Can you pay just by waving your card in europe now? I'm pretty sure I still have to put mine in for it to read the new chip thing.

Yes, it's easy. Unroot, install Magisk systemless, and you're good to go. Pic related, my phone passing the safety net check

What? How long does it take you to unlock your phone? I use a fingerprint unlocker and tap it. It takes me less time than pulling my card from my wallet would. And I leave NFC enabled anyway, it's disabled unless the phone is unlocked silly

And also with Android Pay you don't have to do anything with the app, it works as long as the phone is unlocked. You should probably actually try it before assuming it's shit, it works really nicely these days

I unlocked the bootloader + flashed twrp on my tablet. How can I get around the unlocked bootloader warning upon boot? I need to flash SuperSU through OTG and for the life of me I can't boot into twrp past that bootloader warning fucker God dammit