Is britain even western? outside of the capital, its as poor as greece

is britain even western? outside of the capital, its as poor as greece

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_geoscheme_for_Europe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More western than everything east from it. :^)

> """"""""""Northern"""""""""" Europe

That's not Northern Europe.

Here's a map of European subregions, as by UN. Northern Europe is marked with dark blue. Light blue is Western Europe.

>hungary is eastern europe

hungary is also very cool

>groningen
>rich

I have a hard time believing even the worst northern post industrial neglected towns are worse than estonia and lithuania

That map is inane on too many levels. I don't give a darn about it being drawn by the UN for their kindergarten alumni or something. Putting Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania in the same block with Ireland or UK is batshit insane. And don't even get me started on everything else.
They don't seem to follow any sane criteria (of whichever kind, may it be even just a geographical one) in that "map".

for the first time since WW1 I am impressed by italy

Groningen might be one of the richest regions on paper.
But in reality it's one of the poorest regions of the Netherlands and Utrecht is one of the richest.
They just get natural gas out of the ground in Groningen, inflating it's gdp. But the population sees little of it.

You had your chance to be western and in '56 and it failed

we don't bring that up here

LEIDEN

City vs province, dumb faggot. The city is rich.

I meant the provinces. Utrecht is the richest province. Not the richest city.

Bloemendaal has the highest incomes.

Feels good mang.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ENJOY YOUR FUCKING BREXIT FUCKERS

>Nottinghamshire not on this list

Thank fuck. It usually is.

>They don't seem to follow any sane criteria (of whichever kind, may it be even just a geographical one) in that "map".
Well, no, they don't. And that's the whole point.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_geoscheme_for_Europe

>The UNSD notes that "the assignment of countries or areas to specific groupings is for statistical convenience and does not imply any assumption regarding political or other affiliation of countries or territories".

>And that's the whole point
Not following any sane criteria (not even a geographical one) is just. plain. retarded. And any "statistical convenience" will be retardedly skewed.

Worthless.

Is France even western then? hmm?

Generally though excluding Cornwall everything in in the southern area is pretty affluent, places like Kent have some poor towns but also have thriving commuter areas and rural places.

Everything above the midlands is almost a different culture.

Send help to Madrid, we aren't going to last much longer.

fixed