What are the chances of traveling to America with my sister (and actual money)...

what are the chances of traveling to America with my sister (and actual money), opening a bakery and don't explode in the attempt?

I already have, passports, visas, we even have a useless Italian citizenship

both of us are bakers/pastry cooks

I know I could win a fucktons of dollars, instead I'm being paid the minimum salary with fucking Argentine pesos, I'm tired of this shit, I deserve better, I'm still living with my parents, I will never put together the amount of pesos necessary to build a fucking house, this country is going to the shitter, Macri is not going to save us, everything is lost

6 am, going to the fucking work because I'm a wagecuck

>tfw you will never live a beautiful life as a baker with your imouto/wife
feelsbadman

Good luck competing with the big biz.
Micro bakeries are more of a Europe thing from my limited travels.

that's the idea, I think there aren't micro bakeries in USA, and I want to use dulce de leche in my products, why the fuck don't you eat dulce de leche???

We do, and even make better alfajores than your average :)

Looks like filtered milk?
We have yogurt instead.

>I think there aren't micro bakeries in USA
there are, local businesses are a thing up north and on the east coast. especially on the east coast.

not so much in the south or west coast.

im from pennsylvania and when i moved to the south i couldnt believe how much chains dominate here.

I'm talking to USA, fuck off

>yogurt

is not like that

I was thinking in the great lakes area..

i dont think you should be getting business advice from Sup Forums but i think you would have the best luck by far on the east coast. when i lived on the east coast there were lots of ethnic bakeries, i also lived in the great lakes and while there were local shops they were all very american.

i wouldnt expect to get rich from it or put all your eggs in that basket though

>ethnic bakeries

>i wouldnt expect to get rich from it or put all your eggs in that basket though

there can not get any worse than here

btw, do you eat these?

Americans won't want real bread m8 they eat cotton wool with corn syrup in it.

It would work if you open a gluten free or vegan bakery in NYC or Portland

>dulce de leche
Condensed sugar milk?
Most likely due better refrigeration back in the 30s.

>and while there were local shops they were all very american.
This is exactly why he should try there.
Its easier being big duck in a small pond, than to be a big duck among bigger ducks in a big pond.

Definitely doable. There a few small bakeries around my city. The problem is that North American cities are very suburban, and suburban types aren't going to drive out of their way to get to a small bakery when their supermarket has all the bread they need, however sad that bread is. For this reason you need a location that gets a lot of foot traffic, which can make it surprisingly difficult to find a good location.

Another problem is that people aren't aware that good bread exists. It's common for houses here to only have sliced bread.

I have no idea what this is, but it looks like something people would enjoy here.

If you're planning on opening a bakery and are willing to work hard, you can definitely do it in the US/Canada around the great lakes.

Just don't do it inside of a major city centre, people won't buy into it enough and your location will ALWAYS be wanted by someone else.

Go for the long game and move to a mid-sized town that is a thoroughfare for people in the area. You can work till you have enough to open (unless you already do) in one of the spots around town or if you have enough, open along the town's main street.

Become part of the town's culture.
Have people from around the area stop and pick things up.
Bake for the local restaurants and events on the side.

it's a milanesa/schnitzel

As a fellow argbro I have never been to the US but I really see it working out in big cities like NYC or seattle.

However definitely not in a country like Norway since as other people already mentioned everyone is used to buying the same 3 fucking kinds of pastry every supermarket has to offer at the same time they buy their groceries.

It might work in the long term but it would take a lot of sweat and particularly money in the meantime.

Best of luck and hope you get to escape while you can bro.

>definitely not in a country like Norway since as other people already mentioned everyone is used to buying the same 3 fucking kinds of pastry every supermarket has to offer
As an Austrian living here I can absolutely relate.

>There are no Norwegians living in Norway

>Become part of the town's culture.
>Have people from around the area stop and pick things up.
This is bad mixed advice.
The most important part for a bakery is to setup catering. Your sales from on shop will always be smaller than event ordering.
It will end up with something like 20-30% sales from shop, and 80-70% of the sales from catering.

Going from experience, events are not as profitable as regular catering. I.E securing a contract for county meetings or small corporation boards.

d-d you and your s-sister cuddle on c-cold nights?

I love the smell of bakeries.

I just meant to cover his bases once he's open.
He can sell to a bunch of different markets out of one place, and in the Great Lakes area if he manages to become "that bakery" word will spread fast, people here are willing to drive a bit for that kind of stuff especially if it's a town traffic goes through anyway.

You should probably go to a small town, someplace likely without much exotic food

Speaking of which, which state are you looking at moving to?

near the great lakes

y-yes, c-cuz w-we h-have n-no r-roof

You'll do fine, just make sure you say in your shop name that it's Argentinian or they'll assume you're a regular mexican restaurant

Also stay the fuck away from Detroit

This is even true in Norway, outside of the big cities.
The popular bakeries/cafes are usually not located in Urban areas, but areas where cars pass trough.
The most important thing is for the bakery or café to be willing to actually drive their catering somewhere.

Basically you are looking to occasionally deliver larger goods in a 2-3 hour drive limit. But these long drivers will be the main seasonal profit.
Most of the driving will be to the local town area, 10-20 minutes of driving. These will be the main revenue source.
The bakery/café itself is only open as:
1. A store front, to allow people to know it exists
2. Having staff on site to take catering orders
3. Having daily production of goods, allowing daily storage, allowing on site catering when orders arrive
4. Allowing daily wage for the workers
Even then, past some point, you need to distribute flyers or something, to set up a proper catering service.

If I were you, I'd open up a shop in a downtown area for the same reason that said.

bumping

what states near the lakes you recommend, new york?

>useless Italian citizenship
Are you retarded? Why the fuck you want to go to usa if you already have an Italian citizenship? You have pick any country in EU.
You will spend a century to get legal residency in usa.

I have a thing with Islam

(I don't speak Italian)

>I have a thing with Islam

Lel do you think there are no muslims in USA? Not to mention mexicans and niggers. Remember USA is only 60% white.
Learn italian or other language, you can pick any european country and don't have to deal with any immigration procedures.

You can try to move into a small town on the east coast. Here it's much better for small businesses. They also have programs to help small businesses.

>Remember USA is only 60% white

do you really believe that shit that Argentina is 97% European?, we are being overrunned by Bolivians and Peruvians since the 80's, there are niggers (bad niggers) everywhere

>Learn italian or other language, you can pick any european country and don't have to deal with any immigration procedures

but a microbakery will not be something special there

Have you ever thought about, I dont know, going to colleage? If you dont want to live as a wagecuck getting paid minimun wage you should get an education&work harder

I studied system engineering, you know what?, it sucks, its hard, nobody gives a shit about you or your 12 hours a day work, and the best of the best, IS NOT EVEN WELL PAYED

and I was so mad at this shit that when I quit my last code monkey job I joined the military

don't you understand? I WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS FUCKING SHITHOLE

*PAID, jesus christ

Get ready to be called mexican because you speak spanish.

the Spanish of the Rio de la Plata is noticeable different from the Mexican and the Castillan

NorthEast tends to be better about that, and he said Great Lakes so he might be fine.

also, is not like you are going to meet me speaking with other Argies, I'm actually running from them

Oh, I will know the difference, since I speak spanish a little bit to customers. Mexican spanish sounds very different, but some states are full of ignorant people like that.
But then again, knowning spanish is a good talent to have here.
Oh, if that is the case, he will be fine. Most are not like that. Here in the south, forget about it!
Why you want to run away?Nothing wrong with moving and trying new things. I think a bakery is fine. My city has several bakeries with different types. They give out loans to foreigners for business all the time. I think you can make it if you know how to advertise. But let me give you advice. Go for the hipsters. Hipsters love small time shops and shit like that. Mostly others go to big chains, but if you live in the right part of town or a good size town that is not large city styled, you will do good.
Good luck and may god be with you, and welcome whenever you come.

What happened to the roof man?

mexicans are actually pretty cool from my experience, though sadly I cant say the same concering the majority of black folk ive met

If mexicans can open up bakeries, then an Argentine can too.You have to get citizenship first though which insanely difficult to get. You'd also have to move to a business friendly state with lax taxes so nothing on the west coast. Best bet is probably Texas since you can get away with using Spanish

Most places in Europe have good bread, though.

Most small businesses fail, just sayin'.

>opening a bakery and don't explode in the attempt?
What did he mean by this?
>Micro bakeries are more of a Europe thing from my limited travels.
Go to any major city and they are all over and it's a highly competitive field.

>I think there aren't micro bakeries in USA
If you think that you will be asspained by all the existing micro-bakeries in the Northeast corridor. They have ones that just do cupcakes or macaroons or breads from one country.

It's OK, I see that on your reality channels, I don't plan on doing any of those things, I want to make facturas (pic related)

Interesting. I would suggest a wealthier suburb or a major city. The real estate won't be as expensive as in the downtown area but the people will still have money and be into specialty items.
t.Someone who lived around those types of suburbs and lives in NYC now.

Probably around 30%
You can maximise your probability if you choose right
Go to a big city, the rent will be higher but you really need those city folk who want to try "authentic" foods, and other immigrants from your country that work in the city and are homesick. Portland, LA, Austin. Philidelphia, ect. If it doesn't have a million people probably don't want to go there.
Be carefull with managing your money, making poor financial decisions is what hurts a lot of people, hire a jew to manage your pocketbook.
Try and reach out to the community, people just knowing you exist makes it more likley that they'll go there versus some no name place.

you can go to any country in the EU, why go to the USA? just go to Finland or something

Theres a Brazilian bakery near me that sells pastries like those, they have 6 years of being in business.

and you like them?

>Trying to sell americans something they don't want
You will have to adjust to the market, you might squeeze some facturas in the mix, but you have to do the staple pastries if you want to attract the american populace.

They were alright when I tried them, just not really my thing. I go to a sandwich shop next door and look out the window sometimes, it's mostly south Americans that go there but sometimes white people do. That's why I think your best bet would be somewhere with a lot of people because south american pastries are a very niche market, people here don't really eat them, especially not ones with meat.

>especially not ones with meat.
Not him, but, pastries with meat? wtf?

I'm pretty sure that with less than $1M to invest and no employment offer you'll be told to GTFO.
Did you even look into getting green cards/permanent resident status?

Even if you get there you'll most likely run out of money in a few months and crash the bussiness, but whatever, it's your money.

Stuff like meat pies.

You could maybe do it in a smaller town if your prices weren't shit and your food was good. I think you'd have too much competition in a big city.

How exactly are you getting permanent residence??

We eat ones with fruit, vegetables and chocolate. Also people eat croissants which have no filling.