Only new features are AR stickers and animated emoji

>only new features are AR stickers and animated emoji
>$1000+ price tags

What the fuck is going on?

You can send $1000 memes

Remember when you could get a top of the line Android phone that would last years and didn't have gimped features, for ~$300?

>paying more than $200 for a phone

Nah, I had a Nexus 4 and didn't appreciate the lack of SD card reader on a 16 GB device (largest they had then) and the lack of a removable battery when every other Android manufacturer was still doing this.

Adults have contracts sweaty, really sorry you can't afford $50 a month pumpkin. Must really suck.

>contracts

Imagine not buying your phones outright because you can't save up more than a few hundred at once.

Financing a car or home is adult.

Financing a phone is ghetto.

contracts are memes.
they cost more than the equivalent auto-renewing prepaid from the same provider, you have to be some kind of idiot to actually be on contract.

>I didn't pay $1000 for this shoddy phone, I paid only $50 (20 times)!

Imagine being such a brainlet that you can't comprehend simple arithmetic.

Financing usually ends up being more than the base price of the phone too.

well yeah, why else would they do it?
even if it was cheaper, you're only eligible by being on the higher tier contracts that you probably don't need.
Unless I suppose you're one of those faggots on the commercials who watch Netflix on the bus, in which case why are you bragging about your expensive phone if you need to take the bus?

>Unless I suppose you're one of those faggots on the commercials who watch Netflix on the bus, in which case why are you bragging about your expensive phone if you need to take the bus?

Some of us care about the environment sweatheart, not everyone wants a disgusting fuel guzzling vehicle. Are you OK with that cupcake, or do you want to spray some more aerosols to cover up your BO?

>acting superior about having to sit in a mosque with wheels

>sweaty

>sweatheart

>MACHINE LEARNING

When will solar powered USB power banks be usable?

>In less than 6 months, Apple will release the SE2, which will have an OLED screen, the A11 chip, but will have bezels and a button, and will cost less than half the price of the iPhone X.

I make enough money to buy things right away but it doesn't matter how you pay for stuff.
You can also view it as a $300 meme if you was going to buy the 8 anyway.

I paid $586 for my xiaomi mi mix 2, with no contract it's $23/mo for unlimited calling/text/1gb data.

My phone service is only $276/yr, combined with the cost of the phone I just bought it's $1136 for 24 months. Meanwhile the fucking iphone x here STARTS at $1313 for just the fucking phone. I get an equivalent phone and 2 years of service for cheaper than an iphone X itself by not being a fucking retard.

just because people piss away their money being retards like you doesn't mean it's the best option, I'd rather invest my money into vanguard ETFs so I can jack myself off to death with a sex robot later in the apocalypse

What plan and carrier?

public mobile, it's a BYOD 90 day prepaid plan, it's $33/mo and each person you refer is $1 off per month on your bill, I have 9 referrals from showing it to family and coworkers (usually converting people over from getting ass fucked by $100/mo iphone plans), and then I have a 3% discount on the $24 for being with them for 3 years, so my monthly bill before tax works out to $23.28

He's using a MVNO, basically a carrier that piggybacks off the network of one of the major carriers. Public mobile for instance operates on the Telus network in Canada.

The reason his bill is so low is because of the 1gb data, possibly at 3G speed instead of LTE. Low cost plans like this are designed for people who barely ever use any data and rely on Wifi. You can find a bunch of MNVOs in the US too. Google's Project Fi runs off of T-Mobile and Sprint's network and costs $30/month for unlimited calling/text/1gb data and gives you up to $10 in credit on your bill depending on how much data you used that month, without needing to use referrals or anything like that (though they also offer discounts for referals AFAIK). Project Fi is hardly the only one either, there's Mint, Cricket, Ting, Tello, Straight Talk and a whole bunch of others off the top of my head that offer similar low cost plans for unlimited calling/text/1gb data

Unlimited calling & text means fucking nothing cause it's universal with almost all plans regardless of whether you're on an MNVO or paying more for a big carrier. You're paying for data and the coverage/quality of service with modern cellphone plans.

They already are. If you buy them separately. You need a anker 21w or ravpower one that has a little more solar wattage, then you couple that with a power bank.

You also get the notch

Former Nexus 5 owner here. I will miss the customization and community around it.

I won't miss the actual hardware and build quality. The phone was built worse than a Happy Meal toy.

Moto g5+ here, came from iPhone 7

Best $200 i ever spent

Except with T-Mobile. Their financing price is retail / 24. It's pretty nice. The catch is, unless you pay an additional $10 for the jump program you're stuck with it for the full 24 months. You can't turn it back in and stop paying on it. You can, however, finance a second phone on that line at any time if you don't mind paying the financing on two phones. (Though you could always sell the first one and pay it off since it's yours)

Stockholder syndrome.
They must shit out a newer and "better" piece of shit every year or their salaries will be in danger.
You will never see the perfect turd from then because that would mean the end of their careers.

>a car and a good phone
>or just an okay phone

Which do I buy?

trump won

>spent more than $300 for a (((chink)))phone

iPhone X looks different. People like to show they have the new iPhone.

Never, really.

Solar cells aren't that efficient, placing them on the back of your power bank and having to adjust it manually to maximize sunlight isn't practical, increasing battery bank and device capacities only makes the problem worse.

You're better off buying a decent size panel and trying to charge your battery banks from it.

>What the fuck is going on?
maybe you've been living in a cave OP, this fucking thing scans your face in 3D for the NSA and unlocks the phone afterwards

>Piggybacks off the telus network

They literally are telus, you can't even sign up with the same email address as your telus or koodo accounts because they all use the same backend account systems

At least Pixels have funny color names.

The city of Pixel 2 design.

Also, phones have stayed literally the same for five years and high end price has tripled, nice.

>nostalgia
I used that phone for 5 years, it was built like a rock, before getting the iphone 6s, which has barley lasted two and already fucking up and can't take a hit.

it's a sad thing our tech journey has ended here. I have no faith left in humanity

Are contracts in America that expensive?
I pay 14€ for 14GB (full speed, its actually unlimited but the speed goes down after 14gb) and unlimited calls and texts.
Oh and I can get out of the contract anytime.

actually no, for the pixlel 2 it's the price of the phone divided by 24 months. Verizon and the other burger carriers are the same way. They do financing because subsidizing the entire phone outright was getting ridiculous even with contracts with manufacturers, so they just said "hey now instead of paying 700 dollaroos right now you can pay it over 24 months (just like those pesky 2 year service contracts we 'got rid of'!)

so they coaxed everyone out of two year contracts and instead coaxed everyone into...two year contracts. The prices remained the same, if not more because now people are actually buying phones yearly because "oh I only gotta pay monthly now"

1gb of data....
i tear through my 20gb every month how do you survive?

poorfags these days holy shit

The camera on that phone sucks my wife sons dick. How can you tolerate such low quality sandeep?