Second best thing to ever happen to computers after the internet

Second best thing to ever happen to computers after the internet.

I hope you meant M.2 SSDs

both are good

Largely placebo, so what?

third is Ryzen

>placebo
shut the fuck up
HDD's are heaps slower and you fucking know it and also the size and weight difference

Ah yes, a processor that still gives no reason to upgrade over Sandy Bridge.

Oh noes, Chrome takes 1.5 seconds to open instead of 1. That;s if you reboot, and who the hell reboots?

>web browsers are the only software in existence
:)

>using chrome
oh i see sorry to bother you pleb have a botnet day

I recently got a 500 MB 850 pro for 200€ and couldn't be happier. Those that claim placebo either come from a RAID 0 build or talk bullshit.

>He uses Failfox
No wonder you need a SSD.

actually fair point all browsers are trash
i'm using firefox nightly

Most software doesn't take long to open.

>RAID 0 build
Won't help against the access times.

Yep, now what do we need to improve?

Or perhaps they're just not incompetent.

Monitors and Display technologies.

What about cooling in laptops?

>laptops
gtfo

fuck off

Thanks for the (You)

>he only has a desktop

What's it like to be dumb and poor? I have several laptops, desktops are pointless because I don't play video games.

Fuck off with that crap, I had to go without a desktop for a month because I moved and needed some stuff and having to work exclusively on laptops is excruciating.
Even with an added keyboard, if you don't have an extra screen you'll enjoy neck pains from having to look down all the time (unless you're a manlet). And they don't perform as smoothly as desktops can with heavy workloads.

I have multiple laptops and desktops - but there's no point in bitching about laptop cooling, they're small, cramped, and expected to do high performance stuff.

Browse with your laptop and leave CPU intensive stuff to your desktop, kiddos

>you'll enjoy neck pains from having to look down all the time (unless you're a manlet)

I have a chair you fucking troglodyte. My W530 performs just fine in heavy workloads. Anything more and it would be called 'work' or something to offload to a server. These are personal machines.

lol, there's plenty of room in there to cool properly. I was talking about proper laptops, like MPB's

not really if you've been using a pc for 20 years

>500 MB 850 pro for 200€
>500 mb
>200€
>Those that claim placebo
You robbed yourself. It's perceived grandness is left on your denial that you've essential tossed your money down the sink

>Witcher 3 map loads for over 1 minute
vs
>map loads under 3 seconds
>cloning a 10 GB VM takes two minute
vs
>cloning 10 GB takes 20 seconds
>waking from hibernation takes two minutes
vs
>waking from hibernation takes less than 10 seconds
My literal experience after the upgrade

>2 minutes to wake
An XPS 8500 will boot Windows 10 in 17 seconds off a 500GB WD Black FAEX.

>not just having your data in 3 constantly synchronised ramdisks

That's one of the top end hdds abs still slower

110MB/s ain't close to top tier anymore.

>500 MB

especially the weight. My 1TB HDD was hard as a rock and weighed about 1/4 lb. The 850 evo I replaced it with is featherlight compared to it.

He meant GB. They don't sell 500MB.

Batteries. Or more power efficient architecture

>Second best thing
Third best thing you mean. The laser/optic sensor in your mouse replacing the shitty rubber ball is second.