How do I make Manjaro KDE faster on my old notebook?

How do I make Manjaro KDE faster on my old notebook?

remove it in favor of xfce

use xfce

install arch

lol

>kde
>fast
>stable

pick none

If you're going to run manjaro you should've at least gone for manjaro i3.

KDE is not for old shitbooks

Disable compositing.

Why do people use kde? not trying to meme. It is heavy as hell and not even good looking.
You get the same functionality with mate and even xfce and far lighter

it is heavy but is customizable "easily". Has it's own "store" to easy download and install components without even touching the terminal.

you forgot the most important element of this, its not gnome

I second manjaro i3, it's excellent.

install gentoo with -Ofast

kek

but why choose between the two?

muh previews in a file picker

>Manjaro
too retarded to install arch
>KDE
too retarded to configure XFCE

you're like the stupidest fucker to post on Sup Forums in a while.

Damn, guys like u are cancer of Linux society

we're not cancer, and you're not in the society. fuck off

install Manjaro i3

>Damn, guys like u are cancer of Linux society
You're the real cancer, retard. You're just too fucking stupid. You picked a customized fork of Arch (that's also unstable) and uses a customized XFCE theme yet you want to run KDE on top of it.
None of your choices make any sense, troglodyte.

Take your extra chromosomes and go back to plebbit.

Don't call your virgin club Linux society, that won't make you less loser

Ya don't know what am I running, I'm not OP genius

>what is macOS and why is it better than your alternatives if you don't opt for tiling master race

owned

Two options:

1. Use XFCE
2. Install Arch then Plasma with proper drivers

I don't know why you're putting things in scare quotes. KDE is customized easily - a lot more easily than most DE's - and it does have a store to download and install components from.

Mate is shit and xfce is dead, so there is that.

1. uninstall kde
2. install i3

>he doesn't run plasma+i3

fall for the tiling mw meme (like i3) or at least something like openbox (memebox).

also this. one of X11's flaws is that compositing costs few steps in rendering so disabling it does really give graphics speed.

Works on my machine

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux society, is in fact, GNU/Linux society, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux society. Linux is not a society unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning society made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU society every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU society, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

You don't
Install Artix

>plasma
gross

You're using the literally heaviest DE along with the buggiest Distro out there. My humble recommendation: do a backup of your files, u install that shit and move to Xubuntu.

just download more RAM

serious: Get an SSD you can install as much RAM and CPU as you want and get a SLIGHT speedup, but get an SSD on a old computer and it's 20 times faster.

>the literally heaviest DE
That's gnome

Turn off compositing for starters.

Then really reconsider if you truly want to use KDE that badly. I'm a KDEfag and the only way I'll use it is on my laptop with 8GB RAM, quad core A8, and a hybrid drive with the OS stored on the SSD part of the drive and /home on the 7200RPM HDD side.

That said, I am also running a ton of other shit like VMs and steam, but really if you want the best KDE experience i recommend Neon. Lowest resource usage I've ever seen out of the box with KDE hands down.

install trinity

3.5 was the last good kde

Get an ssd

I can't believe nobody in the thread has said this yet

Step Fucking 1 for any old laptop. Even if it's stuck on SATA 2 or even 1 speeds.

I only have a shitty 5400 RPM in my x230, still fast as shit because I'm not trying to load a gig of bloat into ram every time I open a terminal

highest kek

>first reply not "install gentoo"

You'll still be blown away

When you turn it on the boot up text will fly by in less than half a second and you'll already be at login

Also helps things like browsers start wat faster.

>KDE
>Old netbook

KDE is inherently slow, the point of KDE is to be AIO and look nice its not meant to run on old hardware. Either upgrade or switch to something lighter

Dumb anime poster

Just go for xfce. It is less bloated, faster, pretty customizable too and it works better on older hardware.

source of girl on the right showing her feet?

wew. someone surely knows how the world works. seems like the only thing that makes you special is knowing the ways of installing arch, which my retarded nephew could do with the arch wiki install guide

Anime website