Paranoid my computer is compromised

>paranoid my computer is compromised

is there a worse hell? Is it time for another reformat?

Other urls found in this thread:

hothardware.com/news/amd-confirms-it-will-not-be-opensourcing-epycs-platform-security-processor-code
arm.com/products/security-on-arm/trustzone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If it's Intel with ME capability you are already compromised at the hardware level.

amd gang

how many times have you reformatted your PC? in the past two and a half years i've formatted it once cause i know what to and what not to download/click

That basic format you do when you install the OS won't get rid of malware that hides itself in special hidden parts of the drive

So you don't need to actually install management engine to be fucked?

Just buy a new hdd and install fresh then use a secure machine to evaluate the old hdd's files and verify they are safe.

Reformatting on Windows is usually because you got so much garbage installed it's easier to just start fresh.

On Linux I do the same every 3-5 years. Buy a new hdd, install fresh and copy over the stuff I actually need as I need it. Usually 90% of it is stuff I don't actually need.

It's a piece of UEFI, user
What you're installong is but a mere client

AMD is similarly compromised famalam. Same with ARM. There are some SoC's that aren't (some POWER variants for example) but they're very expensive.

[citation needed]

Unlikely. The chance that a blackhat examines your machine out of 600 others is even more slim. Anyway, you got compulsive issues, not paranoia.

Note that compulsive behavior is kind of chicken pox, something that you'll get over eventually. Paranoia on the other hand is a fatal disease.

>reformat
>still feel dirty

liveboot and
# dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/sda

>what is google
>AMD
hothardware.com/news/amd-confirms-it-will-not-be-opensourcing-epycs-platform-security-processor-code
>ARM
arm.com/products/security-on-arm/trustzone

1. get a thinkpad X200 or anything compatible with libreboot
2. install libreboot
3. install FSF approved distro
4. use exclusively free software
5. experience truest bliss

>not downloading everything through vpn
>not running all inbound and outbound connections through a virtual machine
>not custom installing your own boot and OS
>not using custom processors

Its like you want to be hacked.

Is this really what its gonna take for me to feel secure?

>compile project from sauce
>someone put a space in between
>rm -rf /usr /some/shit/here

Install free software.

Never felt so at ease in my life.

If I let my hard disk defragment over night am I safe from having to re-format it? I mean NTFS file system is still ok and I don't know if you can covert file system on the go.

>I mean NTFS file system is still ok
It is not.

Computer viruses cannot survive in the hostile environment of the microwave. Try blasting those MS.32/Sassers with some kilowatts.

If you use any processor younger than core2, your pc is already compromised.

You know NTFS stands for Never Trust File Systems

pretty much

It's AMD's PSP and people were pressuring them to release the source for it until one day they said no before the Zen release.

I use windows often so I cannot let go of it as windows is stupid and doesn't know how to work with something else :(

Yeah, but it's almost unusable if all you do is browse web since most websites use JS.

>Spend days securing laptop
>Leave the house with NSA listening device anyway

you forgot

>get UI errors every time you change theme
>or just don't use a UI
>six terminals open at all times, no exceptions
>have to build from source 50% of the time to get same functionality as non-free OS
>can't have a job because your team might be using Skype for a project

> is there a worse hell?
yeah, getting captured and tortured by ISIS then executed by being burned slowly in front of their high quality camera and then the whole world keep watching your agonizing death for generations to come

uefi in general is compromised

opensparcs are cheap as fuck

coreboot is fine and runs on more and newer devices. also runs on decent desktop and server boards

I think it's time you get your daily shot of antipsychotics desu senpai :^)