HAHAHA FUCKING APPLE FAGS IT'S OVER. YOUR COMPANY CAN'T EVEN MAKE A SECURE FILESYSTEM

HAHAHA FUCKING APPLE FAGS IT'S OVER. YOUR COMPANY CAN'T EVEN MAKE A SECURE FILESYSTEM

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/10/security-and-compatibility-problems-make-for-a-rough-apfs-transition/
support.apple.com/en-us/HT208168
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/05/in-a-throwback-to-the-90s-ntfs-bug-lets-anyone-hang-or-crash-windows-7-8-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCK FUCK FUCK HOW DO I DOWNGRADE, THIS ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPENING WTF

wut?

Good news for Tyrone.

kek

> I CAN'T AFFORD THESE HIGH-END APPLE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND IMACS
> I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE AT THE STORE LET ALONE USED ONE YET I'M MAD AT THEM
> I'M SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND MAD AT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS
> I'M OUT OF MY AUTISM PILLS TODAY BECAUSE MY ANXIETIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS ARE PREVENTING ME FROM LEAVING MY MOM'S BASEMENT
> I'M NOW SHIFTING ALL THE HATE TOWARDS THINGS I CANNOT HAVE
> I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ON AUTISM Sup ForumsENERAL FORUM ABOUT IT SO I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE MY LIFE IS
> I KEEP ON POSTING BULLSHIT MEMES BECAUSE IT'S ALL I CAN DO. JUST LOOK AT THE ARCHIVE AND MD5 OF MY POSTS TO SEE THE LEVEL OF MY ILLNESS
> PS: SOMEONE PLS KILL ME BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO DO IT MYSELF
> PPS: PLEASE! MY FAMILY IS SICK OF ME AND WANTS ME GONE. JUST HELP ME END IT ALL
the post

that's not Gentoo

OS X (TM) is officially certified as UNIX (TM).
That must mean it's a secure OS for professionals.

Oh no... Guess I'll just not upgrade until they fix it. What a tragedy.

How is windows 10 handling updates these days?

>relying on closed source encryption
>relying on data handling schemes controlled more by apple than you
>especially when it's not clear that the said company has any responsibility or even any intent let alone any focus to provide the service as implied by the advertising
quite literally pleb grade security

IT
JUST
WORKS

Nice

Now applefags gonna blame windows for something and all tux are going to laught.

ayyyy nice tripsss apple fags on suicide watch

What's weird is there were a couple clearly-shill threads about this filesystem made on Sup Forums. They claimed APFS will be open sourced in the new future.

macfag here

they already put out a patch, suicide averted.

Nice pasta. This is actually pretty bad though.

>set pwd: dontdisplaythis
>set hint: dontdisplaythis
>clicked show_hint ...
"OMG MY PASSWORD IS SHOWN IN PLAIN TEXT! IT IS APPEL'S FALT!"

It's not the hint text, see

Meanwhile
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/10/security-and-compatibility-problems-make-for-a-rough-apfs-transition/

Can Apple do anything right these days?

At this point, unless you have a need for certain proprietary programs, there is no reason to use MacOS. GNU/Linux or even (cuck license) *BSD are just simply better.

Unfortunately, I do have a need for those proprietary programs, which is why I run GNU/Linux distros in a Virtualbox, and pretty much only use the host OS for work purposes

Eh still would use macos over win

>software developer of Apple are retarders.

Turns out this wasn't due to APFS but someone fucking up the Disk Utility tool.

still, they stored the password in plain text somewhere.

probably due to them microdosing on LSD while writing enterprise software

Can confirm the bug is still there in 10.13.1

Fucking "microdosing" pricks

Even worse if by design the password is stored on plain text somewhere on the FS as said.

You need to backup the data, nuke the volume and create a new one then move the data back, which gives credence to
that the password is stored in plain text within an unencrypted part of the volume.

>APPLE FAGS
I'll never get this mentality. It's just plain brand loyalty. Sonyfags, NIntendofags, Windowsfags. Why don't you just use what you like and let everyone do the same? Aren't you embarrassed to be such an obvious slave to capitalism? Believe it or not, these companies really don't care about you.

>Why don't you just use what you like and let everyone do the same?
Because that means they win.
It's like I don't even know you anymore, user.

>floppy disks are computers

Go off my board you illiterate piece of human garbage.

I.

Wow actually how does this even happen? Like it's. You click the button. It takes five seconds.

MacOS has games, unlike your shitty linux

Loving EVERY laugh.

Holy shit I thought this was shitty bait. It's not.

This is just pathetic.

>can apple do anything right these days?
no

Kys apple cockrider

There's already an update to fix this though. Bug publicized today and both patched today. Pretty dope desu.

>being this new

>apple
>security

only pedos encrypt their drives

>having autism this bad
user, I have no idea how you interpreted my post that way.

no fucking way

I'm a drug dealer came to use to show off my beard. My disks are encrypted so my beard will be rated, not my anus size.

Nice denial you got there and i thought my pam/fingerprint configuration is retarded. Apple have no competition in retarded software development.

>applel fanbois get this mad when pajeet fucks up and they feel just a little ripped off

Alright here's your final (you).

Shitty bait, user.

Any credible source on this? Sounds like q dumb ruse

>

>this uma delicia brazilian leaked it online rather getting getting 200k from apple for reporting a huge security bug

>he's using windows XP and IE to post it

Living on mommy's sopa de macaco is more comfy.

>local only attack
>already patched
So, where is the problem?

Even if this was what happens, that alone would be inexcusable.

The fact that they even let something this stupid pass their QR.

does this bug still persist after reboot when you make a new volume?

the password is not intentionally stored, the hint is stored and they fucking wired the password input to the hint controller in disk utility

>support.apple.com/en-us/HT208168
>If macOS High Sierra shows your password instead of the password hint for an encrypted APFS volume

>wired the password input to the hint controller in disk utility

There's no wiring involved, doofus.

Apple needs to fire pajeets and hire white men again.

it a literal drag and drop line in interface builder

>Apples filesystem encryption logic was designed in an interface builder

This is why you don't introduce and replace your current the filesystem as quickly as Apple did. It took Microsoft YEARS of testing NTFS before it finally replaced FAT32 as the default filesystem.

Both of you are fucking retards if you think this has anything to do with APFS itself and not just a shitty interface bug that was placing the wrong text field input into the local playlist file.

You're a fucking retard if you don't think properly testing it over a longer period of time wouldn't have caught this before it ever went alive. They should have been dog fooding it for years.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/05/in-a-throwback-to-the-90s-ntfs-bug-lets-anyone-hang-or-crash-windows-7-8-1/

Man, fuck, sounds like Microsoft should've worked on it longer.

Shit happens. In this case, it was a laughably horrid bug that had major implications about security. The only reason why it went undetected for so long is most likely due to the fact that rarely anyone creates portable encrypted volumes in macOS. This bug has not affected the actual main APFS container, or any APFS volumes made after the update. It affects ONLY .dmg volumes made with APFS.

Hahahahhahaha

reminder

no, the password entry text box widget in the disk utility app was designed in interface builder

>needs physical access to the machine
>disk encryption would prevent this.
Its a nothing burger. Try harder.

Let me know when you find gaping holes in the disk encryption software.

Facepalm with the force of a thousand suns.

Hope heads roll after this. Not only because they showed the password field, but because it wasn't hashed in the first place.

How many neckbeards have their Chinese pedo drawings in their encrypted drives going through the airport right now?

grub2 vulnerability

>Not only because they showed the password field, but because it wasn't hashed in the first place.
you are not following what the problem was here

pretty much

A password wasn't hashed and then they showed the unhashed password in plain text

Holy fuck you are retard

You're a fucking idiot.

Great job Applel.

>>>>>>APFS
>>>>>>>>>>>>CASE SENSITIVE

What.
Wait what
The FS is case insensitive by default
The. Fuck.

You mean like ntfs?

NTFS is case sensitive.

But I haven't used that garbage in a long time.

Windows is case sensitive, not NTFS.

That didn't even log you into the system. It only bypassed a bootloader password if you had one. You would still need to log into the actual user account and decrypt disks if they were encrypted.

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Further proof that Apple and their users are fucking retards

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

Oh fuck this is gold. Apple users are fucking dipshits. Hope these fags have fun with their shiny little faggot toys.

>Rich Company sucking shitload of money from hipsters and "elite" with rich parents.
>Makes "Totally professionall OS" for computers with bigger price than regular pc
>Fuck up in simple displaing of right variable

>Company sucking shitload of money from hipsters and "elite" with rich parents.
>Makes "Totally professionall OS"
>Fuck up in simple displaing of right variable.
Pay for your "Quality" applesheep

Wew, I wonder how many people rely on grub2 passwords.

The fix was already out.

Steve is holding the Apple because is company is called Apple
Bill is holding the floppy disk because his company is called MicroSoft

I tried it on boot (boot encrypted). Didn't work. Tried it on Linux Mint's login (home folder encrypted). Didn't work.

Other way around