/pcbg/ - PC Building General - when will corelets ever learn

General:
>If your build isn't completely Poverty-tier, consider an SSD. Consider buying a large SSD for the price of an HDD + SSD, and saving 50$ to buy an HDD
>If your build needs Wifi, you will need a Wireless Network Adapter. General rule of thumb is more than 2 antennas. 2.4ghz or 5.
>Windows 7 with RYZEN setup tips
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>Remember, we're not here to build a PC for you, we're here to help you
>View this handy guide on picking parts (MSRP)
logicalincrements.com/
>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>If your part list needs a monitor, include information like response time, refresh rate, and resolution
>State the budget & currency for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaymen, Video Editing, etc
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on other channels)
youtube.com/watch?v=VhdV2wv3jQs

CPUs:
No i5's unless discounted
>A8-9600 (APU) - Poverty-tier builds (At this point, if it's for gaymen, you should just buy an Optiplex and put a GPU in)
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (~500)
>R3 1300x - Gap between 1200 & Ryzen 5, consider a 1400 if you need multithreading
>R5 1600 - Best bang for your buck with gaymen & mixed uses, 1600x if you don't like overclocking
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper - Heavy multi-tasking & mixed uses, not just for gaymen

GPUs:
Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up, using an old GPU or waiting to build may be a good idea right now.
>1050 TI - 1080p 60hz at low/medium settings
>RX 580 - 1080p 60hz at high/ultra settings, supports Freesync
>1060 6GB - 1080p 60hz at high/ultra settings, supports G-Sync
>1070/Vega 56 - 1080p 144hz at high/ultra settings, or 1440p 60hz at high/ultra settings
>1080 TI - 1440p 144hz at high/ultra settings, or 4k 60hz at high/ultra settings

RAM:
RAM costs so much because newer phones use DDR4 memory.
>Check your Mobo's QVL
>Ryzen CPUs benefit a lot from high speed RAM, 3200MHz is ideal

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/GFmgvV
amazon.com/Acer-R271-bid-27-inch-Display/dp/B01DM2D8TW/ref=cm_wl_huc_item
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>No i5's unless discounted

>CPU: no intel listed even though they just literally launched a few hours ago
>GPU: Vega (lel) 56

AMDrones need to wake up

Well it's still not out so, technically it's correct.

I love my Ryzen.

>game from 4 years ago that no one plays

will amd ever recover?

Can you actually buy one, though?
Thought so.

Are R7 1800X and 1700X noticably better overclockers statistically compared to R7 1700? Microcenter is selling the R7 1700 for $260 and the R7 1700X for $270, only $10 more. All I care about is the OC, I don't care that the X models don't have a cooler because I will be reusing a dark rock pro 3 cooler that destroys the stock junk of the 1700.

Shitposting here isnt bringing back the investors, brian.

DELET

>(you)

they are higher binnings

In games, the i5 8400 is theoretically about 15% stronger than the R5 1600X

pottery

>IQ: Very High

However, at 1080p, the real difference between the 1600/X and the i5 8400 is about 5 - 6%

So I was asking last thread I'm thinking of building my own gaming PC but have no experience with doing so are there any recommended starting points to learning?

>720p

Why would anyone test such an unrealistic situation? If someone own a monitor that shitty they're not wealthy enough to look at brand new stuff.

plus you can OC both 1600s while 8400 is locked
and the price should come down a bit soon

What way are you talking about, picking out parts or the actual act of putting it together?

it's so theres no gpu throttling which results in pic related

and not overclockable, and certainly not better than anything amd has to offer

because hes shilling

they fucked up the benchmark and you are pretty stupid if you cant see that pajeet

Was gonna build a 1060 + ryzen 5 1600 rig, should I consider i5-8400 ? looking to spend no more than 1100 euros

no

These results make no sense.

isnt going to stop him from shilling though

would AMD make my IDE's and whatnot faster? Does it matter when programming ?

What machine god did they pray to make i5 better than anything else?

How much does the i5-8400 and Z370 cost in your country?

Why are so many benchmarks using a 1080ti at 1080p. Seems retarded because any cpu will bottleneck the ti there

let me just fix this up
>bring back i5 8600K, 8400.
>Ryzen isn't compatible with Windows 7, you have to use the botnet
>add 1060 3GB for 1080p gaming
>Vega 56 isn't a thing, not with prices in the US being damaged by miners, better off with a used 1070

the german amazon doesn't have the 8400 yet, the Z370 is a bit above 200 euros

pcpartpicker.com/list/GFmgvV

this is the build i came up with

To "make sure there's isn't gpu bottleneck" which is fucking retarded because no one is buying 1080 ti to play on 1080p.

G8560 when?

Whats this?

If they ran the benchmarks at 1440p or 4k then there would be almost no difference right?
Why show game benchmarks when they are not even relevant?

the power supply has extra wires
just make sure everything you have is plugged in

Both really first advice I got was pick a monitor went with >amazon.com/Acer-R271-bid-27-inch-Display/dp/B01DM2D8TW/ref=cm_wl_huc_item
Because I'm looking for cheap but good and I'm fine with 1080p everything else above that is worth more then I'm willing to spend

>Why would anyone do benchmarks on setups that make sense

Gee I wonder why, Juan. Those CPUs ain't gonna sell themselves.

>bring back i5 8600K, 8400.
overpriced, hot, not multithreaded, and unavaible
>Ryzen isn't compatible with Windows 7, you have to use the botnet
false
>add 1060 3GB for 1080p gaming
>3gb
>current year
AHAHAHHAHAH nice joke
>Vega 56 isn't a thing, not with prices in the US being damaged by miners, better off with a used 1070
Aparrently that doesn't apply to coffeelake though even though its even more scares than vega at the moment, really makes me think

your suggestion sucks and is complete disregarded, you want to recommend intel to all the unwitting goyim then start your own intel shill thread

This looks good. Right now Coffee Lake is a paper launch, so not much availability for the i5. Buying the Z370 is abit useless for the i5 because it can't be OC'd. B350 won't be out until probably November or December.

thanks, I have no idea about hardware

STOP YOU ANTISEMITE

Remember to optimize your images next time user.

>releasing premium motherboards and (for the most part) locked CPUs first
why? just a blatant cash grab from "early adopters"?

I never realized it's US pcbg. In europe vega prices are lower than 1070 and not affected by miners at all.

autist in the filter it goes

>Want 7700k and 1080ti with 32gb ram
>pre-built is cheaper by $300 but sellers lie
I'm so confused.

thats because americans like jewish shaft plated right up their asses

>Want 7700k

>he wants housefires

I see no problem with that

Why would anyone want a non k version intel chip? Its 2017 and i can see 2.8ghz chips that cant be oc'd. Faded luddite here, honest question.

>house is insured

hoping dead sockets go on sale late november

looking for a am4 mobo with the following 1x PS/2 & 4x usb on back
definitive absolute no fuckery support for 3200 RAM don't care if it needs BIOS update so long as it does support it now
had my eye on x370 taichi but noticed it doesn't support anything above 2666

>benchmark clearly says i5 8400 is better than R5 1600 (i5 is cheaper too)
>user says the i5 "certainly not better than anything amd has to offer"
Your denial is making me laugh so hard

>insurance fraud powered by intel
DUNNNNNNNN DUN DUN DUN DUN

The whole point of a CPU benchmark is to show which CPU is better, which is difficult at higher resolutions when GPU's are maxed out at 100%. GPU's get maxed out by 4k NOW, but what about in a few years? GPU's are improving faster than CPU's at this point, compare the 2500K to the 7700K. Now compare the GTX 680 with the GTX 1080Ti, there's a massive difference.

Most people don't actually overclock, user.

They all support 3200MHz. 2666 is the official number by AMD but they support way higher frequencies with XMP.

It's (((((((intel)))))))

Why do they keep using this?

>own xbox
>intel will be less of a fire hazard
>premiums go down

Normies just want the crazy new stuff.

Who else is getting coffee lake?

And that's the only advice i got so far

*crickets*

So I am building one of these for the first time. My power supply comes with this cable, that is 8pin (supply side) to 6+2, but it also has another 6 branching off. Which do I attach to the 6 pin power connector of my 1060?

I'd probably get the unlocked i5 if I could get it right now but as it stands I'm going to wait and see what AMD puts out in February

Be patient. I'm an idiot but that screen is perfectly fine. Only enthusiasts will try make you buy some irrelevant shit that costs more. Though you should try doing some cursory research on each item subject your purchasing. So you make sure your ram is compatible with your motherboard or CPU or whatever.

Both of the 6-pins will be the same. The one that branches off will probably be better for cable management, however.

Taichi is the best mobo out there bro also this

To see theoretical performance, ie, when you've had the CPU for a long time and you buy a powerful graphics card

Consider the i5, yeah. But honestly a 1060 will bottleneck either one, and the Intel components aren't available yet

Not retarded because you want to see what the CPU is capable of
However, it's not a practical situation either

Quite a while

They are relevant, for theoretical performance and to show the difference in power between CPU. They aren't testing graphics cards. They're testing CPUs, despite the fact that in gaming you're mostly gfx limited.

Just shut up. No one believes your shilling
3GB 1060 is great for 1080p. I know you don't trust the science of benchmarks and prefer to get your beliefs by divine revelation, but anyone who pays attention to benchmarks knows better and shits on your opinions.

Releases are always like this.. highest end parts first.

Wait for 8700K to be available

I want one right now but there's no one selling at a reasonable price in my country

fuck off AMDrone

So I just connect the 8 pin to the PSU, and either of the 6 pins to the card?

The two 6 pins aren't just a really short cable?

if i will be able to get 8600k this month then i will buy it but if not then i'm going to wait for ryzen+

But he's right. Look at the questions section of the amazon page. The thing runs at approx 60hz and for most people 60hz is enough.

Professional gamers (lel) tend to use 144hz and above 1440p monitors that run about $700. If you play a game at a high level, and have the pc to push those fps numbers, it is worth it. If not, a 60hz 1080 monitor is fine and is 1/6 the price.

I don't know. Someone out there must be using it.

>but what about in a few years?

JUST WAIT™

You retards are always so busy worrying about the future that you try """""futureproofing""""" now, only for your trash to end up outdated compared to what we have in said future. You're not going to stumble across the next 2600K. We'll all be using 32-core, 64-thread, 5.5GHz, $150 Ryzen 2s in a couple of years and your Covfefe Lake will look ridiculous.

Yes, exactly correct.

>has to turn down settings in almost every triple a game from the last 4 years
>"its great for 1080p"
nvidiots like you are delusional, all you need is 3.5 gb

>your Covfefe Lake will look ridiculous.
I want to buy an intel, but coffee lake already is ridiculous. It's kind of like the xbox one x, kind of a mid-gen improvement to hold marketshare.

>WAIT FOR 8700K ITS NOT SHIT REEEEEEEE

its kinda like a housefire

Why don't you show some of the current gen comparisons AMD fanboy?

>Just wait™ for Vega - Anonymous (2000-2017)

The reason why people recommend the 1060 3GB is because it's the only midrange card that's affordable right now. 1060 6GB and RX 570/580 are too overpriced, they're not worth it. You should either get a used 970/980 or 1060 3GB for 1080p, anything else is being price gouged. (albeit a little less now.)

I'm buying Covfefe now and 10nm Zen 2 in 2021

>paper launch
Just Wait™

pubg is the only reason I ordered my ssd

>that weird kind of excitement you get when you're in the lead on an eBay auction you know you're going to lose

Remember to optimize your images next time user.

Alright so I made a good choice for a monitor thanks but I still have no starting point for learning how to build a PC

Why the fuck would you not have A12-9800 for the poverty build? An A8 makes no sense at the price point

How many more years will my 6700k and GTX 1080 last me for gaming?

Sounds like a dumb strategy. Zen 2 will have been out for two years at that point and likely on the verge of being replaced.

How long is a piece of string?

Depends how poor you are

t-thanks I guess

>over $400CAD for 32gb of ram