Thinkpad Anniversary Edition

Are you guys gonna get one? Starts at $1899.

Unboxing/Hands on: onmsft.com/news/lenovo-thinkpad-25-anniversary-edition-unbox-and-quick-look

Intel Core i7-7500U processor with discrete NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics. 14 inches HD display.

>touchscreen
>outdated shitty dGPU
no thanks

Has original keyboard tho :)

Araq pls go

It's a T470 with the old keyboard.
It's a small improvement, but still shit. Had it a 4:3 or even 3:2 screen, I might have considered getting one after a price-drop.

>Are you guys gonna get one?

No, its overpriced garbage

>16:9
>dual core
>940MX
>starts at only nineteen hundred burgerbux
mfw

The last anniversary edition was a T60 with a leather case and $3000 price tag, so this is somewhat generous of them by comparison.

*x61, sorry, and it cost $5000

What the fuck

[spoiler]Jews[/spoiler]

Is the x1 carbon gen 1 worth getting now days? $200

sorry was sure to buy it, but 2 year old specs for 2000€ is a big nope
srsly do they think we are retarded?

I'm buying one

Was the titanium shelled Z61 also an anniversary machine, or just a "regular" special edition?

I don't think the Z-series were actually special-editions, since there were a few models released.
They were widescreen, media-focused models. They were made redundant with the release of widescreen T-series machines.

i'd be tempted at $1300 maybe? but you're saying "starts" at $1899, so what the heck?

I'll keep an eye on it

>Starts at $1899
Ridiculous when you can get a pretty well kitted out P51 for several hundreds less

Worst part is you're going to end up paying premium for an Intel chip that's already out of date

kek

no

I want a raven ridge/ryzen version of this

Reminder that an X220 was $1300 on release.

Worse than already low expectations

>shit hinge
>no classic think pad hinge
>no top speakers
>classic keyboard
>t470 +classic keyboard

>Take something that's cheap and easy to imitate
>Say it's suddenly worth money because you're an (((expert))) in having an opinion in a subjective field
>Magically (((art)))

Are goys the worst?

>Not an x61 case
> (((NVIDIA))) GPU

Anyone?

ahahahaha are they serious

Got my order in. Been hanging on to my t410 because of the acceptable keyboard, but the battery is old and weak and the aftermarket replacement batteries are all shit.

>two cores

What do you want, 32 cores?

not him but yeah

There is 32 core arm chip. Someone needs to make a workstation with it.

>paying $2000 for babby arrow keys

Disgusting
Literally twice the price of a T70 which outspecs it

>workstation
>arm
I'd rather use that fucking 16 core atom that intel launched a few months ago

Don't know how you managed to read the title as /tpg/ user

>old af dGPU
why?
just really, why?

No you're not

Literally went on Lenovo's website and found out for the same price I could fully kit out the all the T470 variants, the X1 carbon and the X270 for the same price

But how much is it now
Because this will never be that much

Exactly what I expected except worse price

It's actually really comical when you about it.
940M is 384:24:8 @ ~1.1ghz
The Intel HD620 is only 216shaders (I have no idea what their tmu:rop figures are) but it's sitting on ~430GFLOPs (940M is ~800GFLOPs)

If they'd ditched the 7500U for a 7560U, they could have had Intel Iris 640, which is roughly the same performance, without adding a second chip.
The cost difference between the CPUs is $22 in units of 1000.

The extra cost for the nVidia dGPU and associated cooling system could easily have paid for that.

The power savings would have been YUGE and you would have had a faster machine when plugged in to boot (7500U is 2.7ghz+8bins=3.5ghz, 7560U is 2.4ghz+14bins=3.7ghz)

is this the result of those surveys we answered a few years ago from lenovo that allowed fans to vote for their favourite thinkpad? or did that just not ever happen?

>touchscreen
>outdated CPU
>outdated GPU

top kek

CPU isn't really outdated user, it's just crap and they could have done better for the money.

There are no coffee lake mobile parts yet, only Kaby Lake refresh and there isn't any dual-core parts in that lineup. (in fact there are only two i7 parts, 8550/8650U, both Quadcore ~1.8ghz+20bins UHD 620 gpu)

They should have just used the 8650U, it has the same TDP as the 7500U.

Why use a dual core when you can have a quad core?

enjoy your low clockspeeds and extreme throttling

That's not a thinkpad though, normalfaggot

The absolute state of Lenovo

I have like the same specs on a 2-years old dell laptop which I bought for like 650$ back then.

>T470 chassis
>940mx
>dual core ulv
>single hdd
>1080p touch screen
*breathes in*

$1899

It's not all about the thermal aspects, having 4 functioning cores would obviously affect battery life as well so, it's a tradeoff and it works just fine with the CPU they chose.

Personally I'd love to have one as I have been a ThinkPad user since day one with the 700c so long ago and many models since - I even had two 701c Butterfly models in near-mint condition until I recently sold them to a ThinkPad collector for $3500 each. Hated to get rid of 'em but fuck it, money is money and yes I could get the anniversary model but I don't think it's worth the $1900 asking price.

For that configuration of hardware it's a $1200-1300 machine for me even in spite of my love of ThinkPads. Of course, Lenovo has been fucking them up for well over a decade now, can't even make the current models truly fucking matte black anymore, they use that puke dull grey shit which is abhorrent to me and many others.

Had bigger hopes for the anniversary model, the keyboard is of course a major plus for it but overall it's just not worth $1900.

They have fucking 4k oled models with aluminum chassis. They just decide not to put it on the ThinkPad line.

>8th gen U series is the biggest change in U series history
>chinks use 7th gen

Why does a business user need that?

the dell xps 13 has a quad core. the dell xps 15 has a pascal gpu.
the thinkpad t470 and x1 carbon have 1440p options. the t470p has dual storage options and a quad core processor

they released a garbage machine. don't defend it

>tfw still on a t420
>tfw just bought the gf a t420s

Y u shilling nim tho