Don't know if any of you remember me from a couple years back, but I suspected that I was going to lose my job...

Don't know if any of you remember me from a couple years back, but I suspected that I was going to lose my job, so I sought a data exfiltration technique to acquire program code from my work laptop. Some ideas I came up with:

Idea 1

- Zip up code and convert to base64 text file
- Open file in text editor and record cell phone video of me scrolling through it
- Capture each page in the video to an image and then run that image through OCR on my home PC to convert it back to base64
- Decode the local base64 to ZIP and then extract

Ingenious idea if I do say so myself and I've proven that it can be done with simple blocks of text. However, OCR relies heavily on a word dictionary, but base64 is just a bunch of letters and numbers which renders OCR basically impossible. So I came up with the idea to create my own dictionary out of every possible base64 character combination, but the Tesseract libraries I settled on do not make it easy to utilize custom dictionaries. No one else seems to know how, either, so I abandoned the attempt.

Idea 2

- On source machine, write program to modulate data bits to audible sound
- On target machine, write program to demodulate the sound through a microphone and convert it back to bits. Basically a modem in the truest form

This is another grand idea and, as a skilled software engineer, would not prove to be much of a challenge. However, I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

So does anyone else have any other slick methods to get data from this encrypted machine? I know this place has some real brains, so let's hear your best ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

hackcave.net/2015/09/dnsteal-data-exfiltration-tool-through.html
thehackernews.com/2015/08/worlds-sexiest-computer-hacker.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shove it up your bumhole

Memorize the code

Give it back Pajeet

Just take pictures of the code and encrypt them in your phone.

get a modem
get a vpn for ur phone
make a reverse-BBS
???
profit

you're an idiot, no wonder you're going to lose your job you overthink everything

buy a cheap phone, record video of you scrolling through code, move video to your home pc, throw phone in a dumpster

once they find that you took it they'll seize your home shit so it wont matter

Idea 3

Use a live usb distro and copy the files to a flash drive

Why not just ZIP it up, hide it inside a picture of a cute dog and email it to yourself? Sup Forums did that with shady files for years.

How is it you're allowed a telephone in the area, but you have to come up with all these elaborate ideas?

Either the zone is red or its black.

>However, I just need to be pointed in the right direction.
Work as hard at your job as you do trying to think of ways to steal from your job.

stop being retarded and just unplug the hard drive from it, and image it onto another computer

Why not copy paste into usb?

If you don't come up with anything new, you could always use idea 1 and transcribe the base64 manually.

any reason you cant just use a flash drive

>Zip code
>Change to .txt
>Open in an editor that tells you column and line numbers
>Change random characters
>Not them on a piece of paper or even email yourself them
>Change to mp3
>Sneak USB drive to work
>Put mp3 onto USB drive
>Take home
>Reverse the measures
>???
>Profit

What the fuck could possibly be so important that you would want to smuggle it out like this?

you could just encrypt it and add and mp3 header

or even write the zip to the end of an image and email it like the old Sup Forums days of posting images with embedded zips

Hack their Network and steal Everything to cover up that you stole something an employee (namely one that is a practicing homosexual) would steal.
Method #2
Take it up the bum
Method #3
Copy and paste it into a Rubik's cube then flee to Russia like the pussy you are
Method #?
Don't steal things you aren't capable of understanding
Method X
Email an encrypted file that you want to send, using your mobile as the modem.

It's probably something stupid like his home address

Idea 2 still seems like your best bet, especially since you could probably find some projects out there that are already doing this with the old audio cassette way of storing data.

Alternatively, I remember reading an article once about this Asian chick that built a rad as fuck set of tools for data exfil and cracking into compartments in her shoes... Wouldn't be hard to cut a section out of the sole of a pair of cheap sneakers and glue it to the back of a high capacity USB 3.0 stick and slide it right into the hole, kinda like the dentures in your post. Though I'd recommend doing it with a pair of steel toe boots and wearing them a few weeks prior so it's not raising suspicion on the big day if you have to pass through a metal detector.

>-Zip up code and convert to base64 text file
>Open file in text editor
>print
>scan and run it through OCR
make sure you use a font that is specially made to be read by OCR, it should look like the numbers in your passport

Sauce on Asian girl hacker story?

OP here, and I am thoroughly disappointed with the total cancer that has plagued this thread. Sup Forums is nothing like it used to be before GamerGate brought about the great exodus.

All of you are faggots and don't understand that, if I could just copy my shit to a USB drive or insert it into my anus, I sure would have by now. The machine encrypts any data that is copied to external media, be it USB drive external drive, disc, or other.

Wow, the cancer. It is terrible.

con't

This place used to be home to some really smart anons. I am not talking super geniuses or anything, but legitimately intelligent people who didn't plunge their fists deep into their asshole to pull out the worst possible responses to quality inquiries.

It pains me deeply to see that things have devolved to this degree over the years.

make a computer vision alg to recognize the text using opencv, put on your cellphone and quick run through the code

Why don't you covert the code to binary and then use a simple program to modulate the 1's into a beep and then use an aux cable to directly record the audio to your phone.

using frequency modulation on a very high carrier frequency is actually a good idea, and hard do hear

>quality inquiries
>guize how do i steal from my job

You make the industry harder for the rest of us.

also you could connect the audio jack on your cellphone mic to use as a bus

All the old Sup Forums went to lainchan try asking there.

What is the IDE that won't let you copy/paste code?

use FM and ECC

>All the old Sup Forums went to lainchan try asking there
Honestly probably the best post here. Thanks, I am going to check it out.

PrtScn
Upload pics/download pics/whatever
???

You aren't specific enough in your request about what limitations you have from copying the source.

Nah, we sometimes hangout here as well.
"The other place" talks allot about freedom, but then uses heavy censorship.
Seems a bit counter productive and a bit weird.

Suggest looking threw Hackaday.io for projects and stuff aswell.

Well, expect copypasta from Sup Forums to lainchan here in a few

zip it,

open 8bit or 16 bit array or something

for every element:

1 toggle bit as a black ascii character (your timer)
black ascii caracter for every true bit, space for every false bit

so you print a 9 or 17 character string to the console for every one or two bytes

record that output as video

take the video, analyze frame by frame:

you only have 9 or 17 pixels you need to analyze:

every time the first pixel changes, write a new sequence into the buffer until you have the full array

output to zip

unzip

bingo

Couldn't imagine a worthwhile throughput. We may be talking about 30 or so megs worth of minified code converted to base64. Seems like this would take a hell of a long time. One erroneous read/write and its hours down the drain

Why not just email it to yourself?

i thought that was a delicious steak at first :(

Do you have any access to the internet at all with this encrypted laptop?

Why can't you remove the hdd and clone it from a live environment?

true, it's around 10 MB per day at 60hz, 1byte/frame

you could use a canvas, draw more bytes, encode in color. just don't forget the timer bit.

hackcave.net/2015/09/dnsteal-data-exfiltration-tool-through.html

Are you allowed to take in paper?

the more elaborate it is the more likely you are to be caught, unless they are doing cavaty searches and not allowing electronics into the building or somerhing, and if that was the case you wouldn't be posting on Sup Forums

thehackernews.com/2015/08/worlds-sexiest-computer-hacker.html

generate a bunch of qr codes and write a smartphone app to check them and put together.

>zip, convert to base64
>download/macro-make high-contrast font that has character for each base64 character (think QR code)
>record it on your phone in however-way-you-wish
>teach neural network to recognize base64 codes based on your font (very easy to learn at 100% accuracy)
>decode
>????
>PROFIT

Fuck OCR, you need 100% accuracy for a binary file.

why not QR?

Method one risky but Method two would require some engineering to get it reliable enough to decode a noisy microphone recording.

OCR doesn't rely on a word dictionary, it just needs to be trained if you're using a font it's not used to, t. wrote Tesseract bindings for Ruby.

>a couple years back
>spent 2 years dicking around with a television show producer's idea of electronic subterfuge
>not just installing a backdoor in their firewall javaport
>not tunneling a wormhole and installing trojans in their k'manchee server
>not knowing how to operate a 10 meg pipe
>not sending electrical signals from the computer's DMA controller to a flash memory device plugged into a universal serial bus socket

This is pretty cool, make sure you encrypt your files before transferring though.