5G Internet is On Its Way

Experts are saying that the next major advancement of wireless Internet technology will integrate every aspect of people's lives with the digital realm.

trunews.com/article/5g-internet-is-on-its-way

Most people barely noticed the change from 3G—third generation—wireless Internet to 4G, but the coming advance to 5G will be much more noticeable, technology experts are saying:

>The most noticeable difference in the beginning will be the faster download speeds and shortened latency times. But the exciting part of 5G is the whole new world of innovation and connection it will enable. Qualcomm is calling 5G “the platform for invention.” The automotive industry will benefit from the new network as progress continues to be made towards self-driving cars. These cars require a network that can facilitate multiple interactions between numerous connected devices. The stop lights, weather stations, and crosswalks will all send network signals instantaneously to communicate road conditions to the car, allowing for a safe driving experience. The amount of bandwidth required to connect these devices together isn’t possible on the 4G network. Also, due to 5G’s near-zero latency, autonomous cars will have the necessary reaction time to engage the brakes inches from obstacles, a feat also not possible on the 4G network. The 1ms latency time is pivotal for other advancements, such as the use of haptic interfaces and real-time sensors to allow a doctor to examine a patient’s body from a distant operating room. Similarly, the construction industry can use 5G to operate heavy machinery remotely. Using a VR headset and controller, an operator could perform the same job but in a safer environment to effectively minimize occupational hazards related to construction sites. Virtual and augmented reality platforms will expand and thrive because of the network. Instead of watching the NBA Finals on TV, spectators can throw on a VR headset and have a 360-degree courtside view.

Wow, 5G! And here I am with 6mbps in shithole Australia! All for a nice low price of $100 a month for 500gb cap!

So I'll finally be able to live innawoods far removed from civilization with a good internet connection?

Only another 10-15 years and Australia should have the original NBN FTTP network back.

>The only innovation we will see from now on is whatever empowers the botnet

But by then everything will be larger files anyway and require faster internet so we're barely catching up, if at all. At least it will be stable..

3G is pretty shitty and it's a big difference from 4G, who the fuck doesn't notice it?

Cable companies won't let it happen.

What the fuck kind of shit are you doing on your phone that you genuinely need more than a few megabits?
Fucking normies who think you need 5 gigabits on a fucking phone.

my phone is my home wifi

I play online vidya through my phone
I torrent through my phone

Why not just use a actual computer
>torrenting on your phone
I bet you don't even have a desktop

Taking into account the fact that G means "Generation" here.

Too bad there won't be any worthwhile phones with it

>original jpeg test data
>stored as png
You rebel.

>what is tethering

I said through

I can explain it again if you still don't understand

The fuck place do you live that cellular is the best option

To be fair, if I lived somewhere that was un-jewish enough that I had unlimited data at at least 25Mb/s, I'd debate dropping my home Internet.

urup
cellular and wired cost about the same for low speeds

it's only about 5 actual mbit on mega, but I don't need 4k streaming.

What is being a faggit

Here's last month case you're curious.

Later 3G HSPDA+ is about 20Mbps. That's as fast as my home connection. I never noticed anything besides lower latency going to 4G.