Coffee Lake Edition

Coffee Lake has been released! Benchmarks / Reviews
techpowerup.com/reviews/
Note: Lack of CPU availability and motherboards

=====
>Handy overview of available parts (outdated prices / builds)
logicalincrements.com/
>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & currency for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, try to include information like response time, refresh rate, resolution, and size

CPUs:
>No Kaby Lake i5s unless 50% discount; new i3s will be old i5 eqivalents
>New i5s and i7s (Coffee Lake) will have +50% more cores/threads
>G4560 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPU (Recommended until i5 8400 is available)
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Check your Mobo's QVL before buying RAM or look for user reports
>Ryzen CPUs benefit a lot from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal

GPUs:
Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon), so using an old GPU or waiting to build may be a good idea right now.
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced gfx cards for 1080p; 6GB 1060 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 / 1080 - 1440p
>GTX 1080Ti - 4K

General:
>Consider a 240GB or larger SSD.
>If your build uses Wifi, you will need a Wireless Network Adapter, either 2.4 or 5GHz

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/XpcTGf
jd.com/
zol.com.cn/
suning.com/
taobao.com/
tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=图拉丁
tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=显卡
pcpartpicker.com/list/xtvfXH
relaxedtech.com/reviews/amd/wraith-max-and-wraith-spire-cooler/2
kitguru.net/components/cpu/luke-hill/amd-ryzen-7-1700-cpu-review/
lanoc.org/review/cooling/7488-ryzen-stock-coolers?showall=&start=1
techpowerup.com/reviews/Scythe/Fuma/6.html
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/f3nL8K
logicalincrements.com/games/pc-building-guide-pubg-battlegrounds
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/8WZ2FT/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mzn5e250bw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>8400 OC
Wat

$2500ish CAD build

gaming on 24inch and switch to 65 inch tv

Thinking about going with i5 8400

Dont know which 1080 gtx to pick thinking gigabyte

HOLD ME AMDBROS
I'M LITERALLY SHAKING

So how'd I do?
>pcpartpicker.com/list/XpcTGf
Mostly used for 1080p to 1440p gaming and possible streaming

wait for the price drop, pajeet.

Is it better to buy one big SSD or two smaller ones for reliability?

What resolution? You don't need a 1080 for 1080p (ironically).

one big

SSDS rarely fail

retard.
get the i3 8100 and save $70

my sandisk ssd plus was kill.
it won't power up.

>buying Windows

well memed

Have you tried rebooting it?

>i5
>i5 for streaming
>1070 with 60hz
Get a ryzen 1600 (extra cores really come into play for streaming) and a different monitor.

1440p for the tv would be nice thats why i wanted the 1080

Yeah, don't buy OEM from a store. If you want OEM, get it fron Kinguin, or get a full liscense at a store (more flexible than OEM) or download an unactivated copy from microsoft like this guy probably recommends.

>tfw living in a small country
>tfw I won't get my 8700k until possibly 1st November

least ur cunt isn't big and loose

I think he means the TV - is it 1080p or 4K? I don't of any TV's that are 1440p

>live in China

Anything I should consider if I live here? Chink parts etc.?

suicide

1070 works fine for 1440p (or 1070ti when that is out, either way 1080 is overkill) and I don't see the point of matching any of these cards with an 8400 instead of a 1600.
I literally have no clue. How did you even get on Sup Forums? What happens if I mention Tiananmen Square?

Is ram CL or freq more important for coffee lake? (e.g. 3000MHz CL15 vs 3200MHz CL16)

Havn't used a new intel for years so I have no idea

I have a Sup Forums pass. Living here allows me a relaxed lifestyle with tons of disposable income so I want to buy a new PC and get comfy.

Would it help me play PubG with ultra settings on 1080p? Because I saw on logicalincrements that the i5-7500 or Ryzen 5 1600X is best for that
I'm seriously new at this like 100%
The Ryzen 5 1600x was my first choice but I wanted something cheaper but if it's that much of a difference I'll change it and I'm trying to keep the monitor under $200 but didn't really look for more then the one I found

Logicalincrements isn't logical.
1600 OC = 1600x OC.
Get that, the AB350 Pro4, and some non-shit memory. Also, buy a full sized card since your case suppirts it and mini sucks for cooling. If you don't get a better monitor, drop to a 1060 6GB.

>tfw canadian

I'm going to build a purple themed computer with a purple mechanical keyboard and a Razer Mamba set on purple.

How gay am I? I am a 26 year old white male.

Also, drop the cooler and use stock Ryzen until you can afford a better cooler since your current one isn't that good and the Wraith Spire can handle a decent overclock.

t. Zhang here

Basically all big sites you need for building a PC in China:
jd.com/
zol.com.cn/
suning.com/

If you want to get engineering sample chips look for cheaper options on:
taobao.com/

Basically Sup Forums shitposting:
tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=图拉丁
tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=显卡

If your negotiating skills is good just go to Shenzhen/Dongguan/Suzhou to get some raw chips directly from manufacturers there

The keywords Tiananmen Square themselves are merely considered to be the locaiton.

Might as well start using famalam fampai kys nigger language.

Here's a better build for cheaper. A cooler like the NH-U12S would work good if you want to OC. If you want to save the money, that is understandable so I left it out.
pcpartpicker.com/list/xtvfXH

其实我住在贵州。深圳离我比较远

谢谢你的帮助

Do I connect my gayming pc directly to the wall or do I have to use a stabilizer or some shit?

PSU -> wall unless you want a UHS (incase of power outages) or a surge protector (good ones have warranties; mine will pay me up to $300,000 for damaged connected equipment in the event of a lightning strike).

UPS, not UHS. I should go to bed.

Are there any actual good Chink PC components, Zhang?

chinese knockoff x86 cpsu for peanuts fucking when?

Should.i get the R5 1600 or 1600x. The 1600 seems to come with a cooler but it's nearly $50 more.

1600 OC? Like i said I'm new as for memory I have a 2tb external and a 1tb external so I'm not worried about storage
Ok
My most easy to convey problem is will this run PubG very smoothly with great graphics

i will stick to my ryzen and rx580.
fuck you guys.

Stock cooler is shit, get a Hyper 212 at least

Gigabyte Auros 1080 ti - $675
Gigabyte b350 mobo - $80
Fury DDR 4 3200 (the "ryzen rated" one) - $190

Intended for 1440p 144hz Gsync monitor.

Should I get a 1600x for $219? Or would that be a bottleneck and I should go 1800x for $399 instead?

>1600 is more
Why? Anyway, 1600 is normally cheaper and a better value because of it.
1600 OC is how much you can overclock the chip to increase performance.
For PubG you should get max settings, and high settings when streaming/recording.
Hyper 212 is barely better than the Wraith Spire. Only higher-end shit like Noctua is worth buying for overclocks.
Make a PCpartpicker.

Well honestly you should if you want to play it safe.

While the 8400 seems to fuck the CPU market with some gaymen benchmarks, I'm sure something shifty is up with that CPU.
Plus you can't even OC that shit, and even beats the 8700k at times in some benches?

Either way, Ryzen hopefully gets more support and 'optimization' or something and nice little price drop; then everything should be great with the platform and the future seems promising.

P.S: The 8700k seems like a great CPU, but it's basically for those that wanted the 7700k before and not really for the average consumer.
Seems risky to play with the 8400 as well.

You're wrong. The Spire is a piece of shit. Even the Wraith Max can't reach Hyper 212 levels of performance.

relaxedtech.com/reviews/amd/wraith-max-and-wraith-spire-cooler/2
kitguru.net/components/cpu/luke-hill/amd-ryzen-7-1700-cpu-review/
lanoc.org/review/cooling/7488-ryzen-stock-coolers?showall=&start=1

Why is it risky to play with the 8400?
Im trying to build a rig right now but idk if i want to get a 8400 or just get the 7700k or go ryzen fuck i am going with a 1080 and dont know if it will bottleneck

>1600x with wraith spire
Anyway, those are good temps for an overclocked chip on stock. The 212 Evo isn't worth the $30 especially when spending $20 or so more can get you a full overclock while the Evo cannot.

I'm planning on selling my current Ryzen cpu/ram/cooler, and buying a R1700 & 3000MHz memory.
The ram is 2400MHz CAS15 running at the 2660, CAS14, since I can't seem to get it higher stable.
I'm also searching Ebay for some decent deals on GTX 980's, so might sell my current video card.

It seems too good to be true. No way Intel would release something that beats 8700k at half the price.

4790 here, worth the upgrade to a 8700?

That is of course if you don't mind housefires.

No

Wait for Ice Lake early next year

t. 4770kfag

What do you need a 1700 for? 1600 is the peak of general/gaming use desu. And if you are buyong new RAM make a bigger jump than 333⅓MHz, since Flare X can do a hell of a lot more when overclocked.

And what is this $50 cooler?

The Scythe Fuma is almost a DH15 in performance for about half the price.

Remember to buy fire extinguishers. I recommend a 6-pack from Amazon.

t. 4790K

this is the 6700K btw:
techpowerup.com/reviews/Scythe/Fuma/6.html

4790 here and upgrading to 8700k right now desu
Only because someone I know really needs a pc and I've giving my old rig to them

So pcpartpicker.com/list/xtvfXH can definitely run pubg at ultra settings? With twitch running in the background and maybe a few tabs open?

shill edition you mean

This is going to sound retarded as fuck, but I wanted to upgrade so I didn't have to worry about CPU for ages. Also, was planning to run a storage VM, so my dorm room lads can store all their korean soap operas on there, and whatever else they wanted.
Also, for the RAM, I was thinking the same thing. It's not all that impressive going for a few hundred higher megahertz, but if it's able to run stable at 3GHz, should be good since this can't go higher than the 2660 it's currently at. Admittedly, it costs a few dollars more than I spent on this kit, so it should be easy to walk in for a refund, then pay a few more dollarinos for the better kit.

Slightest mentioning of intel products is enough to attract triggered AMDrones like you
go away

the fact that you even mention them at all given their price their tdp and their temp as anything viable to buy is enough to call you a shill

Welp I bought this. Muh first PC.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/f3nL8K

High/ultra probably, and going with a 1070 would help.
I don't know much about PuBG, but it sounds like even with optimisation it runs poorly overall.

Faster ram would've been nice but other than that its all reasonable/10.

PuBG is an optimized piece of shit

>Year of the AMD
>RTG 2 years behind since 200 series
>Ryzen managed to be on top for whole 3 months

I'd feel sorry for those AMD shills if it wasn't for the fact that they keep acting like insufferable smug cunts.

logicalincrements.com/games/pc-building-guide-pubg-battlegrounds
I'm basing everything off some sliders on this page & I've seen it run pretty well on some streamers things

nigga cheerleading for a company for free is the highest form of cuckery there is. This goes for the gayman fags who are all trying to get 8700ks and are gonna invest in $300 water loops so they can hit 144fps in faggot quest 7.

>intel releases non-OC shit-tier i5/i3s
>only top-tier chipset is available
why?

Looks like a 1060 would be fine for 1080p if you're smart with a couple settings. I disagree with logicalincrements for this reason, though, since use-cases are varied and a guide won't get specific people through, making it almost useless.

The 8700k are out of stock till November so how are you getting your CPUs?

Well I dont want to lower any settings I like the way it looks silky smooth in those sliders and everything and I am willing to pay more to run it that way but wanna do so as cheap as possible

i5-7500/6GB 1060 here
Playing medium settings 1080p (textures and draw distance on ultra), FPS stays in 60-70s in 90% of cases. Rest is something like going into the city on a car (drops to 45ish FPS for a couple of seconds, then goes up to 60 again).

Will an Intel Core i5-8400 benefit from ddr4-3200 or is 3000 fine?

It will probably virtually never matter to the software you run.

Intel's architecture sees no improvement with hish speed memory, unlike Ryzen. You can get 2133 mhz or 2400 mhz memory and get the same performance.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/8WZ2FT/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mzn5e250bw

is this a good m.2

no. get an 860 evo instead if going m.2

Aren't you AMDrones doing that right now yourself with your blind AMD worshipping?

>trusting benchmarks that put the 1500X above the 1800X
>trusting benchmarks that put the 7600k above the 7700k
Also reminder that Coffee Lake hasn't even really released yet. I want to believe in actual competition, I don't love a shift from one side being objectively better to the other side being objectively better, but remember that Coffee Lake was already in development during the time of Intel not bothering to really improve, so it's probably not a huge improvement.

What us with vega beating 1080ti in some games all of a sudden? Is fine wine not a meme and are the high prices actually justified?

What's the cheapest used GPU I can possibly buy? CPU will probably be a Phenom II X4 955. 2GB VRAM is greatly preferred and I don't think I have an 8-pin connector for it because this is an old prebuilt.
As it is a prebuilt there's only a single rear exhaust so a blower model would be nice and passive cooling is questionable. Also it would be best to keep it's max power draw under 250W.
I know this is too much to ask, but does anything meet these criteria?

Thanks for all the help so far I'm going to go to sleep got work in the morning shouldn't even be up this late but I'll check back tomorrow and ask for more help I'm And and

Honestly I'm a huge AMD fan but I'd say wait for Navi when they fix some of the bullshit.

reference r9 290 - If you can endure constant 80 dB fan and 90C furnace. The card itself is very good however the cooling turns most people off.

GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti should work fine with most cheap prebuilts with weak PSU.

AMD has been impriving vega performance every driver they release - in Civ, dirt 4 and forza 7 vega murders evebn custom 1080ti's. What people want (rightfully so) is this performance to be consistent across the board.

> Is fine wine not a meme

Its not a meme.

>are the high prices actually justified?

Not yet.

El cheapo ref 290 and slap a raijintek morpheus on it.

By cheap I mean like

>basing your buying decisions on outliers

you are better off finding one from scrapyard then

Fucking hell user.
Okay, maybe look for a used GTX750 or something.
Unless you get lucky with bidding on Ebay, you're not too likely to get much for that price.

>AMD has been impriving vega performance every driver
it doesn't matter. AIBs too late for the season, i'd get vega 56 in a heartbeat if I could get it with proper cooler.
Had to buy 1070 for october.

It just means putting it to max turbo with some motherboard (3.8) instead of variable auto turbo.

Everyone who's ever owned locked CPU has regretted it within a year or two(with exception of skylake locked cpu). Either get a 8600K or a Ryzen 1600/X. Both of them can overclock.

i'm not sure 8600K worth it
it's what $200 more for the package to be able to OC?
1600 comes with a decent cooler and can OC on almost everything(beware of bad VRM boards)

Which one is better? Nvidia GTX 960 2GB or the 1050 ti with 4GB?

1050 ti

I see a lot of V3800s and V4800s around that price, are they decent? It's not for games so much as just having a dgpu in case I need something a little bit more intensive.

Is there any chance of the B350 Pro Carbon getting a BIOS update that lets me turn off the 20°C offset?