All right Sup Forums

All right Sup Forums.

I'm about to completely wipe out my Windows 10 and install Linux Mint. I am adamant to completely switch to Linux because I won't stand for this corporate bullshit and rape.

Give me some tips and wish me luck.

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's spelt alright

Check out this page
sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/

Mostly about things to do after mint install, how to speed up mint and article about update manager.

You will find there many useful info.

All right Sup Forums.

I'm about to completely wipe out my Windows 10 and install Solus. I am adamant to completely switch to Linux because I won't stand for this corporate bullshit and rape.

Give me some tips and wish me luck.

why not dual boot?

because dual boot is for fags

Because GPU Passtrough is way superiour

Extremism is machinery for producing delusion and is not a durable basis for wise decisions, user.
I think you'll find flexibility is a better way to operate. Right tool for the right job
For a general UX, Windows is unmatched. If you insist on Linux, however, Ubuntu offers the best UX by far.

Two machines, KVM switch on input and displays is yet more superiour.

good luck having countless issues and being confused af.

I have setup a KVM switch for display and keyboard/Mouse! All you need is a PCI USB Card and 2 graphics cards

Please, install Sup Forumsentoo

>Linux Mint

Use manjaro or ubuntu mint is hell

You're a tech illiterate.
Most likely underage, if not then it's a very sad case of dumbass normie.

Fuck off.

enjoy your microshutter
>hurr no IOMMU does not introduce microshutter, I don't care that it's proven it does
fuck, I can't imagine people being autistic enough to run Linux and just a Windows VM for gaymes

Mint isn't bayad.
Ubuntu is just way more popular and thus way better and has corporate bucks behind it. (And don't trust DistroWatch figures.)

worksonmymachineâ„¢

Good luck, OP. What do you usually use your computer for? I am going to get a new computer at work soon, Im going to get KDE Neon on it.

That's a pretty nice desktop.

Mint is great tho.

>preconfigured desktop environments
fucking normies

Don't fucking use Linux Mint. The devs have no fucking idea what they're doing. Use Ubuntu, Fedora (after installing rpmfusion for patent encumbered codecs), or Debian (if you have a laptop you'll have to find the firmware deb on their repos before hand to put on another flash drive during installation for WiFi).

This.

>Im going to get KDE Neon on it.
Im using it right now and its quiet buggy.

Don't use Fedora. It's just silly.
Ubuntu for general UX; Debian for server/neckbearded autism. At that point, Fedora might be indicated, but why deal with the RPM splinter of the package market?

Buggy how?

The Linux Mint devs knows what they are doing, it's the most functional and easy to use distro available.

>I'm about to completely wipe out my Windows 10 and install Linux Mint

First tip: dont use fucking mint

Visual glitches, things crash. Sometimes wont reboot with reboot button.

No, no, no! Mint is a Frankenstein of a Frankenstein. Just use Debian or Ubuntu if you must use something similar. Seriously, Mint is bad news.

Keep a dual boot. It's completely worth it. Even though linux is great and all, a lot of shit is still done easier on windows

If you don't dual boot it makes distro hopping easier because you just turn your brain off, format entire volume and go.

If you're fine with wiping your hard drive, try to do full disk encryption at at startup. There are ways to mount virtual hard disk images, so just be sure to back your shit up.

Get Ubuntu Gnome 16.04
So comfy

Fuck off, shill.

>no games
>no music
>no movies
>no internet
>no printers
>no cameras
why use linux?

Do you have the stable version of KDE Neon? Im gonna use it for work so I am going to use the stable version.

I use the "User Edition" version.

LTS or normal?

Normal. Neon devs suggest not to use LTS edition.

>Neon devs suggest not to use LTS edition.
Yeah I know because it has an extremely buggy version of KDE apparently.

You think it KDE Neon will hamper my work? It's not a server so it can be restarted, but it's work tho. Just wanted to try KDE because it's beautiful.

>Just wanted to try KDE because it's beautiful.
Idunno give it a try but it looks better on screenshots than when you actually use it. I'm switching to XFCE once Ubuntu 17.10 is out.

Listen to this guy. He knows all the memes.

Linux itself is a Frankenstein.

Thanks for the heads up, bro. I plan on dropping mint the minute this "frank and debian" stuff causes a single issue.

just install ubuntu mate

Mate as in friend, or MATE as in the de?
Either way, decent newbie suggestions

What viewer is that

Remmina

Thanks