Will there ever be a better adblocker? is there even any competition?

will there ever be a better adblocker? is there even any competition?

if you want from adblocker more than blocking ads, which ublock already does pretty good, you can fork it

>is there even any competition?
ABP

>closed-source
>acceptable ads
>literally uses all of ublock's filters
>normie garbage for some reason (?)
lol ok

Adblock Latitude
>Fork of APB
>No Acceptable ads (the main point of the fork)
>Seems to have nice filters (never seen an ad with it
>Mostly exists on the obscure Furry browser

I meant more competition in the functionality and performance sense. ABP and Adblock will always be more successful.

no one knows what that is, just use uBlock Origin like a normal person.

In the vast majority of cases competing software have specific quirks that separate one from the others and make the choice based on personal needs and preferences. With adblockers this is not the case. uBlock Origin is entirely superior to anything else, and there is literally no user case that would support using a different blocker.

The answer is no

[spoiler]adnauseum[/spoiler]

>doesn't block ads
>clicks on them too
lol

Well he called APB normie garbage

>just use uBlock Origin like a normal person.
"Normal" people are using ABP. Not saying it is better. But most people don't use an adblocker, and those that do are more than likely using something other than uBO.

>uBlock Origin is entirely superior
That very well may be, but if no one knows about it then what does it matter. Everyone on Sup Forums knows about uBO. You need to be shilling on reddit.

Gorhill really fucked up when he gave away uBlock to that other faggot that instantly turned it into for-profit garbage.

uBlock was such the perfect name. uBlock Origin is a really stupid one.

That's actually crazy. I knew it was better, but I didn't know it was this drastic

It's not like it doesn't have 10 million users on Chrome and 3 million on Firefox

How about Pi-Hole Sup Forums

This. Old uBlock also had a WAY better logo. uBO's has down syndrome. uBO would probably over take ABP if gorhill would change the logo.

I think it's a comforting affirmation that people will pick up and move regardless of the name. They'll figure out who's bullshitting, who isn't, and change what they're using quickly. It isn't a sellers' market when it comes to ad blockers.

>An adblocker that just hide adsbut still loads them
I don't know why you people use that shit, abp is way better

>>acceptable ads
yeah its so hard to go in options and untick that.
are you this stupid?

It's about the principle, user. Adblocker that accepts money to exclude ads from their filters.

literally unusable without adblock

What are the best filter lists to subscribe to? Is EasyPrivacy still the best for privacy or is the Adguard Spyware better? or the Disconnect Basic Tracking list.

gorhill will be killed, don't worry
they won't allow this to go on much longer