Firefox now collecting your browsing history for a marketing firm

reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/74n0b2/mozilla_ships_cliqz_experiment_in_germany_for_1/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliqz
pmd.cdn.turner.com/money/big/news/2014/10/30/tim-cook-apple-ceo-lgbt-rights.cnnmoney_1024x576.mp4
cliqz.com/en/whycliqz/human-web
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ESR 52 thankfully doesn't have this problem

And this is why I rely on Debian maintainers to prune Firefox of shit and spyware like this prior to installation, even if it means being stuck on version 52

>users who download Firefox from Mozilla
lol I just use #pacman -Syu firefox

Getting it from arch linux is the same as getting it from the website directly. They don't remove features from it like debian does, it's almost entirely vanilla.

Joke's on you, I use Safari.

>Not using #yaourt firefox-kde-opensuse for the glorious integrated filepicker

>implying I use KDE

>Cliqz collects data about search and surf activites, including typed text in the address bar. They also collect interactions with the website like how you move the mouse around, spent time on the site, etc.
the fuck

Oh no! Now they'll know I go on Sup Forums!!!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliqz

>The main experiment in Firefox includes this data tool - so they collect the full URL of the sites visited. This data is send to the Cliqz servers.
They'll not only know which website, but also which threads, the content on the threads, what you type there, which images you look at for how long (fapping), and so on.

LAMO sjwfox fags BTFO

is there any browser that is 100% open source, not made by fucking jew corporations, and actually 100% respects your privacy, and is enjoyable to surf in?

What are you, gay?

ESR 52 is still safe, it is the last usable firefox

>Bruh I'll just go incognito mode
For real, I mostly use it for Sup Forums, school (mymathlab mostly), and youtube and reddit.

this isn't about you though, 1 of 100 German downloaders will automatically get this instead of the normal version

pls keep that dago thot out of my thread pls

>what are you, gay?
Where have I implied that I'm a sodomite?

firefox is still 100% open source so it should be possible to simply patch this out

brb installing palememe

Everything's about me though

You didn't imply, you stated it.

No I didn't.

bullshit
they have a new proprietary CSS rendering engine now, etc.
How is it "still" open source?

>they have a new proprietary CSS rendering engine now
they do?

firefox quantum, yes (58+).
which is the absolute best version of firefox atm. I'm not gonna use some shitty version 45 ESR. I'm not THAT autistic.

But you did.

No, a quick google search shows it's within the Servo source code.

Quantum is open source

lol at the cliqz shills on reddit haha. also it pisses me off how most of these spyware companies seem to be based in germany.
fuck this country

>nothing to hide nothing to fear XXDDDD

GNU IceCat saves the day once again
damn, why GNU is always right?

My thoughts exactly.

How drastic really are the changes they made to FF? As far as I know, they just follow the Moz://a ESR releases, and add some libre extensions, so I'm not sure how different it is.

How?

>firfox is now spyware
sjwzilla wont go down while the soros money still flows, and lets face it, they have to do something while time passes

>I have nothing to hide therefore I have nothing to fear
This, but unironically.

>In the mean time, there's one case where it is acceptable to run a nonfree JavaScript program: to send a complaint to the website operators saying they should free or remove the JavaScript code in the site. Please don't hesitate to enable JavaScript temporarily to do that—but remember to disable it again afterwards.
xD

>going to websites

XD

What's so funny?

You use safari which is only available on gay OS™ therefore you're gay autist what is hard to understand about this

They're closed source. Why would you trust them more than FF?

>not compiling Firefox from source
I thought this was the technology board

Webkit nightly?

How is macOS sodomite OS?
Because I paid to use their hardware and software, it's not like I got it for free. Also Apple has a history of respecting its users, and even got a lot of backlash from advertisers in its most recent update of Safari. Where's the backlash for all these "free" web browsers?

Faglord is just memeing

Waterfox doesn't have this problem.

It literally is, even the CEO of Applel can't stop sucking dicks

Ah I see. Thanks. Never understood where the sodomy thing came from other than jealous poorfags. Windows is likely to have way more sodomites using their OS too anyway, as well as all the gay shit I see Linux users post here and /wg/.

Tim Cook is an honorary straight white male.

Meanwhile, google has been promoting fags, dykes, and trannies far more than apple ever has. Google made the official gay pride apps for android and internally android is called gaydroid because of all the fags and dykes that work on it.

Honestly I can't find Safari appealing. There's some streaming websites it doesn't work with well, or at least it didn't. There's the webm thing which honestly I'm still concerned with, having to open them in a separate tab is not that pleasant. There are things about it though that I really like, like the interface. It fits well, it takes minimal space and using gestures on it is somewhat less laggy than in other browsers (although not too noticeable but yeah, it's a thing). Also I guess on my hackintoshed thinkpad it's really nice due to its low battery consumption.

That's not nearly anything like the CEO publicly stating that xe can't stop sucking dicks though

>How is macOS sodomite OS?
Simple. Tim Cock aka the schlong swallowing cock gobbler of an Applel CEO likes it up the butt, so you're a gay ass faggot by proxy. Everything a gay touches is gay, so you are gay too.

Always wondered why iOS was better than Android, thanks!

And we have no idea what they've done to the webkit. Even if the webkit was the only surface where they could get the browsing history that doesn't save anyone.

Using MacOS is a clear statement. Statement that states you are homosexual.

I am able to use every streaming site such as YouTube, Twitch, Crunchyroll, etc. And I don't mind missing out on webm's for now, saved me from accidentally some stupid shit on this site too. Also the reason they haven't enabled it is because it doesn't have native hardware acceleration. It has the most minimal/usable interface and it's not laggy at all and is great for my battery and it's smoother for me. It also integrates perfectly with the touchbar, and the PIP mode (Picture In Picture mode) is really neat. I completely removed Chrome from my life (except on my android phone, but that will change soon when I get an iPhone), and I gotta say, life is so much comfier without it.

Does he use his platform to promote leftist ideas? No? Then he's not as bad as google using their doodles and youtube to promote ideology

My guy, how retarded are you?

Exactly, here, have an upanon.

At least I don't touch products endorsed by a gay faggot, faggot.

>in_germany
>germany
>1%
Odd, yet, somehow, I do not care.

Do you use anything Google or Android?

>Only in Germany

No.

Lol that's a lie.

>Does he use his platform to promote leftist ideas?
Yes, if tim cuck wasn't the applel CEO, no one would care that he can't stop sucking cocks. Stop being an apologist for a literal cocksucker.

Must feel depressing thinking there's no alternatives to Jewgle or Lagdroid.

The only people who care are the autistic fags on Sup Forums

I don't use jewgle on anything but android and switching from android to iOS pretty soon.

just went to about:config and looked for cliqz
>social.whitelist
thanks firefox for giving me a link I can add to my hosts file

anything else I should add?

Man, this guy got BTFO.

pmd.cdn.turner.com/money/big/news/2014/10/30/tim-cook-apple-ceo-lgbt-rights.cnnmoney_1024x576.mp4

You are in denial

I would like to know this also

I installed gahnoo icepussy but I still use regular firefox because I've configured it and shit already.

Would be nice to have an actual repo, too

>double trips

Going to give it a try. Last time I tried icecat it was missing one or two things, but it was a few years ago

If you want to be a retarded faglord, that's your choice, but don't foist it on others.

cliqz and wire are made by the same company, many ppl trust wire, why shouldnt you trust the cliqz browser?

>ethical browser
kek

>more privacy
lel

>Firefox doesn't sell access to your personal information like other companies. From privacy tools to tracking protection, you're in charge of who sees what.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fuck

So would that be fake news?

Eternal kraut strikes again

Whatever search engine you use on Firefox: Have they ever asked you to opt-in into data collection? All search engines collect data in one way or another. Traditional search engines like Google and Bing even collect data about individual users and build user profiles. That's something we do not. We only collect anonymous statistics. For your grandmother: We don't know anything about individual users at all. Zero. Niente, Nada. Garnix. More at cliqz.com/en/whycliqz/human-web

It does have the best, cleanest UI. No web 1.0 holdover manilla folder tabs like Chrome, no jacked up design that's currently spawning endless threads like FF. The tabs are just cells. Rectangles. It's the autist's choice once you ascend beyond aversion to Apple.

i want gnu icecat version of firefox quantum

Went to see it for myself and the mods have deleted all of the posts questioning him.

(((Reddit)))

I just have to wonder why Chrome hasn't changed their design at all for ages. It takes quite some space, doesn't work well with dark themes or websites (why in the hell is the actual dark theme exclusive to incognito mode? That doesn't make any sense at all), now what they decided to change is the stupid config pages to material because "desktop PCs are just more powerful smartphones"... it's getting ancient really. I still prefer it to Firefox but fuck me even Opera seems like a better options these days if you don't rely on your Google account too much.

It will happen after the ESR release gets quantum

>Under one percent of German users who download Firefox from Mozilla
oh no

Mozilla probably understood that no one really cares about privacy. That's why the browser ships with the pocket botnet. There is a loud (autistic) minority, but most normies just want a fast browser. That's why they go full chrome clone in 57.

>literally it's okay when Mozilla do it

That's sounds fine to you? Or are you just shitposting?

Then wouldn't those people already be using chorne?

this, it would also be funny if only nazis got this feature

Mozilla has the retarded idea that some of them return to firefox. It's not going to happen though since all the Google apps are so neatly integrated into Chrome.

fuck you nigger, you're making everything worse

(if it's bait, it was great)