Why the fuck are mice so expensive?

Why the fuck are mice so expensive?

You can buy a smartphone with all kinds of stuff inside for $100.
How the fuck can you charge $70 for a piece of plastic with an optical sensor.

I can't imagine parts needed for this costing more than $15.
So why aren't chinks selling something exactly the same for $20?

Other urls found in this thread:

gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g203-prodigy-gaming-mouse
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZW5C39038
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

G102 ebay

You must be living in hell. Cheapest I can get on the top of my mind is under $8 your country is poopoo

gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g203-prodigy-gaming-mouse

No one is buying the Pro when the G203 is available

OP here.
I found a chink mouse with a 3360 sensor for $24 (Delux M625). Quality seems a bit chink though.

I have an $8 mouse m8. The sensor is borderline unusable, even for regular tasks, not gaming.

What's the diff between these two?

if youre concerned about being a poorfag buy this you nigger lover: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZW5C39038

comes with the latest sensor and a mousepad.

G203 came with better cable but sensor is not the best.
Not that you could tell the different thou.

>inb4 muh premium braided cable
Braided cable is bad and Logitech made it even worse.

seems like logitech are the only company who makes shitty braided cables compared to others.

>I can't imagine parts needed for this costing more than $15.
it's more like 15 cents
and to answer your question, they get away with it because they're allowed to charge whatever they want, so they charge as much as they want knowing people absolutely need mice to use their computer, and they always fucking break so you're forced to buy one

I still use an old logitech mx518 mouse. Been one hell of an investment how long I've even been able to use it. I don't know if they even still make mice that last this long?

Get a job and a good mouse like a G502.

>mfw got a G900 on black Friday when I was over in the US so I paid less than half what I would over here

Not sure I could go back to a wired mouse now, having no cable is so much better. I wouldn't have paid anywhere near full price though.

>So why aren't chinks selling something exactly the same for $20?
They are.

Just get a

no braided cable
sensor is almost indistinguishable to the 3366

The PC gaming industry has opened the door for a new consumers who don’t mind spending big on accessories & hardware, even if the difference in performance is minor. Look how overkill gaming setups can be.

They’re still plenty of budget options available, just take a look on amazon.

>be me
>think $60 is too much for a mouse
>remember I have a good job and get a Zowie FK1
>amazing mouse
>still amazing after 3 years
>realize it was absolutely worth it

I have a $10 Logitech wireless mouse and it works just fine. And I've only had to replace the battery once in over a year.

>Muh gaming
You are a manchild.

if you're going to pretend that the chinese don't sell a computer mouse for $20 dollars or less than your kind of dumb op

I bought my last mouse off gearbest for like $2

>zowie
>good

you've been had

youre delusional if you think zowie is shit

Chinks ARE selling the exact same shit (or better) for $20.

I prefer my A4Tech Bloody mouse (that I've had for years) more than any Logitech or Razer crap.
It's got a laser sensor, and has polished aluminium instead of rubber pads, so it doesn't get shittier with use.

they charge that much, because people buy it and use it for 2-3 years and more. ofcourse you can buy some pos for 10 bucks every 3 months too.

anybody know of wireless mice (dongle not bt) that have really good range and transmission strength?

I use one frequently for my laptop/projector setup but all my current mice (mostly dongled logitechs) have trouble transmitting through my body, chair, table. Do bluetooth mice do better?
I can't really figure out why a radio transmitter would struggle transmitting to a receiver in the same room, just because of some obstacles like a human body, wood and upholstery chair, and a wood table. Its not a range problem, it I get myself and my chair out of the way the mice have no problems in that location

>gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g203-prodigy-gaming-mouse

The expensive mice exist to make people think the G203, which costs $9 to make, is a good deal at $30.

does yours have the light strike switches?

>So why aren't chinks selling something exactly the same for $20?

But they are selling "gaming" mouses for cheaper than $20.

I've seen gaming mouses by 2400 dpi for like $10

The difference between these mice is about 70€.
Is the more expensive one better? Yes, without a doubt. But I wouldn't say it's worth the 80€ pricetag.
I get the same feeling about mech keyboards. They are much better than rubberdomes but not 100€ better.

Point is, the sensor is what matters the most, and if you're gaming a gaming mouse sensor is worth the price you're going to pay, because it is that important. But outside of gaming, there is no point in having an expensive mouse, unless you're a faggot that wants RGB lights and other gay shit.

It takes the chinks a while to catch up to the latest sensors. they have to adapt code and pcbs and clear old stock that nobody wants. they've already made a few pmw3360 based mice but everyone is still waiting for guinea pigs to test them out.

I have two wireless ones: the arc touch ($20 ) and a trust maxtrack one ($12 ) (those are the prices ipaid). I used the arc touch for about two years before the switch was damaged, then i replaced it with a switch at one side. Still works, i use it mainly on a mobile work station with a Logitechk380 and a tablet.
I got that trust pone because it was cheap and had extra buttons (which i mapped for productivity). Been using it for a year and works the same

G102 is a cheaper version of the G Pro for the Asian market with a cheaper (non-pixart) sensor and a non-braided cable. The G203 is the exact same as the G102 but rebranded for the Western market.

What are you using? Even cheap Logitech gives me no trouble

both my logitech M705 and M510 are straight struggling

makes me wonder if my office chair has some sheet metal running through the back or something