This might sound autistic but does anyone else hate how nowadays when you change a setting on some OS...

This might sound autistic but does anyone else hate how nowadays when you change a setting on some OS, application or game, there's no feedback as to if it worked? You just check or uncheck a box, there's no apply button or spinning circle to confirm your changes. I fucking hate this, a program needs to confirm that changing something actually worked, modern UI has no user feedback. Even if the GUI just flashed for a second, that would be better than nothing.

got examples of this? Have yet to run into a game where there was not a confirmation and I don't use windows 10.

I feel the same way too sometimes. I would also add that the missing abillity to reset your settings is anoying as well, especially in games but in complex programs as well.

Well, it's application specific so I don't know what to tell you. I was kinda used to apply buttons and such to change settings that it feels weird when something doesn't even have that at all and it's doing shit in real time, specially for what you're describing, you don't know if it's done or not.

But I also dislike for instance a few interfaces in which buttons don't have borders for some reason. So you see the word Ok and you're expected to click on the word, rather than a button. Or you're expected to know there's a button there because we have to make things flatter. All super flat. Yeah, this is something I'm autistic about, I don't like flat that much when it's so poorly done it takes several more seconds to find out where you are unless you have used that application before and it's conceptually the same exact thing.

But yeah, feedback is sort of important.

GTA Online.

last time I played gta they had an apply when you changed a setting.

Not sure about the single player, but the online part definitely doesn't have the apply button.

Also CS GO doesn't have the apply button.

Online and the main game are separate now? thought you could switch between the 4 characters on the fly?

Check yourself

I don't like Apply buttons. They were a trauma imposed on me from a young age that I accepted and felt comfortable, but I was never okay with them.

If I set something, why isn't it set unless I hit Apply? What if I set it and then hit Ok or Close? Does the--WHY IS MY MINDSHARE OCCUPIED BY THIS SHIT? WHY NOT JUST APPLY ALL THE THINGS WHEN I CLOSE THE MENU? AND DON'T TELL ME TO RESTART THE GAME YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNTS I DON'T KNOW HOW GAME DEV WORKS, BUT I BET THERE'S A WAY TO MAKE IT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO--WHY, TO RELOAD THE SHADERS? BECAUSE IT'S USUALLY WITH SETTING A BIG THING LIKE AA. AND WOULD A LOADING SCREEN AFTER THE SETTINGS MENU BE A TURN OFF? WHAT IN THE SAM HELL NECESSITATES A RESTART?

You only need an apply button if the change needs to be committed as a transaction (all or nothing).

If individual properties can be changed it's a waste of effort to click twice.

Well, It must be only on video settings, the rest of the settings don't have it and since I've never fucked with video settings I've never seen the button.
You can switch freely from single player to multiplayer and back, but you can also begin the game in online or single player when you first start the game.

>accidently make a change
>dont remember what i missclicked on
>its ok i just wont push apply

What is the original game in that webm?

Hatred

My nigga. You got it.
There is a study about material design, how it's totally not effective as people don't see confirmation or what's really going on and what to press

You get an error if it fails.
What are you, tech illiterate and underage?

Stop spreading lies faggot and samefagging this hard.
Every example you tried to make prooved to be wrong.

Dog I feel you. Most Google account settings have shifted towards this style and it drives me nuts.

Windows 10 is definitely the worst, most of the new metro settings menus have no confirmation of anything. Anything Google is getting much worse as well.

Microsoft was actually cool because you knew what it does and can influence it.
No it's like a Jack in the box