This triggers the jacklets

>this triggers the jacklets
Your oversized 70-year-old analog connector with only one purpose isn't coming back. Get used to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/10/5/16426754/pixel-2-headphone-jack-bluetooth-walled-garden
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>3.5mm
>Oversized

>Does it purpose well depending on the DAC being worth shit

This thread is OP trying to be clever sage this shiiiiiiit

Serious response: wireless headphones still need to improve before we can seriously adopt them.

We need:
lossless sound transmission (3mbps minimum for overhead)
very long battery life (30 hours minimum)
quick charging (30 minutes max)
interference protection and no random stuttering

And we need all of this in cheap $50 earbuds.

When this happens you let me know senpai.

>another stupid bait thread making Sup Forums worse
Sage.

>posting so faggot OP has something to reply too rather leaving him to be archived in minutes
You guys are faggots
>inb4 you replied you too xdddddddd
How else are you dipshits gonna learn?

>jackets
Jokes on you, jacklet.

give me a cheap Bluetooth headphones that are cute and under 70$ and i dish this connector, also they have to be over ear

Why don't they just add a second one?

this

it has to be no cords wireless, cords are extremely suspcetible to wear and tear.

i agreed to your points but,
16 hours of battery life and quick change ( 30 hours is too unrealistic, even tho 16 is too, i would be happy with 10 or 12)

and I would pay $100 on those

>One purpose
It had atleast 3.

>cheap
>$50
I'll be on the train for wireless once they cost

>want to use headphones with decent sound quality on the go
>bluetooth quality is trash
>don't want to recharge my headphones every now and then

Just give me a good pair of headphones that support both USB-C and 3.5mm and I'll be fine.

No dongles. Fuck off.

>3.5mm
>oversized
>thinnest phones on the market all have a 3.5mm port
>iPhone 7 increased in thickness despite dropping it
>delivers the highest fidelity of audio
>no need to fuck about with charging it
>no need to deal with cancer inducing Bluetooth sound quality and background noise

Keep telling yourself that, kid.

Why not a second connector and avoid this bullshit?

Not a Verge shill, but my freedoms

theverge.com/2017/10/5/16426754/pixel-2-headphone-jack-bluetooth-walled-garden

So much this. I hate Bluetooth and I won't buy a phone without a headphone jack.

>lossless sound transmission (3mbps minimum for overhead)

we have LDAC

Keep the DAC, ditch the 3.5mm but give me TWO USB Type-C connections, at least one of which has analog passthrough to the DAC.
That way you can use a passive USB Type-C to 3.5mm TRS without any issue.

The issue with phones like the Pixel 2 is they don't have USB type-C analog passthrough (even though analog passthrough is an optional part of the standard). With digital only audio this means your USB Type-C to 3.5mm TRS adapter has to be an active adapter with a DAC inside of it (and usually a cheap shitty DAC since it's just a little $20 dongle)

Once I have a phone with USB Type-C and the analog pass through function enabled, i'll be happy to ditch 3.5mm, until then however you can fuck right off with that garbage.

This could be the height of corporate cocksucking. Primitive design with no headphone jack and IP67 (not 68) waterproofing all exists to raise their profit margin that is all. Good headphones will be stupid expensive because each one will have to have their own dac that would not be as good as the quad dac or the old HTC M8 amp or apples older phones

>Get used to it.
But i don't buy anything with proprietary connectors.
Get used to stagnating sales :^)