Is this the best laptop available right now from a hardware perspective?

Is this the best laptop available right now from a hardware perspective?

Not from any perspective is it the best. Overpriced, can't run common software, trying to look like a Mac book. Everything is so wrong.

why would it be? it has the same shitty dual core i5 or i7 that all other high end laptops have besides the ones with quad cores
as for the rest, it also doesn't have anything special compared to any other high end besides the dogturd OS

>i7
>16GB RAM

>chrome os

Surface Book is superior

>shitty dual core ulv processor
>best from a hardware perspective
ebin

Wtf is google thinking, they should go for real OS like GNU+loonix or windblows.
That's a powerful internet machine and word processor

what the fuck, is that real?

ChromeOS is literally gentoo

cant you install linux on these anyway

Hello

It's actually copying Surface book, not the mac meme.

ChromeOS is fine, but a truly HIGH END ChromeBook just makes no sense at all. A nice display, sure, but there's no reason to load it with an SSD and fast processor and lots of ram and fast I/O since there's nothing you can do with it.

>not using ryzen

NOPE

>using INTEL
>NO XEON

This

Also, put a real DE ontop of it and it's one of the sexiest Linux laptops you could buy

It's fine if all you want to do is browse the web. Some of us aren't plebs though and need real laptops like this

No the software is shit, unless you're to wipe ChromeOS that is.

>real laptops like this
>a T470 with a backlit 7 row keyboard
>$1,899

You're a dumb fuck.

Can you install wangblows from that?

>t. pixlelbook preordered

Why is ChromeOS so shit anyway?
Never used it but to me it looks just like a glorified skin on top of the same Android you get on phones?

it's just the chrome web browser but its the whole os. less functional than android

>GLORIOUS 3:2 Aspect ratio
>Coreboot
>Linux based Operating system
So much potential

>shit processor
>no function keys
>shit keyboard
>shit os
Dropped.
>shit processor on a $1900 laptop

>Those bezels
Ew
>ChromeOS
Double ew
>Mousepad below the keyboard instead of to the right
Triple ew
And some honorable mentions:
>Shitty slim arrow keys
>Is that a stylus?
>Wasted space between the keyboard and hinges
>Trying to look like a Mac cock
>Muh thinness

>Mousepad below the keyboard instead of to the right
Not everyone is right handed, faggot... But nailed the rest of it.

No, HP EliteBook 1040 G4 is the best laptop currently available.

No

Wot keyboard

>the chinks are outdoing pixelbooks
STOP IT
STOP IT RIGHT FUCKING NOW PREORDER A PIXELBOOK FAG

wont tell you

It already is GNU+loonix

>chrome os
>ganoo

Nvm it's only Linux
My bad

idk styluses are pretty great for note taking, comfy only having to bring my laptop around and not 4 notebooks

ChromeOS is fine, but there's no reason to throw a lot of hardware power at it.

One of the nice things about (the better modern) Chromebooks is that ALL the money goes into the display, since even a slower SOC works well enough.

It is terrible

I can write faster with 9 fingers than a stylus... but if you need to make a scheme or something similar, I think a stylus is good for that.

The whole purpose of Chromebooks is that their hardware is bad enough to not cost a lot, so they're good for giving to your grandparents and shit. Literally no one will buy this except for Google fanboys if any of them exist

no, mostly for diagrams in my EE courses, and for annotating PDFs and skeleton lecture notes so I rarely have to print anything out. Too bad my surface sucks dick so I'm thinking about picking up a pixelbook and running another distro on it for running matlab and whatever.

I guess there are different ways of taking notes, schemes and diagrams are more graphical. I still think that stylus-based computers are a niche.