My water bottle spilled open in my bag and now my 2015 Macbook Pro is fucked. It’s was on sleep mode while in my bag...

My water bottle spilled open in my bag and now my 2015 Macbook Pro is fucked. It’s was on sleep mode while in my bag, but its unresponsive right now. I have it drying right now like pic related. Planning on leaving it like that for three days. I’m so fucking upset.

Is there anything else I can do? What are my chances that this works? How bad is the damage really?

People here will try to sell you a Chinkpad.

Works better than rice would.
Likes to absorb moisture.

>is there anything else I can do
Yeah, throw it in the trash.

don’t have any silica gel, or any rice at home right now. got a fan blowing at it now too, though.

Back in the day I had an iBook die on me when a giant can of Jolt came open in my bag.

The main thing it fried was the video inverter (so everything was inverted colour on the screen), but I managed to make it functional a little while longer by making a custom coloursync profile that compensated (sorta). It was enough to write term final papers at least.

Put it in rice.

It's 100% dead. Best you can do is pull out the storage (assuming it's not one of those macbooks with soldered on storage) and recover the data.

Pray to your god Steve Jobs and his priest Cook that they will consider giving you a refurbished device

Why does everyone need to know what year your laptop is from? Why include that information? Do you say "I'm going to plug in my 2015 MacBook Pro™?

Damn, I miss Jolt

the different years are different models of the macbook dummy

Who gives a shit what model it is tho?

Someone interested in evaluating the potential damage to its components?

Well how does it look on the inside? If that happened to me I would have at least stripped my laptop to dry faster

So you need to know what model it is to know that getting it wet is bad?

i would say open it up and take the battery out... wait a while, squirt the insides with isopropyl or metho and let it dry for a few days with silica or rice

But ! you need a special pentalobe to open it next size up from iphone driver... and then you need know where to diconnect the battery

girl friend did exact same thing to her dell xps 13 carbon wih a water bottle leak... it was un responsive and i managed to get it to work after bypassing a power supply IC.. . louis rossman style

but yeah fact you need a special pentalobe bit at this critical time is just fucked ...

ask me anything

>Macbook
>inside

Those battery cans would always come open on their own, even if they looked cool.

lol you fucking loser. Kiss goodbye to your thousand dollar facebook machine kid, you're screwed.

>Water bottle
>Mac Book Pro
>Bag

Op if you have any 97 proof rubbing alcohol or whatever pour abunch on it to get all the water out. Either than that you have no hope
Pour abunch every on it let it dry under the fan for like a day and give it a try

I spilt an entire glass of beer on my 2015 mbp. Worked fine afterwards.

But it sounds like you're fucked desu.

And nothing of value was lost..

You forgot:
t. someone who has mommy and daddy pay for everything

>Had a Das keyboard ultimate clicky
>had that fucker since it came out
>babied it
>by some misfortune spilled a class of tea on it
>took it all apart
>wiped it down
>used air compressor to dry it
>set it in the sun to further dry
>tea go into the switches and made them sticky

Never been so devastated.

That's what you get for putting sugar in your tea, faggot.

>he doesn't drink sweet tea

yes, actually

Shit is fucking disgusting, burger. Enjoy your diabetes.

>Enjoy your diabetes

Won't happen, I don't put that much sugar in it and I'm fairly active.

Then you're talking about iced tea, right? I thought sweet tea is the southern version, where they dump a fuckton of sugar into it.

I mean it's the same thing. You don't have to dump a fuck ton of sugar in it. I use 1.5 cups to 1 gallon.

Shouldn't buy an Apple product if you can't afford a replacement on the spot.

If it was very old OP could have removed the battery
If it was older OP could remove the HDD to recover data
If it was one of the newer ones he's fucked

Go away Louis.

>1.5 cups

Wew

>water
lol are you gay or something

pop open the bottom for better ventilation

Put it somewhere hot for start to let water evaporate.

Bring your shitty broken laptop to me and I'll show it to the world while also fixing it.

Just buy a new one. You can afford to, right?

Why buy a new one when you can get one fixed for much less?

Oy vey don't say that!

Cry in your boyfriend's lap, faggot

macOS has a built-in color inverter option in System Preferences > Accessibility.
You could have used that.

>macshit
lmao

pee on it :D

It definitely varies from model to model. The 12" MacBook is harder to break from water than something like OP has because it's such a tiny simple board in the computer.

> spend $2000 on laptop
> don’t spend $100 to insure it from accidents or theft

you deserve everything that’s happening

True, although you can do a better job compensating for a borked screen / video card with colour sync. Iirc the screen was still very washed out and weird looking even with tweaking, but it was at least usable.

>The display inverter literally inverts the color
Seriously. How the fuck do you even get this retarded?

Do people actually buy laptop insurance?

>got a fan blowing at it now too, though
retard

>uses a laptop that can't handle a bottle full of water
That is what you get for not using a ThinkPad (It's not only impervious to wine like ) I guess.

>It’s was on sleep mode while in my bag, but its unresponsive right now.
Then it's likely destroyed
>I have it drying right now like pic related.
Won't help... Water damaged electronics won't be fixed by drying. And often water contains all sorts of minerals that leave residue when you dry it. So even if it did not short initially it might short eventually. And if it was on sleep mode then it's fucked.

Don't be a stupid fucking bitch. Get some your laptop is waaaay more expensive to replace than desecant. Take your gay fan away, Put it in a plastic bag with two large packets. If you go buy like two cheap electronics they will both have medium-large ones in the box I guarantee it.

The first thing you should have done is stripped it and cleaned the damaged components with Q-tips coated in isopropyl. Letting it "dry" like that won't result in anything good. If you're lucky, you'll be able to recover data from the SSD.

Also, why the fuck would you carry a water bottle in the same pouch as your $1,500 laptop in the first place?

I mean what else would you expect from someone who spends $1500 on a laptop with a dual core processor