I honestly dont get the autistic developer humor & banter at my workplace

> Starwars References
> Windows bashing
> If you use tabs you are retarded!
> Emacs!!!! teehee
> Nuclear bombs....holy shit do they talk about this topic alot...

Seriously how the fuck do I get these guys? Am I just severely autistic or a normie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8uvAwb5Unic?t=58s
youtube.com/watch?v=lgAFWAGaotg
youtube.com/watch?v=BSNaPBrjMe0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you are a different kind of autistic than they are, still autistic though

BUmp

Those are all normie things, except for emacs, and maybe tabs vs spaces, although that was covered in a silicon valley episode.

The rest is straight out of big bang theory.

this
they are stereotypical autists while you are a contrarian autist

>big bang theory

that show is so goddamn dumb. nothing would be funny without the studio audience laugh track

I got trips. now I can go to sleep

Burp

BAZINGA!

what's wrong with tabs?

>workplace

just fukken fake it, christ.

>contrarian autist
explain yourself you walking deus ex machina

>video game jokes
>fantasy novel jokes
>anime jokes
fuck i hate work. it's like im working with fucking reddit

They work: they are just normalfags pretending to be autistic and nerdy, don't forget programmer is the new accountant. What sort of work do you specifically?

You probably are.

they also unironically watch silicon valley JUST

>don't forget programmer is the new accountant
t-take that back

Developer. I mainly fuck around on Amazon and Memes most of the day, then meetings and usually finishing the latter half of Friday with beers....I dont even get into work until like 9.30 but noone notices

Tfw 100k to write 5 lines of code a day...its a fucking joke

just be thankful you aren't working with trad monkeys

>hurr i fucked this girl like dis
>muh masculinity
>muh covert negs at your esteem

I saw R&M stuff printed out all over a record store I went to and wasn't very fond of it. I bought an Aphex Twin album on vinyl though

right but what sort of technologies do you use when actually working?

It's just colleagues trying to be funny using references they know the others will understand.
They know they all watched star wars, all hate windows, etc. etc. so they can use these topics in their conversations knowing the others will get them.
There's literally nothing autistic. With perhaps (depending on the view), the exception of the topics themselves.

It's like women talking about hair conditioners or nail polish. Would you call them autistic if hair conditioners were considered "autistic topics"?
I bet you would, and that's a silly, silly approach.

Don't overthink it. I'm 100% positive they'd talk with you about equally autistic subjects if you showed that you have interest in doing so.

>how the fuck do I get these guys?
You read/watch/whatever what it is they are talking about.

why? Nothing wrong with being an account, no? Look at the news: good things happen with those guys, no?

>> If you use tabs you are retarded!
This aint no """humor""", this is realtalk.

Node, React Native/Redux, Kafka, MongoDB, AWS and J2EE

I used to work in a place like that, they were acting exactly like the autists on here sptting on winblows. I would defend the winapi just to break their balls.

Explains a lot. Working with hipster tech leads you to work with hipster nu-male faggots.

>covert negs at your esteem

Any interesting ones that made you chuckle at least?

How is it funny with the track?

>omen talking about hair conditioners or nail polish. Would you call them autistic if hair conditioners were considered "autistic topics"?
>I bet you would, and that's a silly, silly approach.
>Don't overthink it. I'm 100% positive they'd talk with you about equally autistic subjects if you showed that you have interest in doing so.
>>how the fuck do I get these guys?
>You read/watch/w

Its similar to here actually
>Arguing over which graphics cards give a slightly increased output
>"PHP is the worst language ever! XDXDXD"

Why the fuck anyone care about this? It goes, it goes and thats all that matters. The only difference is here people give a lot of shit to pajeets which is nice, whereas doing that at work would land me in HR within minutes

normies laugh when others laugh everyone wants to be part of the group

Change, shit
I guess change is good for any of us
Whatever it take for any of y'all niggas to get up out the hood

Where is place to go where they arent numales then? Honestly I feel like its either this or working with jaded boomers on old school COBOL/RPG mainframes.

no not really

>RPG
Cheif keef aint no hitta

C/C++ programmers are usually not like this in any serious places. A lot of them will be older guys in their 40s and 50s.

Perl programmers also tend to be cool.
Unfortunately, Perl jobs don't exist.

nothing, they're what you should use

Tell me this isn't funny

youtu.be/8uvAwb5Unic?t=58s

youtube.com/watch?v=lgAFWAGaotg

ZIMBABWE

Patrician taste user

making excuses not to work by blathering

>checking your own trips

Because this is all normies trying to be geek to feel special, nothing nerdy or funny

Seriously, what's with nerds and Star Wars? Adults watching a fucking children's movie.

i didn't even crack a smile through either of them. it's such a stupid show

youtube.com/watch?v=BSNaPBrjMe0

>Tfw 100k to write 5 lines of code a day...its a fucking joke
How the fuck do you get a job like this? You see people saying shit like this and then you see people saying it's near impossible to find a good job.

i'm a dev and literally no one ever talks about that stuff. well they do sometimes argue mac vs windows but there's people on both sides and the arguments are short-lived and joking.

i have a feeling you're just making this shit up and you're a NEET

You're too autistic for them.

Autistic humor 20 years ago is the normie humor today. Autistic humor today is beyond the scope of normie humor.

it's a mindless, grindy job

>tfw I truly wish I had more work just to avoid my NPC coworkers

Do you enjoy being a contrarian?

I'm a dev and all the jokes thrown around at my workplace would be considered racist/misogynistic in the US. I guess that's one pro of not living there.

>alot
Fuck off illiterate.

Programming is only an accountant job if the kind of programming you do is shit.
Systems programming is actually fun and interesting, and requires brains.

> waaaahh why can't we just make fun of niggers and jews at work like I do 16 hours a day on Sup Forumschan

On Friday we talked about autonomous cars and Asimov's laws of robotics for like two hours
Then we read rotten tomatoes reviews of blade runner
Then we went to a steakhouse down the street for like two hours for lunch
Being a developer is pretty chill with the right people
We all just chipped in on a 3d printer too and 3d printing has literally nothing to do with our job

>itt reddito
wtf

> Nuclear bombs....holy shit do they talk about this topic alot...

What? Do you work in North Korea or something?

I had respect for my coworkers until they started talking about this dumb ass shit. Hurrr I'm a nerd tehehehehe. You're just a faget.

Would you say you feel that your culture has been appropriated?

Based tumblr putting our feelings into words when we can't.

I don't get it either but you're not above them. Sound like a teenager who's trying excessively hard to be grown up

tabs are better you fuck

I've never watched an episode of Rick and Morty or Big Bang Theory in my life, and no amount of shilling and memeing will ever get me to watch them.

rick and morty is pretty good senpai

t. normalfag trying to be uncool and unhip

If you had to watch it, watch only Season 1 and Season 2.

The current season 3 is SJW pandering.

You work at Sup Forums?

Nope, too busy slogging through 10 seasons of Stargate SG-1.

>f you use tabs you are retarded!
anyone who shits up the source code with dozens of spaces needs shot.
to go from the beginning of the line to the first REAL character of the code, should only take at minimum a single press of the right arrow.

Dude, tabs are great, single spacing is retard af.

>wasting bits on individual spaces

I just died a bit more inside.

rick and morty is TBBT for people who claim that don't like TBBT.

I've worked in a couple of head shops and record stores and at a certain point it became required to have at least four paintings of R&M by some prominent graffiti artist. Plebs eat that shit up and freak out every time they see it. I've had hundreds of people walk in the door only to look at Rick as Hunter S Thompson and buy a $100 vaporizer. It's stupid, but I know why owners do it.

if you don't use tabs with tab width of 8 you need to be lined up and shot

O'niel, pls

>C/C++ programmers are usually not like this in any serious places. A lot of them will be older guys in their 40s and 50s.
This desu. Youngest person on my team by at least 10 years.

Normie office banter/small talk is horrible
>dude coffee lmao
>dude friday lmao

>dude check out patricia lmao
>dude we should fill every single moment of silence we have with inane chatter lmao
no wonder suicide rates are spiking

Confirmed for never working with someone who is a 3D printed shell with the reddit front page uploaded to where the brain should be. It's not that you hate them, it's just frustrating when every conversation lacks depth. Nothing interesting is said, responses are predictable and sound like prepared discussion points. It's like when you see someone on the train who you know posts in WAYWT somewhere on the internet. They don't have an interesting outfit on - it lacks any unique character that would make the person worth talking to. And I'm sure they have something to say but they've built a screen between them and everybody else.

>be part timer in first dev job
>even though its government kind of thing my seniors hipster software kind of guys
>long hairs fucking earrings
>fucking apple web dev kind of guys
>my seniors talking in next to office door
>tell one of them actually windows is best os ever made
>they look me like im from some another fucking planet
>one of them just smiles like im joking with them or something
>i was joking actually but after their autistic reaction take it step further
>tell it works on every machine its hard thing to achieve
>itsnotthathard.jpg
>one of them says actually thats a good point
>they start to argue like retards
>go outside smoke cigarette
>come back 10 min later they still argue like retards
fucking hipster startup web dev retards i hate them so much i didnt even fucking tried this fucking retards

I don't think you know what deus ex machina means

I just talk with coworkers about sports, keeps them thinking i'm more normie than them when i'm actually completely jaded compared to them. Sports is the biggest goy shit ever though, i only do the minimum by reading the results and an article every now and then.

they are edgy self-proclaimed autists
>look at my le star trek paraphernalia
>look at my le stickers
>look at all this le edge that surely makes me le unique and quirky, right? right?
>haha i live up to so many of le techie stereotypes haha
i hate them with a passion
>lol dude chill with the le outdated C99 implementations man, most of us use python and C++14, why cant you just adapt to the standard we have in this team

i bet you are real interesting to talk to
>so user, what are your hobbies?
>"I have euphoric discussions with other enlightened gentlemen on 4 chan, m'lady"

t. edgy self-proclaimed autist
Fuck you die.

if it's a stressful workplace, talking about bullshit and bashing other people's choices in workflow like that can be sort of cathartic and reinforcing/ motivating.

If you're not that in to bullshitting that's fine but I wouldn't really read into it, people have different coping mechanisms.

besides windows 10 is the worst piece of shit OS that can possibly have ever been coded.

wrong, i am in fact a god machine

What the fuck is wrong with emacs?

>i hate them with a passion
>>lol dude chill with the le outdated C99 implementations man, most of us use python and C++14, why cant you just adapt to the standard we have in this team

>having imaginary conversations with yourself to reaffirm your unwarranted hatred towards developers who are not as autistic as you
kill yourself

>automagically

It's not Notepad++

It's not nano

>uses a rick and morty screencap
>talks about how he can't hang with people because he's too enlightened

god fuck the stereotype keeps getting more and more real.

whats rick and morty? is it like big bang theory but for cartoon hipsters or something?

>If you use tabs you are retarded!
Wtf are you supposed to use?

You posted with a Rick & Morty image so you're pretty fucking normie garbage reddit tier.