IPhone X release delayed into 2018

Is it vaporware?

ohshit at first i thought it was fake but did a quick search and found multiple sources saying that it's being delayed

ahaahahaha real or fake i am lauffin

AWWW LAAAWDY

>announce the 8 and the X at the same time
>make the 8 outdated before it's even released making apple faggots mad

I don't get who planned that shit

Could this be the Really Really for Real major fuck up that sinks Apple? (Not just the delay, but the price, the notch, the way they marketed a phone no one wanted along with it, the whole dumpster fire surrounding this)

Probably

i dont see any reports of a delay
the release date still says november 3rd

The notch could be.

They've forced developers to optimise their apps for this monstrosity, and now they have to keep it.

Meanwhile, everybody else, free of retarded marketing restrictions will get better.

And if Apple decides to get rid of the notch, then they admit they are retarded, and they have to have their developers amending the app visuals again.

they wont, just like the headphone jack, next years phone will also have the notch

The notch is truly balls, but Apple manages to survive stupid shit. I feel like all these things happening at once are what it will take. I mean, they sell a phone no one asked for (and thus no one bought it) and then a phone everyone thought they wanted until the notch and even then maybe ok but oops, no supply. They're a company driven by phone sales that's not selling any phones.

got a source on that

This.

Normalfags couldn't care less about features getting removed from their phone. All that matters is that it's still iPhone and it's expensive.

The question I have is will they kick apps out of the store that mask the notch. They are supposedly strongly encouraging developers to do the ugly. What if app makers say, "Ok, I hear you suggesting but nah, don't want my app to look like ass."

Is it though, is it still an iPhone if they have a supply chain problem and can't make enough to sell? So far looks bad.

We say that every time they announce a product, I'm tired of thinking that everything will destroy this company. I think they reached the pinnacle with the iPhone 6/6S and now they're slowly going down, usually it takes the same time they used to go up so let's say 15 years, every fuck up they make thinking they're cool is not a big deal for them but another dark spot, sum that to the others

You're a fucking idiot.

This thing is going to sell like hotcakes. Watch.

The reason it will sell well is because most people are on monthly payment plans so $35/45/month is not a big deal and they don't see it as being a $999 phone.

And also it's a flagship phone.

Samsung Note 8 is also this price.

Yeah, and I agree in general, but this time is objectively a bigger fuck up than the rest.

doubt it but you never know

Don't forget the swelling battery issue popping up. Yeast based battery tech.

This. If exploding phones couldn't kill Samsung, a notch isn't going to kill Apple.

But being delayed into next year is going to lose a lot of potential android converts.

>Could this be the Really Really for Real major fuck up that sinks Apple?
No, don't be dumb.

It needs to actually be on the market to sell.

Possible reasons why its delayed:
>Screens costs too much and Appel is waiting to see if LG can make the OLED screen for them
>Backlash against the notch making appel consider making the top completely black or ui redeign.
>shortage of ram/ nand / a11 cpu's

Apparently Face ID is having issues. Pretty big deal if it's meant to completely replace Touch.

Pre-orders start in 13 days....dumbass.

Sup Forums is so retarded sometimes.

So let's look at what the past few years have brought us:
>Much higher prices
>Dat Notch
>No headphone jack because Fuck You!
>Can't connect it to your mac without a bag of dongles and adapters
>Supply issues making the phone unavailable
>Swelling batteries
>Killing Touch Id instead of just putting it on the back or side because Fuck You!

Only thing missing it a dick that comes out of the phone when you hold it up to your ear.

Count yourselves lucky they gave up on the sapphire screens or they'd be marking these things up to like $1400.

Apple didn't sink for making a phone that had to be held a special way not to lose bars. Samsung didn't sink for making a phone that was literally on fire.

But no, it's a fucking notch that is going to ruin Apple.

i still think this phone is a damn beauty

>the release date still says november 3rd
inb4 only 100,000 units in the initial launch followed by global reports of stocks being "sold out"

>pre-orders for a phone no one will get until December at the earliest
kek

Don't forget multiple random face scans leading to auto security lockups

Yeah, a few people will get it before the end of the year. Nice 2017 iPhone you're getting in 2018.

That's Courage, lad.

Appleshill detected!

The iphone 4 antenna shit came out when people who wanted the iphone 4 already bought it; it was a bait and switch. Also most users couldn't care less about it anyway. I played around with one for a while back then and it's issues are greatly exaggerated.
As much as samsung is cancer to android the same way apple is cancer to the mobile industry, they handled the note 7 issue much more professionally than you'd expect from smartphone vendors. On the other hand, you have apple childishly removing the fp sensor altogether because it would've made the X look too similiar to an android.

I don't really give a fuck about phones in general, but you're a moron.

Pre-ordering iphones is not anything new and people line up to Pre-order and purchase on opening day.

Watch and see. That thing is going to be sold out fast and sell like hotcakes.

>On the other hand, you have apple Courageously removing the fp sensor altogether...
Fix'd it for you

Mate are you from Uganda or something?
With that money considering you want a decent GB allowance, you may be able to get iPhone 6s.

For the x, you got to go north of 65 pounds.

Not really. I'm a realist. I barely give a shit about any phones.

I'm a laptop guy.

Dumb bong or kangaroo detected.

I can easily afford the iPhone X top end model.

Most people will get the 64GB version at $45/month.

What price can you get the iPhone 8, with no upfront cost?

It starts at $699 for the iPhone 8 and $799 for the iPhone 8 Plus I think.

It's called SIM-Free and you can buy it from Apple. It comes unlocked and can work on any carrier.

I bought my 6s Plus like this and paid the full amount and I hate monthly plans.

The iPhone X starts at $999 for the 64GB version.

>On the other hand, you have apple childishly removing the fp sensor altogether because it would've made the X look too similiar to an android.

Apple removed TouchID because going with two sensors is weak.

oh yes

It doesn't make sense having 2 entry points to access the device, dummy.

It actually would mean there are 2 entry points of vulnerabilities in a phone.

I agree, they should ditch the password as a fallback altogether. Apple being retarded as always I guess

You can disable the password I think or use a longer password.

No you can't, you use a password every reboot or after too many tries.
Have you even touched an iphone before, shill?

Password is required with biometrics on iOS.

it not be the first time that Apple admits some fuck up.
But this would backfire them noticeable.

It will be sold out alright. Because only 100 quasi-workable prototypes will be on the market.

>Samsung will make $110 for every iPhone X sold
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just enter a complicated password you retards. There's a way to make it longer than 4 numbers.

iPhones are the most secure phones on the market.

Doesn't this happen pretty much with any electronics?

Like literally, you buy a gay ass Dell monitor, you're probably paying $100 to LG or Samsung or Sharp for the panels.

It's actually funny because Samsung does all this research on displays and Apple comes and swoops their technology and makes a superior phone. Every time.

But it doesn't make sense to have more than one entry point into the device user, are you moving the goalposts now?
>inb4 not that user
Congrats, you're a marginally smarter shill than the other one.

The difference is that profit margins on the iphone are high as fuck, so the display alone would likely account for half the price of the entire fucking phone.
It's pretty dumb for apple to adopt oled prematurely when lg hasn't even gotten up to speed with manufacturing oleds.

What are you even talking about?

Your iphone becomes a brick and you can set it to auto wipe if you enter the wrong password a few times.

And then you have FaceID to make unlocking easier.

It's a win win.

How the fuck am I moving goalposts here you fucktard?

iPhone X profit margin is highly likely lower than the iPhone 8 for obvious reasons. It has a high end HDR certified OLED display, literally face detection hardware and so on.

You forget to mention that Apple also has to run stores (with it's own employees), have over 100,000 employees, spend millions on R&D. The profit margin becomes lower when you take these things into account. Not to mention all the money they spend on replacing iPhones for customers.

You're forgetting that Apple is usually first to break manufacturing records.

Steve Jobs literally created the Chinese manufacturing market of high precision goods with the original iPhone and especially the iPhone 4.

With Apple starting to adopt OLEDs in 2017, the market will quickly shift to only OLED and LCD's will go away very soon and every device will have OLED from now on.

People underestimate Apple's importance in these industries. Even Shill Gates agrees with what I just said above.

why are you feeling the urge to hit enter after every sentence?

>High end OLED display
iPhone X uses binned old fab OLEDs. Samsung is saving all their good OLEDs for the Note 8 and S9 so they can curbstomp Apple.

>that first part
I'm not sure you have the adequate ability to comprehend what I just said. As much as it shits on my faith in humanity to explain this, I agree with you. What I don't agree on, is the fucktarded shilling in the other post I was referring to, that said face ID on its own is good enough. It's not, and I'm sure you know why.

>second part
>lower profit margin
Due to the oled panels. I literally just mentioned that.

>second and fourth paragraph
Literally not even adressing the point. Reads like a PR statement and is basically corporate doublespeak.

>first to break manufacturing records
Burden of proof is on you. Come on shill, it's not that hard to source one of the thousands of bullshit apple articles that nu males jack off to while writing them, just post a fucking link.

>every device will have oled from now on
Disregarding the fact that oleds are inferior to lcds in many ways (ask me why), making it a selection between lcds and oleds rather than a substitute and a clear cut upgrade, oled production outside of samsung is still not mature enough for apple to adopt with the X, in 2017. That's literally the whole point of my post you quoted. Holy shit.

>shill gates
>disparaging microsoft whenever he gets the chance
Expected.

This

Because it's easier and I write my emails this way as well.

I've been posting like this since the 90s (probably before you were born) so fuck off you mental midget.

>Binned OLED
>Dolby Certified HDR display

Yeah, no. Nice try tho, shill.

Do you really think Apple would allow Samgay to act like lil bitches? You do realize Apple has the upper hand here, right?

They could go to LG or SHARP.

tl;dr lol
fuck off nigger idiot

Worthless shitskin.

why are you so rude? i was genuinely curious. didn't you have netiquette in the 90s?

>(probably before you were born)
I've been on the internet since the millenium (because it matters so much to you apparently), but god damn if your entire ego is based upon the fact that you're older than the people you converse with, you really should consider suicide.

>Do you really think Apple would allow Samgay to act like lil bitches?
FUCKING
DOLLARS

>they could go lg or sharp
That's why it's being delayed.
Literally the entire reason for the existence of yet another apple shill thread.
Apple is being cucked to hell and back. Sorry fanboy, just like when he got cucked out of his own company, without jobs, apple is a husk of it old self.

>tl;dr lol
>post is as long as the post I replied to
>I can't refute shit so I project my insecurities by spontaneously calling someone an idiot
>twice

?

No, you millennial retards ruined the internet. We were free to do whatever we wanted in the 90s version of the internet.

Still didn't read my dude.

You seem so adamant about defending some corporation which doesn't give a fuck about you.

I don't give a flying fuck about Apple or any other company. But I am after the truth, in which case you're not.

Tim Cook may be an unimaginative faggot, but he knows how to make the company money.

Next year with iPhone X2, or whatever they'll call it, their margin will be much higher and they will go to either SHARP or LG. Or Samsung will drop the price.

That's how technology works, you know.

Go find another hobby.

Idiot.

>Still didn't read my dude.
I've had to give myself eye cancer to read your reddit spacing garbage. Good for you for being dumb I guess, I posted that shit in good faith thinking you'd actually be the type of person who wants discussion and his points challenged, but guess not.

>You seem so adamant about defending some corporation which doesn't give a fuck about you.
I hate samshit ever since the s3, where they've gone the route of apple with the expensive as all fuck phones. This post was made by me earlier on.

>I don't give a flying fuck about Apple or any other company. But I am after the truth, in which case you're not.
>says the guy that literally skipped a post because it shook his worldview too hard

>Tim Cook may be an unimaginative faggot, but he knows how to make the company money.
Sure thing bruv. You think you can hire a bunch of businessmen and place them in a room and magically, your balance sheet's in the green?

>Next year with iPhone X2, or whatever they'll call it, their margin will be much higher and they will go to either SHARP or LG. Or Samsung will drop the price.
Possibly true, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy it like I did with the 2016 election.

>Go find another hobby.
>implying me browsing Sup Forums for the latest lulz on the X is in any way or shape or form a hobby
Stop projecting you dweller.

>so they can curbstomp Apple.

curbstomp Apple with what? dogshit profit margins?

I want to put a short on Apple. How low do you think this can go?

Is 145 reasonable?